INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

El Chante vs San Juan Cosala

4 posters

Go down

El Chante vs San Juan Cosala Empty El Chante vs San Juan Cosala

Post by BigKH Wed May 11, 2022 1:49 pm

Gathering opinions/facts on liveability and property value/appreciation in El Chante vs San Juan Cosala.  Specifically, El Chante LAKESIDE near El Chante Spa & Hotel and San Juan Cosala MOUNTAINSIDE off Vicente Guerro Norte (straight North from Viva Mexico Restaurant)  Thx!
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

El Chante vs San Juan Cosala Empty Re: El Chante vs San Juan Cosala

Post by cypress Wed May 11, 2022 2:24 pm

BigKH wrote:Gathering opinions/facts on liveability and property value/appreciation in El Chante vs San Juan Cosala.  Specifically, El Chante LAKESIDE near El Chante Spa & Hotel and San Juan Cosala MOUNTAINSIDE off Vicente Guerro Norte (straight North from Viva Mexico Restaurant)  Thx!
Not much different

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 11, 2022 2:43 pm

San Juan Cosala is a small town with several amenities (restaurants, stores, etc). El Chante is a gated community way further west of San Juan Cosala with no amenities nearby. Both are still pretty inexpensive however I would bet SJC will appreciate more and faster than El Chante. I have a friend who owns a place in El Chante. He bought it for about $100K ten years ago and today it is worth about $140K (up 40%). Prices in Ajijic/SAT/Chapala have doubled in that same time period (Up $100%).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret, dichosalocura and kiko like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKH Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 pm

Thx Bob!
Big diff in RE appreciation rate, and yet they're just "down the street"
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed May 11, 2022 10:01 pm

I also heard from others that water and sewage is a problem issue in the El Chante area. Anyone know any more on that?

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

El Chante vs San Juan Cosala Empty SJC versus El Chante

Post by cypress Thu May 12, 2022 5:39 am

CanuckBob wrote:San Juan Cosala is a small town with several amenities (restaurants, stores, etc). El Chante is a gated community way further west of San Juan Cosala with no amenities nearby. Both are still pretty inexpensive however I would bet SJC will appreciate more and faster than El Chante. I have a friend who owns a place in El Chante. He bought it for about $100K ten years ago and today it is worth about $140K (up 40%). Prices in Ajijic/SAT/Chapala have doubled in that same time period (Up $100%).

El Chante is a small town with two gated communities. SJC has a large gated community. Property prices are lower in El Chante.  El Chante is closer to Jocotepec which is the largest town in the area, with many amenities. El Chante's claim to fame is it's large community hospital. It even has a helipad on the roof for quick access to Guadalajara. El Chante has fewer corner stores and restaurants than SJC. El Chante is like SJC was a few years ago.
At present SJC is growing faster. Both towns have sewage and water problems. The sewage plant in SJC smells bad whereas the one in EChante doesn't. SJC is more touristy. Both towns are pretty rustic with one main church. I have lived near both. Property prices are increasing at a similar rate in both communities.

Last edited by cypress on Thu May 12, 2022 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKH Thu May 12, 2022 11:46 am

Thanks for your observations/insights, CYPRESS!

Didn't realize that high-fenced campus on the Carretera is a hospital...GTK

It seems water/waste odor seems prevalent thru the North Shore.  I remember staying at a vacation rental in Riberas del Pilar and had the same issue.  Where is the Sewage Plant in El Chante?

Guess SJC is in the development-growth phase as Ajijic was couple years ago. GO WEST, young man!  Very Happy
BigKH
BigKH

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Thu May 12, 2022 5:28 pm

BigKH wrote:Thanks for your observations/insights, CYPRESS!

Didn't realize that high-fenced campus on the Carretera is a hospital...GTK

It seems water/waste odour seems prevalent throughout the North Shore.  I remember staying at a vacation rental in Riberas del Pilar and had the same issue.  Where is the Sewage Plant in El Chante?

Guess SJC is in the development-growth phase as Ajijic was couple years ago. GO WEST, young man! The sewage plant in El Chante is at the east end of town south of the Carretera Very Happy
And next door to the El Chante hospital on the east side is a large materials supply place. The El Chante sewage plant is just east of the town south of the carretera.

Last edited by cypress on Thu May 12, 2022 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : more information I posted the info in my reply but it did not appear. spelling error)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 13, 2022 7:16 am

If I were coming here now I would probably buy in Chapala or SAT. They both have lots of amenities with municipal water and sewage services. Prices are still fairly reasonable and they will be the next to take off. Ajijic is full.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri May 13, 2022 2:00 pm

CanuckBob wrote:San Juan Cosala is a small town with several amenities (restaurants, stores, etc). El Chante is a gated community way further west of San Juan Cosala with no amenities nearby. Both are still pretty inexpensive however I would bet SJC will appreciate more and faster than El Chante. I have a friend who owns a place in El Chante. He bought it for about $100K ten years ago and today it is worth about $140K (up 40%). Prices in Ajijic/SAT/Chapala have doubled in that same time period (Up $100%).
El Chante is not gated but Senderos del lago is. El Chante is a small town. I have walked through it many times.The plaza was opened by the previous Mexican president.
Las Fuentes is an interesting gated community just west of El Chante. A strong electrical system and it is on a sewer line.

Last edited by cypress on Fri May 13, 2022 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more information)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down