INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside

+8
CheenaGringo
kipissippi
Carry Bean
viajero
northernguy
CanuckBob
gringal
otrocanuck
12 posters

Go down

A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside Empty A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside

Post by otrocanuck Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm

My wife is visiting family in Vancouver this week and told me she went out for lunch with my mom the other day. They went to a local restaurant and shared a clubhouse sandwich, my mom is in her 90's and can not eat much these days. The cost of it was $18 DOLLARS just for the sandwich. Makes you wonder where it will stop.
Eating at the plaza here is looking better all the time.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside Empty Re: A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside

Post by gringal Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:16 pm

otrocanuck wrote:My wife is visiting family in Vancouver this week and told me she went out for lunch with my mom the other day. They went to a local restaurant and shared a clubhouse sandwich, my mom is in her 90's and can not eat much these days. The cost of it was $18 DOLLARS just for the sandwich. Makes you wonder where it will stop.
Eating at the plaza here is looking better all the time.

Amigo.........eating anywhere around here is a better deal! Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside Empty Re: A reminder of how good life is at Lakeside

Post by otrocanuck Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 pm

gringal - that's a given - but a reminder every once in a while is nice and a dose of reality

Thought many of the readers would like to convey similar stories and some comparisons so we all can gloat about our smart move to lakeside.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Jajaja.......how about a $23 Cobb Salad and an $8 beer at the LA Airport.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by otrocanuck Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:57 pm

CanuckBob - I think I have been to the same place in LAX - decided to go for the $6 coke and chocolate bar instead.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by northernguy Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:10 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Jajaja.......how about a $23 Cobb Salad and an $8 beer at the LA Airport.

Airport food is a giant ripoff like the airlines making you pay for food. "Food for Purchase", no thanks, I'll starve first.

northernguy

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:24 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Jajaja.......how about a $23 Cobb Salad and an $8 beer at the LA Airport.
Try to find a drinking fountain at LAX.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Check the prices in the Caribbean if you want to lose your appetite. And Super Lake is Bargain City compared to groceries there.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 am

I guess our part of the country is in the minority. The Chinese buffet is under 7 bucks a person... and it's good. A decent steak at our local joint is under10. Of course the property inflation didn't happen much here. If it weren't in the bible belt..........
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 am

I guess I have never understood the: low price equals satisfaction concept. Is it an ego boost to be able to say: "look at what we are living on versus what the smucks NOB are paying"? Please don't get me wrong because we all like a deal now and then but why this fixation?

Some three weeks back, we chose to go to Roberto's on a Friday night for our first visit. Being uninformed, we had no idea it was 2/1 night. That fact didn't affect what we ordered and we didn't use a different set of values to determine our satisfaction with either the food or the service. Fact is that they performed in a manner that assures that we will be customers in the future and I doubt that 2/1 nights will have any bearing on when we choose to go.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 am

You're kidding right? The "fixation" just might mean the difference between being able to "go out".. and not being able to afford to. Show a LITTLE sensitivity Neil.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by northernguy Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:27 am

Some people here are just fixated on how cheap they can get something here and not on quality. Lots of them here.

northernguy

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 am

I doubt if it's just there.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 am

In season bananas, mangos, papayas and avocados are free and depending on who ya know just about every other fruit is too. And that's nice but the real kicker is the weather and that you can't buy. Of course I could go on about vet bills and the low cost dentistry/medical, fiestas etc. but will spare anyone not living here the agony.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am

Go ahead and torture me Bob! Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 am

I have acquaintances whose budget in the states on SS was so tight it squeaked.

In reference to Neil's post (tsk, tsk) they couldn't afford to go out AT ALL.
After moving to Mexico, they can go to nice restaurants any old time, twofers or not, and enjoy the simple pleasure of being served a good meal without busting their budget. They can also afford to go to the dentist on a regular basis, as well as to the theater when the spirit moves them. They smile a lot.

Yes, the weather is priceless, but don't knock the "good life" either. There's a big difference between being "cheap" and being "very limited in spending".
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 am

Another good post, Gringal.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 am

gringal wrote:I have acquaintances whose budget in the states on SS was so tight it squeaked.

In reference to Neil's post (tsk, tsk) they couldn't afford to go out AT ALL.
After moving to Mexico, they can go to nice restaurants any old time, twofers or not, and enjoy the simple pleasure of being served a good meal without busting their budget. They can also afford to go to the dentist on a regular basis, as well as to the theater when the spirit moves them. They smile a lot.

Yes, the weather is priceless, but don't knock the "good life" either. There's a big difference between being "cheap" and being "very limited in spending". flag waver

The maid gringal, you didn't mention the maid! Rolling Eyes
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by northernguy Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:44 am

kipissippi wrote:Go ahead and torture me Bob! Very Happy

You gotta move here, if only part time.

northernguy

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 am

I'll just have to make do with visits.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am

So, I'm talking with a friend we've known for 30 years. I was telling her about moving to Lake Chapala in 4 years when my DH retires. "So, basically, you're moving to Paradise." was her response!! What can I say? It's true! (Not Perfection, just Paradise!)
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:40 am

Yep, it's the worst kept secret making the rounds.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Where else could you get a GOOD plumber to come to your house for 200 pesos and fix the problem?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 pm

We had a problem with the Aljibe pump today.......Called Homeservices(Handymail) @ 3, he arrived at 5, approx., 1 hour to fix problem, 160 pesos. Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down