INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inapam cards

+18
ferret
Parker
Intercasa
Zedinmexico
Luisa
CheenaGringo
David
hockables
MexicoPete
sparks
sundown
hound dog
slainte39
CanuckBob
E-raq
viajero
joec
Mad_Max
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

inapam cards Empty inapam cards

Post by Mad_Max Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:21 am

anyone know if chapala is issuing them? And best time to go in, in the morning?
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

inapam cards Empty Re: inapam cards

Post by joec Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

Mad_Max wrote:anyone know if chapala is issuing them? And best time to go in, in the morning?

Dunno, but I don't believe they should issue them to foreigners.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:04 pm

I agree John.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

viajero wrote:I agree John.

Many won't agree because they want those few extra pesos discount that they don't need. We don't have a DIF or an Inapam card.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Ferchrissakes why would you go for that? That's abuse of the system here which is meant for Mexicans, not foreigners who don't need it. There may be exceptions, but not that many. If you have the money to qualify under the new rules, you do NOT need either a DIF or Inapam card, period. So since you need to have an FM2 to qualify, you're just being cheap. IMO.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm

E-raq wrote:Ferchrissakes why would you go for that? That's abuse of the system here which is meant for Mexicans, not foreigners who don't need it. There may be exceptions, but not that many. If you have the money to qualify under the new rules, you do NOT need either a DIF or Inapam card, period. So since you need to have an FM2 to qualify, you're just being cheap. IMO.

I assume you're addressing Mad Max?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm

joec wrote:
E-raq wrote:Ferchrissakes why would you go for that? That's abuse of the system here which is meant for Mexicans, not foreigners who don't need it. There may be exceptions, but not that many. If you have the money to qualify under the new rules, you do NOT need either a DIF or Inapam card, period. So since you need to have an FM2 to qualify, you're just being cheap. IMO.

I assume you're addressing Mad Max?

I am.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 pm

I didn't see Mad Max asking for opinions on the card only where he could get one. If you people want to snipe about foreigners having these cards maybe start a thread in the Octagon?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

A little strong for something that is legal. What about the subsidized price of gasoline, electricity and the many other benefits that foreigners qualify for, including seniors benefits in so many places.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:52 pm

slainte39 wrote:

A little strong for something that is legal. What about the subsidized price of gasoline, electricity and the many other benefits that foreigners qualify for, including seniors benefits in so many places.

What do you mean by seniors benefits?

As far as I know all the Gov't subsidies have been removed from gasoline and electricity. Calderone did that last year.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm

I would agree that the INAPAM Cards should be limited to permanent residents of Mexico; those holding "Inmigrado" status as do we or, otherwise, those who have achieved citizenship. . These folks here under extended tourist visas (the old FM-3 or, to a lesser extent, FM-2) should not only be denied INAPAM Cards but access to IMSS and Seguro Popular medical services. Actually, I think that FM-3 holders or whatever they are called today, should pay an annual surcharge for using the highways here in the form of a large registration fee for all those monster cars they bring down here to wreck our highways.

In the meantime, I, as a permanent resident of this country, earned over ten years of living here full time, will continue to take my INAPAM 50% luxury bus fare discounts to Chiapas and Oaxaca a few times a year and my prescription medicine discounts at the big box stores here and in Chiapas. By the way, they don´t discriminate against foreign residents in Chiapas since there are so few of them so I really enjoy my 50% old folk´s discount on property taxes and water services almost universally enjoyed by the elderly in Mexico except in the Chapala Municipality.

As for the question of where to get both DIF and INAPAM Cards, go to the DIF office in Chapala fairly early in the morning and, unless things have changed from four years ago, they´ll take care of you. At one time, they were claiming that they had run out of cards but that is part of the game. Persevere.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:00 pm

There are many "Gringos" living here for many years & are on very limited income. These same people that are complaining about "foreigners" taking discounts are probably supporting the welfare system from their home country

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm

>>>> Gov't subsidies have been removed from gasoline and electricity

Don't know about gasoline but check your electric bill one more time
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:26 pm

>>>> There are many "Gringos" living here for many years & are on very limited income

Well those gringos are soon to go Permanente or soon to go illegal. Since Permanente is equal to Inmigrado then elderly benefits don't seem out of line
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:23 pm

joec wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

What do you mean by seniors benefits?

As far as I know all the Gov't subsidies have been removed from gasoline and electricity. Calderone did that last year.

John, please use Google or Bing before posting such false information. CFE, for example, gives discounts or subsidizes ones bill by up to 85% in some of the greener neighborhoods. Sadly I understand that where you live, you do not qualify for this rather nice discount.

