INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopping Mad at Actinver

+19
Trailrunner
Irish Gal
viajero
bobnliz
Ms.Thang
MexicoPete
hound dog
johninajijic
simpsca
zenwoodle
CanuckBob
Rosa Venus
David
martygraw
Jim W
CheenaGringo
E-raq
Zedinmexico
ferret
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hopping Mad at Actinver - Page 3 Empty Re: Hopping Mad at Actinver

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 pm

We use Scotia in Canada and have no problems at all. They have a good on-line system and no added charges at all when you use their ATM's down here.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:08 pm

We have non-residents accounts at both TD Canada Trust and at Scotiabank. No bank charges at either although a minimum balance was required at TD in order to incur no charges.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 pm

I have B of A up north and Actinver down here. I'm told that B of A has an agreement with Scotiabank, and I take out 2000 pesos at the local ATM from my B of A account when necessary for living expenses and apparently because of the agreement, I am not charged a fee.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

I understood that the funds from the check I deposited would not be AVAILABLE for 6 weeks. That's fine, but they froze $21,000 mxn of MY money until a $1000.00 usd check cleared, I don't understand that part and the woman couldn't explain it either . No, I didn't read the 15 page book they gave me.
I just want to keep like $50,000 mxn in an interest bearing but easy access account for emergencies. I almost always deposit cash or wire funds , the check was a first (and only) deal for me. I also want a debit card, which aCTINVER didn't offer....I don't need checks. I had an account at HSBC and closed it they made me so mad, tacking on insurance premiums after I told them not to do it.
Does MULTIVA have such an account ? Or who does that will not yank me around (too much)?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:44 pm

I also walked my money across the street.

I had noticed a service charge that suddenly popped up and I went in to ask about it and was told it was a for life insurance. I said I didn't want it nor had I authorized them to deduct it from my account. I closed the account and went over the Multiva. Very happy there.

Just after that, was with a friend whose wife had just died and she had this Lloyd account with the life insurance deduction too. So, he went down and tried to collect on it. Apparently they are supposed to pay the beneficiary double the account as a death benefit. Not. They did nothing but jack him around, he spent about 3 years trying to collect, numerous trips to Guad, numerous lawyers, several thousand dollars, and in the end they wore him down and he returned to Canada. He never got the money.

I believe Lloyd has since dropped that 'benefit'.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:01 am

I've had problems at Multiva. Had a joint account there with a friend who needed surgery. Asked for a check to pay the doctor and was told they could not do that even though the money was in a ready account. So I took the money out of Multiva, walked it across to Actinver who wrote the check. In my opinion they all jerk you around.

I have had good luck when I needed money sooner than their policy of meeting with Aurora Michelle - she has done a lot of things over the years to expedite things for me. Still have accounts at both institutions but know where I can get a check when I need one.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 am

CanuckBob wrote:We use Scotia in Canada and have no problems at all. They have a good on-line system and no added charges at all when you use their ATM's down here.

And real banks down here. One is next to the new Costco in the Mega next door.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:41 am

[quote="simpsca"]I've had problems at Multiva. Had a joint account there with a friend who needed surgery. Asked for a check to pay the doctor and was told they could not do that even though the money was in a ready account. quote]

I wonder what that was about? Everytime I've needed a check I've had it in a few minutes. Was it before they had Banco MultiVa?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:42 pm

ferret wrote:I will try to refrain from using profanity in this post.
On July the 5th, I wrote a cheque to Actinver on a Canadian Bank to cover what we thought was going to be a battery of tests for my hubby. Those tests turned into an emergency operation to remove a benign tumour on his large intestine that was obstructing normal function.
As of TODAY, July the 19th, those funds have still not cleared my Canadian bank. In the meantime, I can't access those funds in Canada, in case they do clear, and I can't access any funds in my Actinver account because the whole thing is frozen.
I cannot tell you how many times I have phoned Actinver, gone in to Actinver, asked if I could cancel the cheque (which would be not only be the NSF charge but also over a $1,000 dollars because of the change in the Canadian bank rate) so I could at least access the funds via a bank machine.
Has anybody else had to endure this TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT from Actinver...if so, what did you do?
I can tell you that since Actinver bought Lloyds, with whom we have had an account since '96, the service has gone down the tubes. It doesn't seem to matter if you write a cheque or do a bank transfer, they screw it up every time.
End rant...feedback please.

I
I closed my account rhere a few years ago because of situations like yours. I switched to Intercam where I can cash a US check in minutes.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm

ferret wrote:I will try to refrain from using profanity in this post.
On July the 5th, I wrote a cheque to Actinver on a Canadian Bank to cover what we thought was going to be a battery of tests for my hubby. Those tests turned into an emergency operation to remove a benign tumour on his large intestine that was obstructing normal function.
As of TODAY, July the 19th, those funds have still not cleared my Canadian bank. In the meantime, I can't access those funds in Canada, in case they do clear, and I can't access any funds in my Actinver account because the whole thing is frozen.
I cannot tell you how many times I have phoned Actinver, gone in to Actinver, asked if I could cancel the cheque (which would be not only be the NSF charge but also over a $1,000 dollars because of the change in the Canadian bank rate) so I could at least access the funds via a bank machine.
Has anybody else had to endure this TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT from Actinver...if so, what did you do?
I can tell you that since Actinver bought Lloyds, with whom we have had an account since '96, the service has gone down the tubes. It doesn't seem to matter if you write a cheque or do a bank transfer, they screw it up every time.
End rant...feedback please.

