INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bugs

+8
gringal
CanuckBob
ferret
Ms.Thang
Dr. Sam Thelin
Traveller
E-raq
espĂ­ritu del lago
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Super Bugs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Super Bugs

Post by viajero Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Flor de sal is great,all the salt we buy is from the coast.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Won't give up my cigarettes for anyone... BECAUSE I have fewer cataplectic seizures when I smoke and every time that I have tried to quit, I'm falling down all over the place.
Wonder what Dr. Thelin has to say about that?...and, no, Dr. Thelin...I don't drink alcohol or take any meds other than a hormone pill, a thyroid pill and one Robax Gold a day to stop back spasms.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm

ferret wrote:Won't give up my cigarettes for anyone... BECAUSE I have fewer cataplectic seizures when I smoke and every time that I have tried to quit, I'm falling down all over the place.
Wonder what Dr. Thelin has to say about that?...and, no, Dr. Thelin...I don't drink alcohol or take any meds other than a hormone pill, a thyroid pill and one Robax Gold a day to stop back spasms.

Well that just about says it all. Don't worry about those cigarettes. Very Happy
Stress is bad for you!!!
Viajero, there are only 2 salts I will use. Colima flor de sal and mediterranean Fleur de sel, available in a handy dandy grinder at Costco. Just in case it's too damned hot to go to the coast.

Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:14 pm

Ferret.......you have been reading the latest on those hormone pills?......I hope.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:14 pm

How do you know you had parasites? Did you have a lab look at a sample? Did you look at them under the microscope yourself? Or did you just self-diagnose yourself based on flatuance smell? If you are aware that they exist, why are you not more careful and avoid getting them in the first place?

E-raq wrote:
Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:It is the level of haloperidol she takes Shocked

ferret wrote:E-raq...what the hell is Level 4?

So, Dr. Sam, which mind altering medication are you on?

Ever been in a level 4? Nah, me neither, however that's how I got my training, from the chief parasitologist at a level 4.

Soooo, now that the formalities are over, let's talk parasites shall we? Lot's of little goodies around here. I personally had 6 last year. Of course a nice healthy dose of Doxy killed the fargin little bastages, as I'm sure you are more than well aware.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Is not thyroid and hormone redundant?

As for your cataplexy, I would have no way of knowing without a lot more information.

ferret wrote:Won't give up my cigarettes for anyone... BECAUSE I have fewer cataplectic seizures when I smoke and every time that I have tried to quit, I'm falling down all over the place.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 pm

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/thyroid-and-menopause.htm

I need thyroid hormones and replacement Estrogen and Progesterone...they are all hormones.

There is finally back up to what I discovered on my own in 1989. I did not smoke from 1983 until 1989. I had my first full blown cataplectic seizure in 1986 when my Dobie died after being hit by a car. At a Christmas party in '89 everyone was smoking except me. I lit up. The cotton wool evaporated from my brain and I felt normal for the first time after three years of hell on the "prescribed medications".
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3311418/

One size does not fit all.
Thank you Gringal...yes I know. I'm into quality of life...I'm here for a good time not a long time. :)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 pm

(Quote Dr.Sam)How do you know you had parasites? Did you have a lab look at a sample? Did you look at them under the microscope yourself? Or did you just self-diagnose yourself based on flatuance smell? If you are aware that they exist, why are you not more careful and avoid getting them in the first place?(end quote)

Speaking of flatulence, this is the perfect example of hot air, with an unpleasant smell. Thanks for the laugh.

Now for the rest of y'all out there not only did I have one lab test, I had 2 because I don't trust some of the labs around here. Then I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy.

Results from all tests; helicobactor pylori
citrobacter freundii
antibodies to amoebae. No cysts, no trophozoites
Giardia lamblia
Blastocystosis humanis.
E. Coli
Now, since I have a few tricks up my sleeve, I had already killed off the amoebae.
The rest of the little fargin' bastages went down fast and hard after a good cleansing dose of doxycycline.

How to avoid these parasites.
1. Do not travel
2. Never eat out
3. Don't kiss anybody
4. Don't drink the water
5. Don't double dip at cocktail parties, don't eat anything at a party. Only drink beer from a bottle.
6. Never ever eat a salad in Mexico, or anywhere else unless you personally make it yourself and know how to kill the parasites. Hint: soak all fruits and veg that are not going to be cooked in microdyn. Readily available.

Conclusion, either become a hermit, or live your life extremely carefully to avoid getting parasites or nasty bacterial infections which means you might as well be dead, or get 'em and suffer.

Since I do most of the above bad things, I know I'm going to get a parasite every now and again. Sometimes a few at a time. Thing is I'm not really scared of them, because I'm very good at killing them.

Oh yeah Dr. Sam, I do know that some of those bugs are bacteria, however same dose same meds do the job. So let's not start quibbling here eh?

