INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Steak

+12
CheenaGringo
gringal
Zedinmexico
Hensley
twelveoaks
E-raq
slainte39
johninajijic
CanuckBob
David
ferret
SunsetKid
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Worst Steak - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Steak

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Dawg: that would be maroons!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:09 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Dawg: that would be maroons![/quote]

Thank you, Wabbit.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Just want you to stay on track with something that was established many years ago on these Mexican forums!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:35 am

hound dog wrote:Anyone who would even order a beefsteak in Mexico is so unenlightened as to not having been deserving of an opinion. This forum is a minefield of self disception snottily constructed upon unpleasant air. What a bunch of morons.

Dawg, dawg, dawg, where have you been? Things have changed here in Mexico. You can go whole hog and pay the price for rib roast or a massive filet at Costco, or try some of the Sonora beef newly available at Wally World. It's really not all that bad, and with a bit of marination it's pretty good. Now, of course in Chiapas your choices are quite a bit more limited, but here?

Now shall we move along smartly to Burger King, and your unfortunate penchant for said burgers. Hmmmm, what can we say. Can a fast food junky truly offer an opinion on real food? Real food which I might add you are more than familiar with, in fact you have been spoiled quite beyond redemption in that department. Your passion for Burger King can only be described as an inexplicable quirk worthy of perhaps a Stephen King novel. Possibly it is that chummy social atmosphere in Burger King which lures you to their doors.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:42 am

Now in this debate between cheeseburgers and artichokes E-Raq, you are arguing the elitist side vs. Dawg. the popular side...cheeseburger.
You might be on the high road but your gonna loose the popular vote.
I asked my granddaughters if they would prefer BK cheeseburgers for eating out or some artichokes.
They gave me that "crazy old man look" and said.... WHAT???? Shocked

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 am

slainte39 wrote:Now in this debate between cheeseburgers and artichokes E-Raq, you are arguing the elitist side vs. Dawg. the popular side...cheeseburger.
You might be on the high road but your gonna loose the popular vote.
I asked my granddaughters if they would prefer BK cheeseburgers for eating out or some artichokes.
They gave me that "crazy old man look" and said.... WHAT???? Shocked

Well in this case, it is simply steak vs burger. Artichokes are a whole other topic, on another thread. Elitist, not really, popular not so much. In prior discussions the Dawg has expressed an opinion on artichokes in the highlands of Chiapas which are very popular with the locals. He claims they are far superior to the big California ones.

Granddaughters, quien sabe? One day they won't eat anything but pasta, next day they're on to sophistifoods.
Our youngest, now 13 wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for a fast food burger, however is wild about tacos. Eats them twice a week in Canada, and more when she stays here, if possible. Will not touch pork after watching some documentaries, but loves steak.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:48 pm

E.Raq:

While I may have failed to mention this, the reason I extoll the virtues of Burger King´s Cheese Whoppers from Jalisco to Chiapas is because one cannot find the world´s premier great burger, the Krystal Slider (AKA the inferior midwestern ripoff White Castle sliders which those cursed to have to live in places like Toledo because they have jobs there, must accept as a substitute for this fine Southern gem which was at one time the height of Southern Cheeseburger Art). Dawg cannot count the times he drove around Downtown Birmingham late at night after Bama had just stomped another group of Southern white boys (this was a different time and Alabama black guys were all playing for Ohio State) and Dawg was staying typically in a Birmingham hotel with a bunch of other frat brothers and their dates and desperately needing about 100 Krystal Sliders to accompany that Early Times Bourbon and Coke and, hopefully a role in the hay at the Tutwiler Hotel during a time when one had to have at least pretended to be married to the sorority babe he was inviting for sex on the 15th floor or you and the slut would be summarily dismissed as trash . Krystal Sliders and Dawg Sliders enjoyed simultaneously by members of the opposite sex or the same sex if that was preferred and, doubtless, with its own rewards, both overcooked and overworked and unbelievably greasy and cheesy. A great combination.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Another classic Dawg, mammaries huh? Oooop's I meant memories. A mere slip of the finger. I have to admit to a certain fondness for greasy cheesy things as well. Even the dreaded Burger King, which does not in any way diminish my fondness for Harvey's burgers in Canada, which happened to be one of our hangouts back in the day.

I also, as you know love poutine which is as greasy and cheesy as anything can get. No nutritional value whatsoever.
Beer
Time for a nap, obviously.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Ya want greasy and cheesy? The ladies in the front right corner at the Tuesday market sell a potato "quiche" which is fine as it is, but try throwing some greasy pastrami on top, then some cheese over that, heat the sucker up and it's got "it".
Most of Big Daddy's products will do the job, too.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 pm

In prior discussions the Dawg has expressed an opinion on artichokes in the highlands of Chiapas which are very popular with the locals. He claims they are far superior to the big California ones.

Not to my recollection although I must admit I recall only limited events from the past.

The artichokes in Chiapas, grown in the highlands, are small, purple fruit only consumed by locals for medicinal purposes. They are used for making medicinal teas primarily and not succulent to dine upon generally speaking. They also have an abundance of ginger root but only use that medicinally as well. They do have great posh and collards.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 am

Peach posh, nectar from the gods!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

I thought the topic was "Worst Steak", not Artichokes.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:39 am

Let us move on to the worst hamburger!!!!! Pool boy decided to do hamburgers on his new toy, the honkin' big barbeque. A bit tricky in the beginning apparently, however the real problem was the angus beef hamburger which HE picked up at Wally World. Way too dry. Back to Tony's and a custom grind including quite a bit more fat.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:43 am

E-raq wrote:Let us move on to the worst hamburger!!!!! Pool boy decided to do hamburgers on his new toy, the honkin' big barbeque. A bit tricky in the beginning apparently, however the real problem was the angus beef hamburger which HE picked up at Wally World. Way too dry. Back to Tony's and a custom grind including quite a bit more fat.

