INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá

+6
E-raq
Traveller
zenwoodle
slainte39
Intercasa
Milena
10 posters

Go down

Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá Empty Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá

Post by Milena Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Okay, don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. I was up talking with Anita at Anitas Animals by Raquet Club on Thursday evening, she was talking with her workers who were just about to leave for home in San Juan, and they told her they were just informed there was a killing in town. I caught bits of the conversation so it is not just 'heresay'.

Apparently, armed gunmen entered a house on the lakeside of the carretera in town, dragged 4 young guys out into the street, found the one they wanted and killed him on the spot. The other 3 were let go. This happened very close to home for one of Anitas workers, on the same block, so he was a bit freaked out. The family probably never reported it (who in the police can be trusted) for fear of reprisal but there were several witnesses in the street.

Has anyone in SJC heard anything?

Don't think it all ended with the election of the new presidente.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá Empty Re: Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá

Post by Intercasa Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Usually the new regime asks the old one and their buddies to leave quietly and if they don't.. well....
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá Empty Re: Report of killing in San Juan Cosalá

Post by slainte39 Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:36 pm

My family that lives in SJC says that 2 or 3 were forcibly taken, and one was found dead on the South shore. This happened about a week ago.
A least one of the people was thought by many to be involved in the drug business but was not that young...probably 40 to 50 years of age.
The family probably delayed reporting at first due to the nature of his "business" and the possible return for ransom but now because of the homocide the state forensic team has taken charge of the case.
This is all hearsay and second hand info, so take it for what it's worth.
I wasn't going to post this but since it's now on the board...this is what I know.

BTW milena...when you repeat something that someone else says...that's hearsay

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:52 pm

slainte39 wrote:My family that lives in SJC says that 2 or 3 were forcibly taken, and one was found dead on the South shore. This happened about a week ago.
A least one of the people was thought by many to be involved in the drug business but was not that young...probably 40 to 50 years of age.
The family probably delayed reporting at first due to the nature of his "business" and the possible return for ransom but now because of the homocide the state forensic team has taken charge of the case.
I wasn't going to post this but since it's now on the board...this is what I know.

homocide? Is that a gay bashing thing... or maybe just a typo Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 am

slainte39 wrote:

Or news, if the person who repeats it is a journalist....

The story of the kidnapping and subsequent murder of one young man is in the local media. His body was found on the other side of the lake. He was 22.

http://www.oem.com.mx/eloccidental/notas/n2750510.htm

There have been other kidnappings on this side of the lake this month.

http://148.243.168.44/nota/policias-secuestradores-en-jocotepec

Both these links are on lakechapalacrime.com

The story that Milenia tells is different in key details from the story that Slainte39 refers to (see first link) so I'd lay bets that these are two separate incidents.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

zenwoodle wrote:
slainte39 wrote:My family that lives in SJC says that 2 or 3 were forcibly taken, and one was found dead on the South shore. This happened about a week ago.

homocide? Is that a gay bashing thing... or maybe just a typo Beer

More like a stupid typo. I don't bash gays...they bash back. Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 am

I have heard the same story about the young man from several sources, all of whom I would consider reliable.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 pm

3 young men were kidnapped , last week,2 were released and one decapitaded.His body was found last Sunday. He was 20 years old ,a relative of my maid sister-in- law.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 pm

as bad as this is, it is mexican issues. these people were involved w/drugs. this is very different than the kidnaps/killings last spring. (which was not typical for ajijic, more commen in juarez). unfortunatly these local drug related killings (the recent reports) have been going on for decades, except it was before internet. most people did not know about this unless your maid ot taxi driver told you. i believe it may have incresed w/ more people selling drugs. there is & always was violence w/in that world.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:24 pm

bennie#2 wrote:as bad as this is, it is mexican issues. these people were involved w/drugs. this is very different than the kidnaps/killings last spring. (which was not typical for ajijic, more commen in juarez). unfortunatly these local drug related killings (the recent reports) have been going on for decades, except it was before internet. most people did not know about this unless your maid ot taxi driver told you. i believe it may have incresed w/ more people selling drugs. there is & always was violence w/in that world.
deleted by poster.

Last edited by viajero on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:32 pm

bennie#2 wrote:as bad as this is, it is mexican issues. these people were involved w/drugs. this is very different than the kidnaps/killings last spring. (which was not typical for ajijic, more commen in juarez). unfortunatly these local drug related killings (the recent reports) have been going on for decades, except it was before internet. most people did not know about this unless your maid ot taxi driver told you. i believe it may have incresed w/ more people selling drugs. there is & always was violence w/in that world.

Of course, it's a Mexican issue, after all, where are we?
One of the missing people, I knew personally, and he was known, at least by sight, by a lot of foreign residents, as he had worked in a business that served principally the foreign community.

Too much compartmentlizing for a bunch of fish all swimming in the same sea.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:50 am

i choose not to relate to that world of violence. if you want to make this part of your life, thats fine. my taxi drivers cousin was murdered a few years ago. i feel bad, but its not my social circle.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Welcome back susan-

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:56 pm

why is everyone so facinated by this subject? who killed who why where the maids cousins sisters neighbors godsons gardeners boyfriend. did i get it right? we dont want gossip on this board.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:14 pm

well the net net is a man in his 20´s was decapitated and it was in the papers they were selling Monday morning, I do not believe that is gossip.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 pm

"we dont want gossip on this board." bennie#2

One man´s gossip is another man´s news.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by bennie#2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

how true that is. if everything was reported (of this nature), you would have enough to last you into the next life. you just get a sketchy filler once in a while.

bennie#2
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down