INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopping Mad at Actinver

+19
Trailrunner
Irish Gal
viajero
bobnliz
Ms.Thang
MexicoPete
hound dog
johninajijic
simpsca
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
Rosa Venus
David
martygraw
Jim W
CheenaGringo
E-raq
Zedinmexico
ferret
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Hopping Mad at Actinver - Page 4 Empty Re: Hopping Mad at Actinver

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:29 pm

This is sexist Mexico. Better get used to it.

Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:38 pm

NO!

And you should be concerned too Mainecoons. Something might happen to you that puts you in the position I described and your wife will have a hell of a time caring for you.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:12 pm

ferret wrote:Don't think that it only happens in Mexico. I remember when I split from my first husband when I was 27 and opened my own bank account. Tried to get a Visa card and was told I had NO credit rating. This after paying off JOINT loans in both our names for two cars, furniture and a house over a period of seven years. HUH? I had to borrow five hundred dollars from my mum and LEAVE it in my account as collateral...the limit on the card was $500.00
That's why I NEVER gave up my own card.
Don't know if it's any different now, but be warned.

Yes indeedy, same thing happened to me, while I was still married to IT. Then again when IT cleared out my bank account and ran up mega debt on the credit cards, then used up my credit line. Well, I happened to have an assistant at the time who advised me to go to the credit bureau, and explain the situation, then I closed my bank account, opened a new one in my maiden name. Problem solved. Oh yes, and bank number one got a rather terse letter from my attorney.

Hahahaha, I just love it when a plan comes together. IT had to make good on the whole nine yards.

Beer Happy Hour times ten...........

Last edited by E-raq on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 pm

I LOVE happy endings.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Years ago I opened an account at LLoyds,long since closed,I named my fiancee as beneficiary,in the paper work they listed her as my "concubina"I felt like a Chinese emperor!!jajajaja.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 am

ferret wrote:NO!

And you should be concerned too Mainecoons. Something might happen to you that puts you in the position I described and your wife will have a hell of a time caring for you.

Don't confuse my observation with an endorsement. Once again, as expats, we either accept the place as it is and recognize that we have little influence, or if we cannot tolerate these things, our only option, really, is to go somewhere else.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 am

I did not have a check book at Multiva at the time I needed the money to take care of my friend's surgery. They then ordered me a check book. I asked if there would be a charge for that and they said no. Just after I got the check book which took a month they started putting a monthly charge on the joint account. We were not getting any interest so I turned in the check book - it was costing money to have money there. My friend closed out his account completely due to the problems. I still have a small account there.

And yes ferret I wondered it it was that I am a woman. All statements at both Actinver and Multiva came in my (man) friends name.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:07 am

mikey1953 wrote:I use Bancomer and have none of these issues.

Me too.
The exchange rate was good and the US BOA or FCU checks clear in six days.
Better exchange rate over $5000USD FYI.
Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:14 am

simpsca wrote:I did not have a check book at Multiva at the time I needed the money to take care of my friend's surgery. They then ordered me a check book. I asked if there would be a charge for that and they said no. Just after I got the check book which took a month they started putting a monthly charge on the joint account. We were not getting any interest so I turned in the check book - it was costing money to have money there. My friend closed out his account completely due to the problems. I still have a small account there.

And yes ferret I wondered it it was that I am a woman. All statements at both Actinver and Multiva came in my (man) friends name.

Never had a single problem with MULTIVA in 11 years. As you said awhile back they said they were going to charge 80 pesos a month for a check book, so we gave it back. Never wrote a single check. No need for a checkbook in Mexico. They all want cash. You can get any amount of cash you want by going to the bank window. NEVER a problem with MULTIVA ATM machine copying bank cards. And it's fast and always works. Great people too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:16 am

ferret wrote:So, I have another question. Both Simpsca and I are female.
I can tell you that it ticks me off that I (me, myself and I) originally opened the Lloyd (now Actinver) account and my husband signed later. It was set up as a joint account...but on ALL statements, only my husband's name is shown.

Is it possible that we are being singled out because we are female?
Are there ANY guys out there who have experienced these problems?

My wife and I have a joint account at Bancomer and yes it only has my name on it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:18 am

Zedinmexico wrote:
ferret wrote:So, I have another question. Both Simpsca and I are female.
I can tell you that it ticks me off that I (me, myself and I) originally opened the Lloyd (now Actinver) account and my husband signed later. It was set up as a joint account...but on ALL statements, only my husband's name is shown.

