INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee

4 posters

Go down

The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee Empty The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee

Post by gringal Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:48 am

One of the local private clubs is having a big discussion (with, of course, no solid information and no agreement) on whether a woman who wants to start a group mutual support session and charge 50 pesos per person per session or 500 pesos for the whole series needs to get a business license "to reimburse herself for her own costs" of putting the session together. What, if anything, does she need to do?

In my personal opinion, it sounds like teaching or therapy and my guess is that if it's charged for, it's subject to getting a license and such. Am I wrong ????

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee Empty Re: The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee

Post by Intercasa Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 am

There are a few issues I see here,

Municipal business license
Immigration permission if it is a foreigner
Tax registration and payments
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee Empty Re: The law on person's starting group "meetings" charging a fee

Post by gringal Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks very much, Spencer. I'm suggesting the person get some legal advice before proceeding.
Things can get sticky.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Why not just put a donation basket by the door that people can drop some money into.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Why not just put a donation basket by the door that people can drop some money into.
In the us, that would be subject to tax (as would gifts) - doesn't make sense that it would be different in Mexico. I would think the only way around it would be for people to bring their own supplies for their personal use if supplies were needed.

Likewise, if she wanted to charge anything, in the US, that would be considered income and she would need what spencer pointed out...... business license, tax registration and payments................ doesn't matter that the income would be offset by expenses - the requirement to file a return would exist if this happened in the US - and doubt that it is different here.

Income is income.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down