INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercado Libertad

+13
Zedinmexico
kipissippi
Smartalex
hockables
johninajijic
LMarkoya
borderreiver
brigitte
Mainecoons
CheenaGringo
viajero
David
CanuckBob
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mercado Libertad - Page 2 Empty Re: Mercado Libertad

Post by viajero Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 pm

China de Dios doesn't rhyme.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:41 pm

seisdedos wrote:
Yes but it is becoming outdated. That was when many imported goods sold there were made in Taiwan. Now they offer made in China crap like everybody else.

Haha. No kidding. Whenever I''ve got friends visiting who are newish to Mexico I always use this line when pointing out where things are. "There's the carnicería....and there's a good ferretería over there on the corner....and that's the "Plastic Crap from China Store". I've long wished someone would put that sign up storefront.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:29 pm

There was documentry made about tianguies in Guadalajara a couple of years ago titled "Made in China".

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 pm

If you ever get a chance to check out the Abastos market in Guadalajara it has been around since 1835 or so and is where we all get our fresh produce and other stuff that is sold in most stores and Tianguis. Not much but plastic from China here. Many made in Mexico stuff and spices from around the world.

On the corner of Mariano Otera and Lazaro Cardenas. Pretty big place.
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:47 pm

viajero wrote:There was documentry made about tianguies in Guadalajara a couple of years ago titled "Made in China".

I'd like to see that!

San Juan de Dios had a big 50th birthday bash a few years ago. I remember people talking about a fire that demolished it at some point too. What a nightmare that must have been.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Big Daddy Mexico wrote:If you ever get a chance to check out the Abastos market in Guadalajara it has been around since 1835 or so and is where we all get our fresh produce and other stuff that is sold in most stores and Tianguis. Not much but plastic from China here. Many made in Mexico stuff and spices from around the world.

That market has been there since 1967. We lived in Jardines del Bosque on Lazaro Cardenas between Tonantzin and Arboledas for many years. It was within walking distance of the market and that is where we did most of our our shopping. We still make occasional trips there for produce and other items. One of the few places I'll partake of menudo is at Doña Chelas.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Daddy Mexico Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 pm

seisdedos wrote:
Big Daddy Mexico wrote:If you ever get a chance to check out the Abastos market in Guadalajara it has been around since 1835 or so and is where we all get our fresh produce and other stuff that is sold in most stores and Tianguis. Not much but plastic from China here. Many made in Mexico stuff and spices from around the world.

That market has been there since 1967. We lived in Jardines del Bosque on Lazaro Cardenas between Tonantzin and Arboledas for many years. It was within walking distance of the market and that is where we did most of our our shopping. We still make occasional trips there for produce and other items. One of the few places I'll partake of menudo is at Doña Chelas.

I am right, and you are right.

The Abastos Market in Guadalajara has been around since 1967 in Mexico and the Abastos Market in Guadalajara has been around since the early 1830's in Spain. My translaton of Spanish did not go far enough. My apologies. Figured it didn't seem that old. Just wanted to comment that it was a great market and my wife loves the menudo there also.
mariachi
Big Daddy Mexico
Big Daddy Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.bigdaddyssausages.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2