Is it possible that we are being singled out because we are female?
Are there ANY guys out there who have experienced these problems?

My wife and I have a joint account at Bancomer and yes it only has my name on it.

Z

Even if it's two males that have a joint account, only one name is shown on the account.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:42 am

johninajijic wrote:
simpsca wrote:I did not have a check book at Multiva at the time I needed the money to take care of my friend's surgery. They then ordered me a check book. I asked if there would be a charge for that and they said no. Just after I got the check book which took a month they started putting a monthly charge on the joint account. We were not getting any interest so I turned in the check book - it was costing money to have money there. My friend closed out his account completely due to the problems. I still have a small account there.

Never had a single problem with MULTIVA in 11 years. As you said awhile back they said they were going to charge 80 pesos a month for a check book, so we gave it back. Never wrote a single check. No need for a checkbook in Mexico. They all want cash. You can get any amount of cash you want by going to the bank window. NEVER a problem with MULTIVA ATM machine copying bank cards. And it's fast and always works. Great people too.

John they were charging me a monthly fee when I used the bank card. So I don't use it not - go to the window to get cash. Are they still charging you a monthly charge when you use the bank card?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 am

Not that I know of.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Hartford Insurance did same thing here. House and car are in my name, I am the AARP member, and my account pays the bills.
The policy has hubby's name on it. Go figure?
Gender bias? Hell yes! NO doubt about it in my mind. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:27 pm

The end of the story...
As stated previously, the cheque cleared my Canadian account sometime after 11p.m. on Friday and before 7 a.m. Saturday.
When Actinver opened this morning at 9 a.m., I was on the phone to Aurora. She asked that I e-mail her a scan of the printout on the Canadian account so she could e-mail it to Mexico City for approval to release funds. Although you can only withdraw 50,000 pesos a day, I asked her if it was possible for them to transfer (a large amount of money) into the Hospital's account and how long that would take so they would spring my hubby today. It took 1 1/2 hours to transfer the money to the hospital. Account paid, Hubby's home.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Yeah ferret! I hope he is doing OK - what an ordeal.

You will need a stiff drink tonight.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:44 pm

johninajijic wrote:Not that I know of.

When I had the check book they charged me 80 pesos per month so I got rid of that. The last time I used my bank card they charged 30 pesos per month. I called Multiva and they confirmed that if I don't use the card - go to the teller, no charge. If I use the card there is a 30 peso charge that month. It is possible that if you have a certain balance the fee is waived but no one mentioned that. Don't know if anything has changed in the past 6 months because I only use the teller now.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:33 pm

ferret wrote:The end of the story...
As stated previously, the cheque cleared my Canadian account sometime after 11p.m. on Friday and before 7 a.m. Saturday.
When Actinver opened this morning at 9 a.m., I was on the phone to Aurora. She asked that I e-mail her a scan of the printout on the Canadian account so she could e-mail it to Mexico City for approval to release funds. Although you can only withdraw 50,000 pesos a day, I asked her if it was possible for them to transfer (a large amount of money) into the Hospital's account and how long that would take so they would spring my hubby today. It took 1 1/2 hours to transfer the money to the hospital. Account paid, Hubby's home.

Good to hear Ferret, I think I’ll have a drink to your final success. Beer Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Turned out well, in spite of it all. Happy for the outcome.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 pm

In retrospect, it gave me something to take my frustrations out on and not dwell 100% of the time on my hubby.
I guess some things happen for a reason. But, when things get back to a reasonable normal, we will be changing to some other form of banking.
The people at Actinver still remain very friendly, courteous and polite. It's the bank's policies that are inefficient.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Hopping Mad at Actinver - Page 4 Empty Hoping Mad at Actinver

Post by Irish Gal Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Mainecoons wrote:This is sexist Mexico. Better get used to it.

Great attitude, Maincoons"!

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:44 pm

ferret wrote:In retrospect, it gave me something to take my frustrations out on and not dwell 100% of the time on my hubby.
I guess some things happen for a reason. But, when things get back to a reasonable normal, we will be changing to some other form of banking.
The people at Actinver still remain very friendly, courteous and polite. It's the bank's policies that are inefficient.

I guess blessings come from unexpected sources.
It must have been difficult, at best getting through all this... and anything that can take your mind off your worries, even for a little while, is good.
Beer Here's hoping you have an opportunity to sit back and enjoy a little peace and quiet. Hopping Mad at Actinver - Page 4 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4