E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 am

How do you know you killed all the agentes with your doxycycline? Did you do an antibiogram to know that doxycycline would even work in the first place on any of them? Did you repeat the tests to see if they were erradicated? Not all of those in your list cause problems in normal people anyway. You could be doing nothing more that contributing to doxycycline resistance.

E-raq wrote:(Quote Dr.Sam)How do you know you had parasites? Did you have a lab look at a sample? Did you look at them under the microscope yourself? Or did you just self-diagnose yourself based on flatuance smell? If you are aware that they exist, why are you not more careful and avoid getting them in the first place?(end quote)

Speaking of flatulence, this is the perfect example of hot air, with an unpleasant smell. Thanks for the laugh.

Now for the rest of y'all out there not only did I have one lab test, I had 2 because I don't trust some of the labs around here. Then I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy.

Results from all tests; helicobactor pylori
citrobacter freundii
antibodies to amoebae. No cysts, no trophozoites
Giardia lamblia
Blastocystosis humanis.
E. Coli
Now, since I have a few tricks up my sleeve, I had already killed off the amoebae.
The rest of the little fargin' bastages went down fast and hard after a good cleansing dose of doxycycline.

How to avoid these parasites.
1. Do not travel
2. Never eat out
3. Don't kiss anybody
4. Don't drink the water
5. Don't double dip at cocktail parties, don't eat anything at a party. Only drink beer from a bottle.
6. Never ever eat a salad in Mexico, or anywhere else unless you personally make it yourself and know how to kill the parasites. Hint: soak all fruits and veg that are not going to be cooked in microdyn. Readily available.

Conclusion, either become a hermit, or live your life extremely carefully to avoid getting parasites or nasty bacterial infections which means you might as well be dead, or get 'em and suffer.

Since I do most of the above bad things, I know I'm going to get a parasite every now and again. Sometimes a few at a time. Thing is I'm not really scared of them, because I'm very good at killing them.

Oh yeah Dr. Sam, I do know that some of those bugs are bacteria, however same dose same meds do the job. So let's not start quibbling here eh?

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 am

So, let me see if I have this correct.

1. You smoke for the effects of the nicotine, which is a neurological stimulant, that you could get from a patch, but prefer the cigarettes that cause vascular inflammation and lung complications.

2. You take metocarbamol for your back spasms, which is a "muscle relaxer" that acts not on the muscle, but neurologically as a central nervous system depressant...

ferret wrote:http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/thyroid-and-menopause.htm

I need thyroid hormones and replacement Estrogen and Progesterone...they are all hormones.

There is finally back up to what I discovered on my own in 1989. I did not smoke from 1983 until 1989. I had my first full blown cataplectic seizure in 1986 when my Dobie died after being hit by a car. At a Christmas party in '89 everyone was smoking except me. I lit up. The cotton wool evaporated from my brain and I felt normal for the first time after three years of hell on the "prescribed medications".

Thank you Gringal...yes I know. I'm into quality of life...I'm here for a good time not a long time. :)

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 am

One thing I do while in MX, is feel the temperature of meat even if it is refrigerated, if it is not cold I do not purchase. Also, I do not rely on microdyne. I find bleach to be more effective. For fruits and veggies, I use 10 drops bleach per liter of water and soak for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. I use straight bleach on bath and kitchen counters for disinfection. I spray and let sit about 10 minutes. I always have a hot sink of soap and bleach to wash dishes in.

After handling fruit, meat, veggies, do not touch your face and wash hands in hot soapy bleach water at least 2 min. Always carry hand sanitizer when not home and use it!
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:35 am

Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:So, let me see if I have this correct.

1. You smoke for the effects of the nicotine, which is a neurological stimulant, that you could get from a patch, but prefer the cigarettes that cause vascular inflammation and lung complications.

2. You take metocarbamol for your back spasms, which is a "muscle relaxer" that acts not on the muscle, but neurologically as a central nervous system depressant...

ferret wrote:http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/thyroid-and-menopause.htm

If you think I haven't tried a nicotine patch as a replacement, you'd be wrong. The effect is NOT the same.
ONE Robax Gold is more than ENOUGH to serve the purpose. It works 'nuff said.
As I said before, one size does not fit all. I've found what works for me. Cigarettes do NOT cause lung complications OR vascular inflammation OR cancer IN EVERYONE.
Try thinking outside the box.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:02 am

[quote="Dr. Sam Thelin"]How do you know you killed all the agentes with your doxycycline? Did you do an antibiogram to know that doxycycline would even work in the first place on any of them? Did you repeat the tests to see if they were erradicated? Not all of those in your list cause problems in normal people anyway. You could be doing nothing more that contributing to doxycycline resistance.

