INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force

+3
rosie&sam
johninajijic
Flamingo
7 posters

Go down

Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force Empty Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force

Post by Flamingo Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 am

I just talked to two friends who have been intimidated into paying large morditas (500 peso range) in the last week. Both times the officers have been transitos, refused to write a ticket, and in one case they told the woman if she reported the shakedown, they would "come after her" because they knew where she lived.

Suggestions: Have a printed copy of Spencer's Jalisco Driving Laws in the car. Ask them politely to show you where it says they can impound your car or refuse to write a ticket. Write down their badge numbers and/or take their pictures. Be respectful but firm.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force Empty Re: Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Flamingo wrote:I just talked to two friends who have been intimidated into paying large morditas (500 peso range) in the last week. Both times the officers have been transitos, refused to write a ticket, and in one case they told the woman if she reported the shakedown, they would "come after her" because they knew where she lived.

Suggestions: Have a printed copy of Spencer's Jalisco Driving Laws in the car. Ask them politely to show you where it says they can impound your car or refuse to write a ticket. Write down their badge numbers and/or take their pictures. Be respectful but firm.

WOW!!! They're starting early, but to threaten someone is something else.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force Empty Re: Holiday season approaches and bad cops are out in force

Post by rosie&sam Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm

why not bargain, like 300 pesos? easier than paying a ticket. then you can have a life. everyones happy, its called politics.

rosie&sam
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:55 pm

rosie&sam wrote:why not bargain, like 300 pesos? easier than paying a ticket. then you can have a life. everyones happy, its called politics.

Ridiculous.......Paying Mordida will only make things worse @ Lakeside. Tickets can be paid @ OXXO, and there is a 50% discount for paying within 7 days. Politics? LMAO
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Jim W wrote:
rosie&sam wrote:why not bargain, like 300 pesos? easier than paying a ticket. then you can have a life. everyones happy, its called politics.

Ridiculous.......Paying Mordida will only make things worse @ Lakeside. Tickets can be paid @ OXXO, and there is a 50% discount for paying within 7 days. Politics? LMAO

NEVER EVER PAY MORDIDA. You are just as corript as they are and you are breaking the Law. Easier to take the ticket and pay it within 7 days. It will always be less than Mordida.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:30 pm

All the predators will be out again in force. Bad cops, thieves, all of 'em. Thanks to the hefty influx of fresh-off-the-boats.

True, what vetteforron says, this stuff doesn't happen in Joco. OTHER things happen in Joco tho. . .

Feeling the squeeze a little myself, for the first time in 8 years I was charged a fee for using my ATM card. Watch the local prices around town and see if you think they go up during snowbird season, or not. I noticed it last year and am really watching for it this year. This year I will say something if I see it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Well, hate to break it to you guys, but cops pretty much everywhere have a quota. Now that doesn't include threatening or taking bribes, however the holiday season is treacherous for tickets, everywhere.

If you pay the same day, easy as pie, it's only 33% of the full fine. Mind you I think you have to go to the ticket and licensing place in Chapala, or the vehicle registration spot in Jocotepec.

I drove slowly with the mexican plated car today and didn't see even one.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Keep in mind that as Gringos you have a local resource named "behnwau" on TOB who is claiming to be able to offer relief assuming one has full details of any incident.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Neil....TFF
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down