INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inapam cards

+18
ferret
Parker
Intercasa
Zedinmexico
Luisa
CheenaGringo
David
hockables
MexicoPete
sparks
sundown
hound dog
slainte39
CanuckBob
E-raq
viajero
joec
Mad_Max
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

inapam cards - Page 2 Empty Re: inapam cards

Post by viajero Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 am

hound dog wrote: Actually, I think that FM-3 holders or whatever they are called today, should pay an annual surcharge for using the highways here in the form of a large registration fee for all those monster cars they bring down here to wreck our highways.
That's pretty funny Dawg,I've always thought it was "your" highways that were wrecking my truck,not the other way around.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:25 am

hound dog wrote:I would agree that the INAPAM Cards should be limited to permanent residents of Mexico; those holding "Inmigrado" status as do we or, otherwise, those who have achieved citizenship. . These folks here under extended tourist visas (the old FM-3 or, to a lesser extent, FM-2) should not only be denied INAPAM Cards but access to IMSS and Seguro Popular medical services. Actually, I think that FM-3 holders or whatever they are called today, should pay an annual surcharge for using the highways here in the form of a large registration fee for all those monster cars they bring down here to wreck our highways.

Well put, and John, I agree with you too.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Residents have rights in Mexico. I believe these card qualify for that. If one thinks
these cards are wrong than one should give up the electrical subsidy, the gas
subsidy, even the Tortilla subsidy. I think it is a personal decision and I have no
problem with the cards. My wife has them and uses them for bus trips mostly. It
helps and allows her to travel more. They only save so many seats for discount so
its not like the bus is filled up with people all paying half off. Me I am too young
for the cards. We pay our Mexican taxes gladly and my wife takes her right to the
discount. Others may feel differently. We live here full time and expect to stay here
for life. I can understand Johns view.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Residents have rights in Mexico. I believe these card qualify for that. If one thinks
these cards are wrong than one should give up the electrical subsidy, the gas
subsidy, even the Tortilla subsidy. I think it is a personal decision and I have no
problem with the cards. My wife has them and uses them for bus trips mostly. It
helps and allows her to travel more. They only save so many seats for discount so
its not like the bus is filled up with people all paying half off. Me I am too young
for the cards. We pay our Mexican taxes gladly and my wife takes her right to the
discount. Others may feel differently. We live here full time and expect to stay here
for life. I can understand Johns view.
Z

Good points, Zed. We save a very significant amount of money on long distance luxury bus travel to Chiapas or Oaxaca from Lake Chapala on each trip and, while we often drive or fly, the buses are a good alternative. The one way bus fare on those buses, and it´s a LONG trip, is normally the equivalent of $90USD per person so let´s say $180USD for the two of us. With the INAPAM Card, about $90USD for the two of us and these luxury buses are excellent modes of transportation - among the most luxurious in the world. Not only that. these buses are run by private companies, not the government so the discounts are being offered by opportunistic capitalistic swine, not by governmentally subsidized public transportation companies. The same for the normally 5% drug discount offered by places such as Walmart, Soriana and Chedraui among others.

Knock off the BS. I am a native of the United States and my wife is a native of France but Mexico is the country to which we have been committed for the duration since 2001. The unmerited sanctimony expressed by some Lakesiders on this thread would be humerous if it weren´t so falsely sincere. The cutting edge of naivete.

By the way, the VivaAerobus nonstop flight to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas (about one hour by taxi from San Cristóbal de Las Casas) is a hell of a bargain, takes right at two hours and leaves daily from Guadalajara. I suggest some of you mired in the Lakeside extranjero colony take that flight to refresh your tainted visions defining what you think is Mexico. Or, perhaps you could use your INAPAM Card and take that luxury bus at a 50% discount, enjoying that free ham sandwich the bus provides along the way.,
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:20 pm

I guess everyone has different values, some people see a candy dish and a sign saying free and take one candy, others might take them all and yet some might take all the candies and the dish too!

How many ladies out there have a purse full of sugar packets from restaurants?
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Intercasa wrote:I guess everyone has different values, some people see a candy dish and a sign saying free and take one candy, others might take them all and yet some might take all the candies and the dish too!

And I thought that “ferret” would win the funniest comment this month but now she has a contender.inapam cards - Page 2 411125

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Intercasa wrote:I guess everyone has different values, some people see a candy dish and a sign saying free and take one candy, others might take them all and yet some might take all the candies and the dish too!

That´s actually an amusing aside. I am reminded of my French brother-in-law riding around national parks in Utah with us back in the 1980s when we lived in San Francisco. We came upon an unmanned apricot orchard with a table, bucket and note and scale out front and on the note was written "Pick your own apricots. The price is (so much) a pound. Just leave your payment in the box¨on the table." My Parisian brother-in-law thought that was the one of the funniest things he had ever read and blurted out; "Well this is the United States but I will tell you that, in France, they would not only steal the all the apricots but the table, the note and the scale." Later, when we crossed the California line from Nevada returning to our home in San Francisco, the fruit police were awaiting us and asked me if I had any fruit in the car. I replied that, yes, we had bought some apricots in Utah we were taking back home with us. The agent confiscated the apricots and responded that it was too bad we had not purchased the apricots in Nevada as then they would have been allowed. My French relatives, including my wife, attacked me all the way back to San Francisco for being an idiot for having responded that we had fruit in the car.