I
I closed my account rhere a few years ago because of situations like yours. I switched to Intercam where I can cash a US check in minutes.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

[quote="David"]
simpsca wrote:I've had problems at Multiva. Had a joint account there with a friend who needed surgery. Asked for a check to pay the doctor and was told they could not do that even though the money was in a ready account. quote]

I wonder what that was about? Everytime I've needed a check I've had it in a few minutes. Was it before they had Banco MultiVa?

No they had the bank - I was not told why I couldn't have a check made out to the doctor. They asked me to do a wire transfer into the doctors account but I didn't have time to get the info from the doctor - was taking him in for surgery. I even met with Erica. Went out of there crying. Went back later and withdrew all the $ from the joint Multiva band act. and took it to Actinver which made a check payable to the doctor. No explanation was given and it was like ferret's situation, an emergency and needed a check ASAP.

I just went on this Friday to make a withdrawal at Multiva - still have a little $ in my single account. They wanted my passport or FM for 1,000 peso withdrawal. I told told them they have a photo of my passport on file. Teller said next time I need to bring my original FM - not a copy for them to make a copy. I went across the street to get more money and showed a photo ID, no problem. Only keep enough in Multiva for emergency and a small amount. Seems like they jerk me around every time I go in there - Multiva.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:26 pm

We have had an acct at Multiva for 8 years now and are very satisfied with their service.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:50 pm

OK, so if I understand this correctly, you had an investment account with MultiVa but not a bank account. So you wanted the investment house to cut a check. But I don't believe they do that, I think what they have to do is wire it out or transfer it to another account where you access it.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Back when we had an investment account with Multiva, before they became a bank, we had to wire money over to HSBC in order to write a cheque. Now we've closed the HSBC account, and it's one stop shopping.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Mainecoons wrote:OK, so if I understand this correctly, you had an investment account with MultiVa but not a bank account. So you wanted the investment house to cut a check. But I don't believe they do that, I think what they have to do is wire it out or transfer it to another account where you access it.

No I only have a bank account - and it was a bank account at that time. I only use the banking side of Multiva, and it's even a separate door. And are they asking everyone in the banking side for their FM and Passport to take out money? They did look and found they had my passport photo on file. Still want me to bring in the original FM. Just about ready to take all money out. I can take all my docs to Intercam and get a cash and check cashing card. Think that is what I will do.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Maybe it's every 10th customer.....
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 pm

And you don't have checking on your MultiVa bank account?

When we need money out of ours, we just write a check. Never had one come back yet. They did call one time to verify that I had written the check to the person who was trying to cash it.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:24 pm

simpsca wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:OK, so if I understand this correctly, you had an investment account with MultiVa but not a bank account. So you wanted the investment house to cut a check. But I don't believe they do that, I think what they have to do is wire it out or transfer it to another account where you access it.

No I only have a bank account - and it was a bank account at that time. I only use the banking side of Multiva, and it's even a separate door. And are they asking everyone in the banking side for their FM and Passport to take out money? They did look and found they had my passport photo on file. Still want me to bring in the original FM. Just about ready to take all money out. I can take all my docs to Intercam and get a cash and check cashing card. Think that is what I will do.

HUH? If the machine isn't working we have two options.
1. Write out a cheque, al portador, no I.D. required, as far as I know.
2. Show them your bank debit card and FM 3 or 2. and you're done.

We have never been asked for our passports.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm wondering if it is the type of account. Ours doesn't earn squat in the way of interest, it is there for convenience when handling bigger expenses and as a backup if our normal route of getting cash from the ScotiaBank ATM runs iinto an extended gliche.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey1953 Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:38 pm

I use Bancomer and have none of these issues.

mikey1953

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm

So, I have another question. Both Simpsca and I are female.
I can tell you that it ticks me off that I (me, myself and I) originally opened the Lloyd (now Actinver) account and my husband signed later. It was set up as a joint account...but on ALL statements, only my husband's name is shown.

Is it possible that we are being singled out because we are female?
Are there ANY guys out there who have experienced these problems?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 pm

ferret wrote:So, I have another question. Both Simpsca and I are female.
I can tell you that it ticks me off that I (me, myself and I) originally opened the Lloyd (now Actinver) account and my husband signed later. It was set up as a joint account...but on ALL statements, only my husband's name is shown.

Is it possible that we are being singled out because we are female?
Are there ANY guys out there who have experienced these problems?

As a female as well, everything is joint. On our cheques and accounts it is my husband's name y/o my name, meaning as you know, and or. One more reason to ditch Actinver which seems to have an attitude problem.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Don't think that it only happens in Mexico. I remember when I split from my first husband when I was 27 and opened my own bank account. Tried to get a Visa card and was told I had NO credit rating. This after paying off JOINT loans in both our names for two cars, furniture and a house over a period of seven years. HUH? I had to borrow five hundred dollars from my mum and LEAVE it in my account as collateral...the limit on the card was $500.00
That's why I NEVER gave up my own card.
Don't know if it's any different now, but be warned.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:13 pm

When I applied for a menaje de casa when I moved to Mexico they said that the applicant had to be the head of the household and I could not apply because I was married and a woman can not be the head of the household unless she is single.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:24 pm

This IS the 21st century. Wow, what a crock of S*IT!!!
So, if you're husband becomes incapacitated and unable to do "head of household" things, what position does that leave you in?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:29 pm

This is sexist Mexico. Better get used to it.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next