INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind

+13
Chico
Grizzy
borderreiver
E-raq
Ms.Thang
viajero
espíritu del lago
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
Smartalex
Axixic
ferret
hound dog
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind Empty Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind

Post by hound dog Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Dawg is posting this new topic in order to try, perhaps without success, at removing this Goddamned "Cole Slaw" thread from undeserved prominence as a lead discussion of nothing of any consequence on this particular forum. If Dawg can relegate this nonsensical discussion to second place then that is a victory for common sense but if I fail then at least it can be said that I tried even without any personal "dog in the hunt". Antbody who has lived beyond 35 years knows that there is only one great cole slaw and that is served by that Jewish deli just off of Oak Park in Montgomery, Alabama on their pastrami sanwiches circa 1955. Maybe they are no longer in business. Doesn´t matter to me; I used to go there in the 1950s ane haven´t dined in Montgomery since 1959.

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind Empty Re: Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind

Post by ferret Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:13 pm

LOL! You want to change the focus away from the coleslaw thread and then, in your last line, you mention the best coleslaw? Too funny Dawg! The best coleslaw is served at Yitz's Deli in Toronto on Eglinton Avenue West...and they're still in business.
Shall we call this Coleslaw Take 2?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind Empty Re: Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Are you nuts? Yitz's in Forest Hill? No way.

Schwartz's - 3895 St-Laurent, Montreal - now we're talking cole slaw.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:34 pm

I've gotta go with Johnnie's on Sepulveda Boulevard in Culver City.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Well I have to go with Chompies in Scottsdale, Arizona.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Instructions: Open bag

[img]Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind 12870_10[/img]

Doctor up mix by adding what you think is missing to meet your taste expectations. Add your favorite Granny's homemade recipe or whatever commercial dressing you prefer.

Expend your real efforts on the main dish that the coleslaw compliments. Never heard of coleslaw being the main entree!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I have absolutely the best and no you may not have our recipe !!!! It was a combination of my wife and working together.. It has fresh fennel in it!!.. razberry
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:06 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Instructions: Open bag

[img]Nesessary Intervention For The Sake of Peace of Mind 12870_10[/img]

Doctor up mix by adding what you think is missing to meet your taste expectations. Add your favorite Granny's homemade recipe or whatever commercial dressing you prefer.

Expend your real efforts on the main dish that the coleslaw compliments. Never heard of coleslaw being the main entree!

BAMA POKE BBQ SAMMICHES NON-KOSHER
Slow cook fatty Poke Butt over charcoal and hickory chips inteminably until melt-in-mouth tender. Preferably larded with garlic
Hamburger buns and one´s choice of BBQ sauce which can seriously vary fom redneck to redneck
Neil´s DOLE packaged cole slaw
Potato salad prepared to one´s historic needs according to upbringing
One liter of Black Lable Jack Daniels and Dixie Cups

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

I'm sorry but it is a simple law of nature: You got a foreskin? You can't make decent cole slaw.

Schwartz's in Montreal. No question.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Smartalex wrote:I've gotta go with Johnnie's on Sepulveda Boulevard in Culver City.
Go a little east to The Pantry for really good cole slaw.When I worked in Marina del Rey we ate at Johnnies a few times,pretty good.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Culver City? LA??

You've GOT to be kidding me.

What decent Jewish Deli would ever set up in Gomorah?
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm

viajero wrote:
Smartalex wrote:I've gotta go with Johnnie's on Sepulveda Boulevard in Culver City.
Go a little east to The Pantry for really good cole slaw.When I worked in Marina del Rey we ate at Johnnies a few times,pretty good.

Can't remember the cole slaw at The Pantry. If I'm ever in L.A. again I'll make it a point to try it, based on your recommendatiion. My runner-up would be Felipe's downtown. Of course, everything at Felipe's is special. My mouth is watering now just thinking about the tapioca pudding.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Oh my Daddy makes the best coleslaw, everybody in Panama City Beach Fl. says so ...That would be Florida cole slaw , Mr. Dawg , and it is against Florida law to eat fried fish and hushpuppies without it.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Florida - I can see that. Maybe. But not So Cal.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Hell, I like coleslaw with nothing but Rice Vinegar. Now brag about how many places serve it that way.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Axixic wrote:Culver City? LA??

You've GOT to be kidding me.

What decent Jewish Deli would ever set up in Gomorah?
Langers,Nate & Al's,etc,can't compete with NY but there are some good ones, try the Fairfax District.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Dawg, a horrible error however well intentioned.

Montreal deli, Toronto. Best smoked meat on the planet!!!

Could care less about their coleslaw.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Smartalex wrote:
viajero wrote:

Can't remember the cole slaw at The Pantry. If I'm ever in L.A. again I'll make it a point to try it, based on your recommendatiion. My runner-up would be Felipe's downtown. Of course, everything at Felipe's is special. My mouth is watering now just thinking about the tapioca pudding.
Philippes!Youv'e been in Mexico too long. Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:09 pm

E-raq wrote:Dawg, a horrible error however well intentioned.

Their bagels suck, though.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Oh my Daddy makes the best coleslaw, everybody in Panama City Beach Fl. says so ...That would be Florida cole slaw , Mr. Dawg , and it is against Florida law to eat fried fish and hushpuppies without it.

Dawg cannot argue with that. Panama City Beach is the redneck cole slaw capital of the universe. Dawg spent many a wasted evening in Panama City Beach building beer can´pyramids in the 50s. This was before McDonalds ever achieved success and they seved these little bitty burgers that cost about $0.12 each. I am approaching teardom.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Even the Dawg cannot argue with that...case closed.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 pm

viajero wrote:
Smartalex wrote:
viajero wrote:

Philippes!Youv'e been in Mexico too long. Very Happy

Oh yeah, Phillppe was a Frenchman. Can't believe I did that.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Axixic wrote:
E-raq wrote:Dawg, a horrible error however well intentioned.

Their bagels suck, though.

Who cares, we order on rye. For bagels, which I lived on during my enforced incarceration, at UofT, you have to hit the Kensington market. Maybe things have changed.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 pm

viajero wrote:

Oh hell yeah, now I remember The Pantry's cole slaw. They used to serve the bread and slaw while you waited for those big steaks to come off the grill. Seems I remember getting so stuffed on bread and slaw that I wound up taking the steak home to eat later. Got to give it a nod over Johnnie's slaw.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:01 pm

"Slawgers"/
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next