My neighbor and I both get a 60 to 85% discount on all of our electrical bills. My bills are often less than $200 pesos per (2 month) billing period. No it's not because I am old or young or have a special card. Unlike where you live, John many of those in our neighborhood are given rather large discounts because we are environmentalists, you know, belong to the green party.

Oh, check with SIMAPA too, John. They give discounts as well.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:34 pm

hound dog wrote:I would agree that the INAPAM Cards should be limited to permanent residents of Mexico; those holding "Inmigrado" status as do we or, otherwise, those who have achieved citizenship. . These folks here under extended tourist visas (the old FM-3 or, to a lesser extent, FM-2) should not only be denied INAPAM Cards but access to IMSS and Seguro Popular medical services. Actually, I think that FM-3 holders or whatever they are called today, should pay an annual surcharge for using the highways here in the form of a large registration fee for all those monster cars they bring down here to wreck our highways.

In the meantime, I, as a permanent resident of this country, earned over ten years of living here full time, will continue to take my INAPAM 50% luxury bus fare discounts to Chiapas and Oaxaca a few times a year and my prescription medicine discounts at the big box stores here and in Chiapas. By the way, they don´t discriminate against foreign residents in Chiapas since there are so few of them so I really enjoy my 50% old folk´s discount on property taxes and water services almost universally enjoyed by the elderly in Mexico except in the Chapala Municipality.

As for the question of where to get both DIF and INAPAM Cards, go to the DIF office in Chapala fairly early in the morning and, unless things have changed from four years ago, they´ll take care of you. At one time, they were claiming that they had run out of cards but that is part of the game. Persevere.

BAD DAWG.... someone take his Fire Hydrant away!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 pm

MexicoPete - What do you mean by Green Neighborhood? Why wouldn't our neighborhood be a Green Neighborhood?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:03 am

I'm teasing you John. You live in a nice neighborhood. What I was really trying to say is that CFE does subsidize many clients
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:38 am

The subsidy on gasoline has not been discontinued.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 am

David wrote:The subsidy on gasoline has not been discontinued.

And can you post a link for your source?

Why do you think gas prices have been rising so fast since early last year?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 am

For John:
http://www.bajainsider.com/driving-baja/gaspricesmexico.htm

John: Something for you to think about please: You often ask for or even demand links, how about showing consideration for others by including links when you make definitive statements of fact?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:16 am

CheenaGringo wrote:For John:
http://www.bajainsider.com/driving-baja/gaspricesmexico.htm

John: Something for you to think about please: You often ask for or even demand links, how about showing consideration for others by including links when you make definitive statements of fact?

Thanks. Good article.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:28 am

The price of gasoline rises the first Saturday of every month by a few centavos. I don't recall the exact amount. The strategy was put in place during the Calderon administration ostensibly to bring the price of gasoline in Mexico more in line with the "world price." Since Mexico lack sufficient refinery capacity it buys gasoline from the USA. The difference in cost between USA gasoline and that produced in Mexico is subsidized by the government.

If you have a source that says this program has ceased please post it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:34 am

Referring to Mexico Pete´s post a few posts back:

That´s rich Pete. There you are, the enviromentalist living in your mansion up the hill surrounded by other reknowned conservationists and green weinies. OK, so you´re joking I hope. For those of you finding Pete´s sense of humor puzzling, be advised the discounts come with very modest electricity usage as most of us have found out the hard way. Ironically, I´ve been paying the DAC rate at Lakeside and receive subsidies in Chiapas because we use so little electricity there - mainly because we are there only periodically. We pay, after the subsidy, less than the equivalent of about $10USD per month on average down there and have been paying about the equivalent of $150USD a month here at Lakeside on average. I´m not complaining as I think a graduated rate in accordance with usage is a fine and fair idea which should be the norm around the world.

We finally got fed up and, facing the certainty of substantial electrical rate increases to come, went to E-Sun Energy and had solar electrical panels installed last spring. That cut our bill at Lakeside to under $20USD a month on average.

We are quite pleased with E-Sun´s service and recommend them to all readers as these solar panels are a good capital investment recovered over a few years according to your electrical usage and then you are free from the inevitable CFE rate increases over the years as you become an increasingly crotchety old goober and increasingly penurious. And if you don´t live that long you will no longer give a damn so it won´t go against your scorecard. After all, if you are providing much of your electrical power from the sun rather than the community grid, you are a true conservationist and will feel so good about yourself you may burst with pride. More or less.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 am

hound dog wrote: Actually, I think that FM-3 holders or whatever they are called today, should pay an annual surcharge for using the highways here in the form of a large registration fee for all those monster cars they bring down here to wreck our highways.
That's pretty funny Dawg,I've always thought it was "your" highways that were wrecking my truck,not the other way around.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next