Try the Sirloin at Wally world. We will buy NOTHING else after trying many. We pan fry them, don't have a BBQ and juice runs out in the dish every time, even after waiting to cut into them. Wally world's Sirloin is the best. We used to buy Tony's, but not any more. NO FLAVOR!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 am

johninajijic wrote:
E-raq wrote:Let us move on to the worst hamburger!!!!! Pool boy decided to do hamburgers on his new toy, the honkin' big barbeque. A bit tricky in the beginning apparently, however the real problem was the angus beef hamburger which HE picked up at Wally World. Way too dry. Back to Tony's and a custom grind including quite a bit more fat.

Try the Sirloin at Wally world. We will buy NOTHING else after trying many. We pan fry them, don't have a BBQ and juice runs out in the dish every time, even after waiting to cut into them. Wally world's Sirloin is the best. We used to buy Tony's, but not any more. NO FLAVOR!

We have tried the sirloin, same result although perhaps better than that angus beef. Tony on the other hand can add more fat to order. Hint: all the flavor is in the fat. No avoiding that.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Hensley wrote:I freeze all meat I buy so it kills all the bugs so we don't get sick.

As Zedinmexico said, freezing does not kill "all the bugs" but it does stop them from multiplying during the time they're frozen. Thaw them out, and they start growing again. Both E. Coli and Salmonella, two of the most common causes of food-borne illness, are well able to survive freezing.

Refrigeration at below 40 degrees F (4 C) slows the growth of most pathogens. Some types can multiply at refrigerature temperatures.

Cooking thoroughly will kill most, but not all, pathogens.

Some pathogens produce toxins which are not destroyed by either cooking or freezing, and which can make you sick even though the "bugs" are already dead.

You can't always tell by taste, smell or appearance if your food is "safe" or not.

May I recommend the FDA's free pdf at http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FoodborneIllness/FoodborneIllnessFoodbornePathogensNaturalToxins/BadBugBook/default.htm

¡Buen provecho!
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:49 pm

" Try the Sirloin at Wally world. We will buy NOTHING else after trying many. We pan fry them, don't have a BBQ and juice runs out in the dish every time, even after waiting to cut into them. Wally world's Sirloin is the best. We used to buy Tony's, but not any more. NO FLAVOR!"

"...to cut into them (?)...."

You cut into a hambuger? Does this mean you eat a hamburger with a knife and fork? Do you wear a bib with extended pinkie and a pork pie hat during this process?

I have hesitated to join in the discourse on the worst ever steak I have ever ordered as my contribution might stretch credulity but here goes. The worst steak I ever ordered, probably after having consumed too much rotgut Hooghly Hooch beforehand, was served me in a restaurant in Calcutta in 1969. Yes; Calcutta, now Kolkata. Can one order a beefsteak in Calcutta? Well, in 1969 one could but I would not advise one having had done that. As Cheenagringo would probably observe, this was likely a worn out old ox having just pulled his last plow. If memory serves me, it was so tough, I used it to make sandals and, shortly thereafter, hitchhiked to Chennai without incident.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Must have been the brother ox to a steak I ordered a number of years back in Dolores Hidalgo? The absolute toughest rib eye I have ever tried to consume in my life!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Traveller wrote:
Hensley wrote:I freeze all meat I buy so it kills all the bugs so we don't get sick.

As Zedinmexico said, freezing does not kill "all the bugs" but it does stop them from multiplying during the time they're frozen. Thaw them out, and they start growing again. Both E. Coli and Salmonella, two of the most common causes of food-borne illness, are well able to survive freezing.

Refrigeration at below 40 degrees F (4 C) slows the growth of most pathogens. Some types can multiply at refrigerature temperatures.

Cooking thoroughly will kill most, but not all, pathogens.

Some pathogens produce toxins which are not destroyed by either cooking or freezing, and which can make you sick even though the "bugs" are already dead.

You can't always tell by taste, smell or appearance if your food is "safe" or not.

May I recommend the FDA's free pdf at http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodSafety/FoodborneIllness/FoodborneIllnessFoodbornePathogensNaturalToxins/BadBugBook/default.htm

¡Buen provecho!

Correcto! I might add that one particular pathogen, listeria, can even survive pasteurization on the other end of the scale.
BTW this might be better in the salmonella thread.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Disorganization and hiding subjects in the wrong threads, is the order of the day around here.
Everyday is like a treasure hunt....What fun!!!! dysfunction knows no bounds.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I put Traveller's post in the Salmonella thread...
But the whole Salmonella thread needs to be put in Medical...and I can't do that. Cbob? RoofBob?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 am

To get back on track, since the topic is Worst Steak. The "Worst Steak" I have ever tried to eat was a NY Sirloin from Tony's. Never again.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 pm

[quote="johninajijic"]To get back on track, since the topic is Worst Steak. The "Worst Steak" I have ever tried to eat was a NY Sirloin from Tony's. Never again.[/quote]

It could be surmised, John, my friend, that an even decent beefsteak has never passed your lips at any time in your life as you vegetated into adulthood there in the frozen Massachusettes tundra . In fact, the fact that you admit openly to prefer hamburger ´patties fried in a pan on the stovetop over patties flame-broiled over charcoal and wood chips is proof positive that a decent hamburger has never passed your lips. In Alabama, our burgers were better even while still on the hoof than yours once they had been slaughtered, bled, decapitated, gutted, de-pooped (hopefully) and shrunk-wrapped for presentation at A&P.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2