(NOTE: This was during a serious fruit fly crisis so their inquiry as to importation of fruit from other states was serious and not at all frivolous)

Tell me, Interscasa, what time did you just arrive on the turnip truck?
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:46 pm

A friend with weed is a friend indeed???

inapam cards - Page 2 169387
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Sounds like Pete's place might be a good place for a swarm.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:58 pm

viajero wrote:Sounds like Pete's place might be a good place for a swarm.

Plan on ham sammiches with 'Mercan Cheese on Wonder Bread along with Seattle's finest lager and bring a raincoat.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Post HIJACKED

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Nope! It has been sammiched!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 pm

sundown wrote:Post HIJACKED

^^^^^^ Suspect

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:40 pm

sundown wrote:Post HIJACKED

You're right we are supposed to start talking about cards. We've already covered the inapam card. So we could now talk about how far away are you from your ADSL DSLAM card? (assuming you have infinitum) I've always wondered whether my DSLAM card was down below on the main drag at the Infinitum box or back at the office. I must be pretty close though, because look at the speed I'm getting from my $599 package on the "speedtest" card shown below.

inapam cards - Page 2 2462937747

That's faster than promised
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 pm

I have found this thread very amusing.
Does anyone else see the contradiction in ethics? Two people who can afford to install solar panels to lower their rate of consumption so that they get discounts from CFE. Toooo funny. And they have INAPAM cards so they can get bus discounts...but one can afford to fly to France and the other back and forth to Seattle.
Damn, it's a funny world...and I mean peculiar not haha.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 pm

ferret wrote:I have found this thread very amusing.
Does anyone else see the contradiction in ethics? Two people who can afford to install solar panels to lower their rate of consumption so that they get discounts from CFE. Toooo funny. And they have INAPAM cards so they can get bus discounts...but one can afford to fly to France and the other back and forth to Seattle.
Damn, it's a funny world...and I mean peculiar not haha.

Ditto! Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm

[quote="ferret"]I have found this thread very amusing.
Damn, it's a funny world...and I mean peculiar not haha.[/quote]

Well, I can´t speak for Mexico Pete but to tell you the truth, we usually drive to Chiapas and forego the discounted bus ticket even though, if one takes into account the tolls and price of gas and one night in a hotel, instead of the equivalent price of about $90USD one way, it´s more like $500USD to get from Jalisco to Chiapas. As I learned in 1958 when I turned 16; it´s always better to have your own wheels. One always scores more with girls, or boys if so inclined, in one´s car than on a bus unless one has been assigned a seat in the back of the bus and then the toilet fumes are distracting.

Flying to France is not that expensive and, at least when we land, we do not get off the plane and find ourselves in Seattle. A major blessing.

I wonder if I can get a 50% discount on Aeromexico on that flight from Mexico City to Paris on the INAPAM Card. I´ll have to look into that.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 pm

You're being a naughty puppy but I'll give you points for being audacious.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:55 pm

ferret wrote:You're being a naughty puppy but I'll give you points for being audacious.

You´ve always been a good sport, ferret. I like that even though we´ve never met to the best of my knowledge.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:19 am

Pete: Do you suffer from dementia? Again Dead Horse
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 am

I kinda hijacked the thread. I started a new one in tech on portable systems if
anyone wants to go and comment. Thank you David for E2 info I asked for I
know where they are now.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by otbdiane Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:28 pm

I use my inapam card all the time for medicines, bus, etc. I see nothing wrong with getting these discounts as I am a great addition to the economy here. My understanding is that they only issue on Tuesday AM so you might want to check in advance in Chapala at DIF.

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:05 pm

otbdiane wrote:I use my inapam card all the time for medicines, bus, etc. I see nothing wrong with getting these discounts as I am a great addition to the economy here. My understanding is that they only issue on Tuesday AM so you might want to check in advance in Chapala at DIF.

Since when is getting a discount good for the Mexican economy when you're taking profits away from Mexicans who are far poorer than you?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:09 pm

I doubt that bus companies are poorer than otbdiane. The bus companies are not losing money when giving discounts , Walmart is not poor either, the discount of over 60 is just a way to get more business an so on...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:37 am

Since when is getting a discount good for the Mexican economy when you're taking profits away from Mexicans who are far poorer than you?[/quote][/i]

I find my response to this idiotic,racist and inexcusable post by John to be missing. Was it deleted by a moderator? If so, let´s discuss why and we can go from there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am

hound dog wrote:Since when is getting a discount good for the Mexican economy when you're taking profits away from Mexicans who are far poorer than you?
[/i]

hound dog quote - I find my response to this idiotic,racist and inexcusable post by John to be missing. Was it deleted by a moderator? If so, let´s discuss why and we can go from there.[/quote]

What's YOUR problem? Are you going to tell the Mods what to do? Maybe you should do everyone a favor and post elsewhere.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next