INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ajijic Tango

+8
slainte39
ajijicbob
Carry Bean
David
ComputerGuy
johninajijic
E-raq
CheenaGringo
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ajijic Tango Empty Ajijic Tango

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Going back to pre-2000, the Ajijic Grill and then Ajijic Tango has been a regular dinner stop for us on each of our visits. After this last visit, they are scratched off the list. Not because of poor service or a poorly prepared entree but rather because this establishment has become very boring with a menu with nothing new on it and just the "same old"! Since we generally only allocate a couple of nights to the Lake area, neither of us can see wasting an experience on this establishment any longer.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ajijic Tango Empty Re: Ajijic Tango

Post by E-raq Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:08 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Going back to pre-2000, the Ajijic Grill and then Ajijic Tango has been a regular dinner stop for us on each of our visits. After this last visit, they are scratched off the list. Not because of poor service or a poorly prepared entree but rather because this establishment has become very boring with a menu with nothing new on it and just the "same old"! Since we generally only allocate a couple of nights to the Lake area, neither of us can see wasting an experience on this establishment any longer.

Agree, and parking is just miserable. Haven't been there for a long long time.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:56 pm

E-raq:

There is an alternative way to view the parking situation near Tango -it is time to test your parallel parking skills! I have just always figured that it was a given that parking may be a challenge - always has been.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:E-raq:

There is an alternative way to view the parking situation near Tango -it is time to test your parallel parking skills! I have just always figured that it was a given that parking may be a challenge - always has been.

Neil, there's a reason I don't frequent downtown Ajijic. There's also a reason why my car has remained disabled for nearly 2 months now, despite my husband being an engineer. I think he's making a statement, a mute statement but most eloquent. I don't see driving in my immediate future. My crystal ball tells me that I may have to ask for outside assistance.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 pm

E-raq:

I occasionally wonder what it will be like the day I am told I cannot drive anymore. This has been such a "control thing" with me and I have zero apprehension about driving most any where. While it will take me a bit of time, when I publish our dash cam videos probably on YouTube, I think you will see what I mean. To be quite honest, this latest trip has been an educational and growing experience even though we were totally amazed by certain driving habits!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:54 pm

E-raq wrote:

Neil, there's a reason I don't frequent downtown Ajijic. There's also a reason why my car has remained disabled for nearly 2 months now, despite my husband being an engineer. I think he's making a statement, a mute statement but most eloquent. I don't see driving in my immediate future. My crystal ball tells me that I may have to ask for outside assistance.

Why are you not having your car fixed?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 am

I like the fact that I can count on Tango's menu. When you add the great staff and the always-terrific steaks, I don't care at all about 'new stuff". I go maybe twice a year and there are always new items. But I get the big ribeye and the chocolate mousse every time anyway...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:35 am

I agree; the food and service is always good. So is the wine list.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:09 pm

[quote="johninajijic"]
E-raq wrote:

Why are you not having your car fixed?[/quote

Because the engineer is running extensive and intensive diagnostic tests which have slowed down progress. Also he can't bear to be without me for even a minute.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

I like Tango. It's a steak house mainly & I don't think I've ever gotten a bad meal there other than my first visit when they grilled short ribs that were way too tough. I like their lunch specials as well & always get the arrachera sandwich.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm

I certainly didn't mean to infer that we received either bad service or inferior food but since we only visit for a few days at a time, we won't be using our limited choices on a restaurant that we now find quite average. We used two of our other choices an Yves and Roberto's and came away a great deal more satisfied. Just a simple opinion!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 pm

I think you were pretty clear with your original comment, no worries. I just don't see anybody calling it "quite average".
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ajijicbob Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 pm

I have found Ajijic Tango above average since they opened. I find their meat items all very good as well as their salads. Add the chicken dishes, some fish as well as pizza and I don't see how an infrequent visiter could get bored.
ajijicbob
ajijicbob

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:41 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:I certainly didn't mean to infer that we received either bad service or inferior food but since we only visit for a few days at a time, we won't be using our limited choices on a restaurant that we now find quite average. We used two of our other choices an Yves and Roberto's and came away a great deal more satisfied. Just a simple opinion!