Get a grip here. Please.
I am asymptomatic, why should I pay for a lab test, which may not be accurate? Maybe some of the little beggars weren't causing a problem, so I don't care. I never take antibiotics unless in a really bad situation. So no I personally am not contributing to Doxycycline resistance which occurs when patients don't take the correct dosage or stop taking it before they've finished the prescription, as you very well know.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:23 am

I can see the sermon on the mountain regarding cigarettes coming right up. So, Dr. Sam, please do not suggest that we use nicotine patches ever again. They're far worse for you than the charming habit of lighting up a cigarette, not to mention a far more expensive delivery system.

Cigarettes are not a topic of conversation on this board. However if you'd like to get into it in a big way, keep this commentary up, please, I'm waiting.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:39 am

E-raq wrote:I can see the sermon on the mountain regarding cigarettes coming right up. So, Dr. Sam, please do not suggest that we use nicotine patches ever again. They're far worse for you than the charming habit of lighting up a cigarette, not to mention a far more expensive delivery system.

Cigarettes are not a topic of conversation on this board. However if you'd like to get into it in a big way, keep this commentary up, please, I'm waiting.

People who smoke make excuses for themselves. It's still a disgusting filthy habit that you're addicted to. Why do you think so many people have stopped smoking? Are most of your friends still smokers?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 am

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:I can see the sermon on the mountain regarding cigarettes coming right up. So, Dr. Sam, please do not suggest that we use nicotine patches ever again. They're far worse for you than the charming habit of lighting up a cigarette, not to mention a far more expensive delivery system.

People who smoke make excuses for themselves. It's still a disgusting filthy habit that you're addicted to. Why do you think so many people have stopped smoking? Are most of your friends still smokers?

Enough already john, none of your business.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:23 pm

They do not cause cancer in everyone. Agreed. If you die of a heart attack, stroke, etc. first.

They do affect every lung. Maybe not to the point of emphysema or cancer, but there are negative effects.

They do cause vascular inflammation is everyone that smokes. Not 99%, but a solid 100%.

ferret wrote:... Cigarettes do NOT cause lung complications OR vascular inflammation OR cancer IN EVERYONE.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 pm

So are up to 53% of the people with syphilis.

E-raq wrote:
Get a grip here. Please.
I am asymptomatic, why should I pay for a lab test, which may not be accurate? Maybe some of the little beggars weren't causing a problem, so I don't care. I never take antibiotics unless in a really bad situation. So no I personally am not contributing to Doxycycline resistance which occurs when patients don't take the correct dosage or stop taking it before they've finished the prescription, as you very well know.
[b]

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:43 pm

Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:They do not cause cancer in everyone. Agreed. If you die of a heart attack, stroke, etc. first.
They do affect every lung. Maybe not to the point of emphysema or cancer, but there are negative effects.
They do cause vascular inflammation is everyone that smokes. Not 99%, but a solid 100%.
ferret wrote:... Cigarettes do NOT cause lung complications OR vascular inflammation OR cancer IN EVERYONE.

OK Dr. Thelin, I hear ya and I know what the literature says. If I have a CRP done and post the results, will you stop raggin' me?
Haven't had a cold or a cough for 16 years though.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 am

Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:So are up to 53% of the people with syphilis.

E-raq wrote:
Get a grip here. Please.
[b]

Listen up here Dr.Sam, I am an old lady, fortunately I never got syphilis. As you well know, that is acquired by risky sexual behavior, and is one of the leading causes of antibiotic resistance. That and gonnorrhea. Why, because drug addicted hookers don't take their meds. Are we getting a bit over your head here?

Your second medical revelation will be addressed in a separate post.

Last edited by E-raq on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 am

ferret wrote:
Dr. Sam Thelin wrote:They do not cause cancer in everyone. Agreed. If you die of a heart attack, stroke, etc. first.

OK Dr. Thelin, I hear ya and I know what the literature says. If I have a CRP done and post the results, will you stop raggin' me?
Haven't had a cold or a cough for 16 years though.

Dr. Sam, Both my husband now 75 and I have been avid smokers for, in in his case, 55 years and counting, and in my case 50 years. The only time my husband ever got seriously ill was when he quit. Me, I quit 3 times, each time it lasted for 3 days. So how come both of us are in perfect health? True I had a thrombosis caused by what, a medical procedure. What did the doc recommend, quit smoking. I gave this young guy, who is admittedly a very fine vascular surgeon, an earful. Why did I do that? Because neither of us have ANY chronic diseases. The vascular surgeon did the whole nine yards on both of us with his little gizmo, whoa, great circulation. Another bullet dodged. Care to explain these shocking anomalies?
Oh yeah my great grandfather smoked 90 unfiltered cigarettes a day, died at 96 after winning a game of Gin Rummy. It was instant.

Long story short I don't believe the literature. But hey if you do that's all that counts. BTW there are countless studies which would contradict your statement here. However I'm pretty sure you don't want to see them.

Parting shot, my oxygen level after removal of a four inch long thrombosis from an artery, was 96%.

Hint: let this subject die a death, because any study you can come up with I can come up with another, and I will do this yet again in the interests of better health.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3