INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of Pools

+2
CanuckBob
Jim W
6 posters

Go down

Speaking of Pools Empty Speaking of Pools

Post by Jim W Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:15 am

Has anyone converted from chlorine to salt system @ Lakeside? Is there an upside or downside? What was approximate cost?

TIA

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Pools Empty Re: Speaking of Pools

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:44 am

There was a salt set-up at the last rental I had but it had been disconnected and converted back to chlorine. I was told it was because the local "pool maintenance guys" don't know how to maintain a salt system so they changed it back over. Go figure?

BTW....last time I looked NOB it was about $1500 to convert to the salt equipment. I am not sure how the price of potassium chloride compares to chlorine nor what other chemicals may be required (alkaline, calcium, etc.).
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

Speaking of pools and pool safety... I have a super Skamper Ramp (up to 250 lbs) available now that I've moved to a house without a pool.
Call 765-7092.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vi-po78Ltk
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:10 am

how much for the ramp? we have three dogs and the two rotties are pretty clumsy sometimes so that would be a good thing to have as we dont have stairs in the pool,just a ladder.
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:40 am

It would be a very good thing! Very few dogs can climb ladders. I'm asking $500 pesos for the ramp.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:03 am

CanuckBob wrote:There was a salt set-up at the last rental I had but it had been disconnected and converted back to chlorine. I was told it was because the local "pool maintenance guys" don't know how to maintain a salt system so they changed it back over. Go figure?

BTW....last time I looked NOB it was about $1500 to convert to the salt equipment. I am not sure how the price of potassium chloride compares to chlorine nor what other chemicals may be required (alkaline, calcium, etc.).

Thanks CB, I'm just trying to find out which one is considered better and why. Seems like all you get is a sales pitch when you talk to sellers.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am

I am not sure of the cost of the equipment now, but we started with a salt water system 13 years ago and still use it. The only major expense we have had is to change the generating equipment once a few years ago, and our system works great. We only add salt during the rainy season when the extra water causes salt loss due to overflow. A 50 pound bag of salt costs less than 100 pesos, and we might use 4 bags a year. The cost savings are significant and the pool is much easier to maintain than using chemicals. Our pool guy is familiar with salt systems and has no trouble maintaining the equipment.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:41 am

Sounds good cosalmx. Who is your pool guy? Also, are there other chemicals that ever need to be added such as alkaline or calcium?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am

I received one quote to convert to salt water system of 22,500 pesos. Tehy say I would save approx., 500 pesos per month on chemicals. I know I don't spend that much on chemicals, as our pool has become more "eye candy", seldom used and not that big, so for me, sticking with existing set up.

Had a I known more about pools when I decided to put one in, there would have been a pool water leveling device installed, so we weren't adding water to maintain water level...as needed throughout the year.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cosalamx Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 am

CanuckBob wrote:Sounds good cosalmx. Who is your pool guy? Also, are there other chemicals that ever need to be added such as alkaline or calcium?

The only other thing we have added to the water is some acid from time to time that we buy at a hardware store. Other than that, nothing but water and salt. Our pool guy is a former service guy for TechnoAgua. If you want I can give you his cell number at the end of the month when we are back Lakeside, or I can talk to him when we are back and he comes to do his weekly cleaning and maintenance. He speaks no English, but I can manage face to face.

cosalamx

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 am

I converted my pool to salt water about six months ago. As far as I recall the cost for equmemt was arount $25,000 mp. The operating costs are very low, salt is cheap and the pool guy doesn't seem to use much. He uses other chemicals for algae control amd I think ph, but again the cost has been lower than chlorine pools in the past. I like it much better on my skin and swimsuits, less irritating.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down