INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

marsite or diamond brite for pools

4 posters

Go down

marsite or diamond brite for pools  Empty marsite or diamond brite for pools

Post by gravy Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:53 am

a friend is building a pool here ...... in Florida , we rarely used "tiled pools" because it's impossible to seal the grout sufficiently to keep water and chemicals from popping the "penny tiles " from popping off ...... compound curves present a problem with tiny cuts on already tiny tiles
is there anyone local that does Marsite or Diamond Brite here ? .......... we're doing a "kidney pool"
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

marsite or diamond brite for pools  Empty Re: marsite or diamond brite for pools

Post by Mainecoons Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm

That's a really good question. I've often wondered why they tile pools here rather than plaster them, with tile only at the water line, usually 8"x8" or similar size.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

marsite or diamond brite for pools  Empty Re: marsite or diamond brite for pools

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Yes, I would like to deep six my tiles and go for a plain concrete type finish. I'll be interested to hear some options.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:58 pm

You can't get the right sand. The very best is white marble sand. Ask the pool contractor by Handymail - Jurgen is his name.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 pm

I apologize - here is at least one supplier of sharp, white silica sand in Guadalajara. You just have to pay for it and get it here. The new delivery driver for Lakeside Express speaks English, seems trustworthy, and has a medium size 'stake' truck.
http://www.silicedeguadalajara.com/

Your masons will need white cement, local, no problem. Over the past few years there have been some new products/additives which make concrete truly waterproof. There are special trowels for pools but I don't think they are an absolute necessity

If you are placing an order, let me know, I will order four bags and offset the shipping costs.

Having a lucky internet day! Here is the K.I.M. waterproofing which I know works very well. There is/was a distributor in Monterrey according to their "where to buy". Could ship by Red Pack within Mexico.

http://www.kryton.com/products/krystol-internal-membrane-kim/
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down