INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Beaver Moon

+10
MexicoPete
hockables
ferret
Parker
Jim W
CanuckBob
milehighjane
E-raq
hound dog
CheenaGringo
14 posters

Go down

Full Beaver Moon Empty Full Beaver Moon

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm

"Now it is time to set beaver traps before the swamps freeze to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. Another interpretation suggests that the name Beaver Full Moon comes from the fact that the beavers are now active in their preparation for winter. This full moon is also called the Frosty Moon. Since the moon arrives at apogee less than six hours later, this will also be the smallest full moon of 2012. In terms of apparent size, it will appear 12 percent smaller than the full moon of May 5. There is also a penumbral lunar eclipse with this full moon; observers in the western parts of the U.S. and Canada might notice the upper part of the moon appearing slightly darker as 92 percent of the moon s diameter becomes immersed in the fainter penumbral shadow of Earth."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Full Beaver Moon Empty Re: Full Beaver Moon

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"Now it is time to set beaver traps before the swamps freeze to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. Another interpretation suggests that the name Beaver Full Moon comes from the fact that the beavers are now active in their preparation for winter. This full moon is also called the Frosty Moon. Since the moon arrives at apogee less than six hours later, this will also be the smallest full moon of 2012. In terms of apparent size, it will appear 12 percent smaller than the full moon of May 5. There is also a penumbral lunar eclipse with this full moon; observers in the western parts of the U.S. and Canada might notice the upper part of the moon appearing slightly darker as 92 percent of the moon s diameter becomes immersed in the fainter penumbral shadow of Earth."

I don´t know what it is but there is this phenomenon in the late fall and early winter that drives New Mexicans akilt. Their chin whiskers and acne (men and women) grow incongruously and they develop a taste for whores of all sexes (and there are many) on Sunset BLVD. a la Hugh Grant and the next thing you know they become beaver full moons and explain inexhaustibly the presumed phenomenon to an astrological event to which almost no other person on the planet has given the least thought. I think my friend Neil needs to get out of that limiting environment and get on down here to Old Mexico where nothing is clear and all is up in the air or he could move to and reside in Dawg´s old South Alabama, the surreal land of Doo Dah, Doo Dah. Land is cheap there and full beavers highly valued.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Ohhhhhhhh puhleeeze.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by milehighjane Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 pm

what the f, all i know is tha in the usa, emergrency rooms at hospitals are overloaded on full moons. could be just coincedense (spelling)

milehighjane

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:36 pm

I think the theory is that the full moon's gravitational pull draws more fluids into the head making some people at little loco........

I know many cops and firemen will also tell tales of increased craziness during full moons.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:03 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I think the theory is that the full moon's gravitational pull draws more fluids into the head making some people at little loco........

I know many cops and firemen will also tell tales of increased craziness during full moons.

Jeebus H Keerist C.B.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Or Vodka..........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 pm

A full Beaver Plus the MOON, always excites the SCORPIO! Shit stirring
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

This is true. My mother in her early years worked in a hospital/ nursing home and during a full moon went into what they called “Lock-down” whatever that meant.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 am

Emergency rooms in Hospitals are always full to bursting at the seams...every full moon.
I was up at 5:45 this morning...the moon was spectacular...hanging just above the mountains west of Ajijic. It was very quiet and serene...then the F@#%ING firecrackers started.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 am

ferret wrote:Emergency rooms in Hospitals are always full to bursting at the seams...every full moon.
I was up at 5:45 this morning...the moon was spectacular...hanging just above the mountains west of Ajijic. It was very quiet and serene...then the F@#%ING firecrackers started.

Thatz why you couldn't give me a place in the Village!!
Although here in the sticks... I hear a dog in the distance , who started barking about 90 minutes ago....
I'd like to shove one of those Firecrackers right up his #ss
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:46 am

jaja.....things must have improved in the sticks cause last time we rented there, there was about 7 or 8 large dogs barking all night, every night.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:00 am

I've been here 15 years and had (HAD) always hated the loud fireworks. Somehow these days, they don't bother me anymore. My gardener actually lives on the West side and facing the Ajijic Plaza. Somehow he and his family have also gotten used to the loud noise and wouldn't move if given the chance.

It's sort of like in 2006 when I moved into a condo across the street from a hospital emergency entrance. At first I knew I was going to have to move away, now I don't even hear the emergency sirens.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 am

Through the years, I have read many negative comments about them but the following appeared on a Michoacan message board this morning and I thought it was a classic:

"My Mexican girlfriend absolutely HATES cohetes. She blames the Catholic Church for them. It's one of the reasons she became a Protestant!"

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Through the years, I have read many negative comments about them but the following appeared on a Michoacan message board this morning and I thought it was a classic:

"My Mexican girlfriend absolutely HATES cohetes. She blames the Catholic Church for them. It's one of the reasons she became a Protestant!"

I hate them too and am seriously considering making the giant leap from agnostic to ATHEIST!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:18 am

Contrary to full moon theories being expressed, Th Canadians have concluded:
"Last night's full moon made nobody nuts, study confirms":

"When there's a full moon (like the one last night), there's a tendency to blame some people's strange behavior on it. But a new Canadian study dismisses this popular belief and suggests that more people with psychological problems do not show up at hospital emergency rooms during a full moon.

Researchers found little evidence that the moon's lunar cycles were linked to an increased incidence of mental health concerns.

In other words, the moon's behavior seems to have no effect on human behavior on planet Earth. Sure, the word "lunatic" derives from the Latin word "luna" for "moon," but science has found little connection between the moon and madness.

Even so, that won't stop some of us from thinking that lunar cycles can influence psychological symptoms. By one estimate, 80 percent of nurses and 64 percent of doctors who work in the emergency department believe it affects patients' mental health............

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/27/15493701-last-nights-full-moon-made-nobody-nuts-study-confirms?lite

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 am

....there are those who flee to the beaches this month. Reports say it's hot and humid. Choices for which hell are always nice. There's something to be said for going deaf.
Full Beaver Moon 850219

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:31 pm

One might consider the fact that you see your surroundings in a different light which for all purposes can be exhilarating and enjoyable. I remember as a child there was nothing more fun than sneaking out of the house, meeting up with friends and going skinny-dipping. Just something to think about, we may be old but we’re not dead. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Parker wrote:One might consider the fact that you see your surroundings in a different light which for all purposes can be exhilarating and enjoyable. I remember as a child there was nothing more fun than sneaking out of the house, meeting up with friends and going skinny-dipping. Just something to think about, we may be old but we’re not dead. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

DEAR LAWD; if there is one, please give us all strength in this moment of adversity. Please blind our eyes so that we may not see. Be merciful, or I bloody well will turn ATHEIST!!!!!

I believe that it is against the law in Mexico to frighten small children. The penalty may be several lashes. Ooohhh sounds good does it Parker? Do extricate yourself from the trough. Thank you so much for my one really good laugh this afternoon.

Last edited by E-raq on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : penalties and laws added for emphasis)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 pm

...just reminiscing, but I used to love those "Full Moon Beavers"!

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:...just reminiscing, but I used to love those "Full Moon Beavers"!

uj

Very naughty Uncle Jack. You boys are bad. ;-)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by penylofr Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 pm

My my! This sounds like it belongs in the Octagon

penylofr

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Not quite yet penylofr but it is drifting in that direction. Rolling Eyes
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by penylofr Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Only kidding! Lots of jajajas!!!

penylofr

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:38 pm

penylofr wrote:Only kidding! Lots of jajajas!!!

I was hoping you'd come back.....Octagon ...NADA....Nice when subtle humor is injected! Beer Specially when ya gotta think about it....
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down