Did you mean "to imply", as I certainly didn't "infer" the rest of the sentence. LOL
Only because of your fastidiousness over words. Very Happy
Carry on with your posts, I enjoy them.
Just for kickers, of the 3 restaurants you mentioned, MHO is 1. Tango 2. Yves 3. Roberto's, but all good.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:34 am

slainte39 wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:I certainly didn't mean to infer that we received either bad service or inferior food but since we only visit for a few days at a time, we won't be using our limited choices on a restaurant that we now find quite average. We used two of our other choices an Yves and Roberto's and came away a great deal more satisfied. Just a simple opinion!

Did you mean "to imply", as I certainly didn't "infer" the rest of the sentence. LOL
Only because of your fastidiousness over words. Very Happy
Carry on with your posts, I enjoy them.
Just for kickers, of the 3 restaurants you mentioned, MHO is 1. Tango 2. Yves 3. Roberto's, but all good.

I kind of prefer Roberto's, simply because he changes his menu frequently, has stuff you might not want to make at home, and the waiters are superb, as is the bartender. He also has a smoking section, and does a wonderful job catering.

BTW he will be opening a new B&B in Cuyatlán in the near future. The new road should be finished in October so it will be a very easy drive, fingers crossed.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:53 am

Some other pluses for Roberto's, are the Chinese (Asian?) night and the 2x1 specials.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:55 am

slainte39 wrote:Some other pluses for Roberto's, are the Chinese (Asian?) night and the 2x1 specials.

Monday lunch specials are a treat as well... last time I had Lamb Shepherd's Pie.... ummm..umm good
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 am

E-Raq - Roberto opening a new B & B? Talk about greedy. He's over 70 y/o. He talked about closing Roberto's and retiring a couple years ago.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 am

johninajijic wrote:E-Raq - Roberto opening a new B & B? Talk about greedy. He's over 70 y/o. He talked about closing Roberto's and retiring a couple years ago.

You're making some unkind and unwarranted assumptions, John. Roberto has spoken about his intention of retiring to the beach, and the place in Cayutlan is small. If you're spent your working years as a chef and host.........sitting on the beach could get tiresome, so I'm not surprised that a very downsized situation would keep a person like him active and content. His partner in business at Roberto's, Omar, seems to be taking over the local operation.
I doubt that greed is a motivation here.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 am

gringal qupte - "You're making some unkind and unwarranted assumptions, John." NOT.

He told me himself that he wanted to retire 2 years ago.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:35 am

johninajijic wrote:gringal qupte - "You're making some unkind and unwarranted assumptions, John." NOT.

He told me himself that he wanted to retire 2 years ago.

He told everybody that. He bought a modest condo in Cayutlan over a year ago. His age has nothing to do with his plans........we have Senators who hang in there till they're taken out on a stretcher. He's a nice person, generous to his help and good to his dogs.
lol!

So why are you accusing him of being greedy? That's my problem with your post. Definitely unkind. I don't know about you, but I really don't like greedy folks.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:48 am

gringal - I cannot stand cheap or greedy folks. I don't believe ANYONE has to or should work beyond 70 and I believe everyone should retire before 65. We retired at 58 y/o with very little money. Give younger folks the opportunity to work and earn money.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 am

Nice thought about giving younger people opportunities, but that doesn't work for everybody, and many self-employed people, especially skilled ones, would go nuts if they were forced to "retire" in the traditional sense. They have energy to spare, so why not work as long as they want to? There are some jobs younger people can't do. Take Picasso, for example. He never did retire.

I don't think you can say what "everyone" should do. We're all different.
I do think Supreme court justices, Congressmen and Presidents should retire before they go dotty. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 pm

John...just when I think you've reached the hights (lows) you continue to amaze me. Don't be a jackass. He wouldn't be putting anyone out of work..he'd be creating jobs. Just because you're content to sit on your duff...doesn't mean that everyone's else is. Doing what you like keeps your mind active and happy. Get a life.

You GO ROBERT!!!!! Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 pm

johninajijic wrote:gringal - I cannot stand cheap or greedy folks. I don't believe ANYONE has to or should work beyond 70 and I believe everyone should retire before 65. We retired at 58 y/o with very little money. Give younger folks the opportunity to work and earn money.

John, you may want to think of “Roberto” this way. He’s providing jobs for many, whereas, the people I believe you’re talking about are the wealthy many older folks that are just holding jobs that could be passed down to a younger generation, No?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next