INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinche gabron

+15
oncesubtle
eñe
rico
sharpie
Ms Mac
prestonway
kittythegm
cane
Rolly
CanuckBob
Solovino
Demonio
El Toro Furioso
hockables
Abuelo
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pinche gabron - Page 3 Empty Re: Pinche gabron

Post by bobnliz Tue May 11, 2010 8:39 am

Elaine, if you will read my post again?
I stated.... "said with enough force pinche cabrón means foul tempered old goat."
In Spanish a word may have a multitude of uses and translations, depending on how it's used, where it is used and accompanying body language. Por ejemplo..."ojala" can mean anything from, "I would like." to "I fervently desire!" depending on placement, context and tone of voice. Lizzy

bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by eñe Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Pues, no me mames...

eñe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue May 11, 2010 9:29 pm

The word cabrón has many different connotations. It isn't always a noun, it can also be used as an adjective. It is also used when referring to females (in the feminine form) .

There is also a variation, "está cañon", which is considered to be a slightly more polite form of the same word. There is a popular TV show on the air by that name.

You will hear the term used to describe males and females alike. A student might say (loose translations as most slang cannot be translated literally):

"La maestra es una cabrona" (used as a noun). "the teacher is a bitch".

"nadie quiere andar con ese cabrón, es un hijo de la chingada." No one wants to hang around with that jerk. He is a real son of a bitch"

or they may something like this may when talking about a difficult exam the teacher (la cabrona) gave them that day

"el examen está muy cabrón" (used as an adjective) The test is really difficult.

It can also be used as a compliment:

"Él es un cabrón para jugar fútbol." "He is an awesome soccer player"

Or describing a bad situation:

En Juárez, está muy cabrón. "Things are nasty in Juárez"

And there also exists the verb "encabronar" (which does NOT mean "poner los cuernos") meaning to anger or piss off.

"Algunos pendejos en este foro me encabronan con sus tonterías."

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed May 12, 2010 9:38 am

Sort of like "Bitch" in the US. Bitch, bitchy, bitchin', etc Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Pinche gabron - Page 3 Empty SOLVINO IS CORRECT in his definition of cabron

Post by 57Chevy Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:24 am

[quote="Solovino"]The word cabrón has many different connotations. It isn't always a noun, it can also be used as an adjective. It is also used when referring to females (in the feminine form) .
(Etcetera, see above)........
Solvino is correct in his explanation of the word "cabron". I speak Spanish, and have many close friends who are Mexican. I have polled my friends about what the term pinchy cabron or cabron means. They are in agreement with Solvino's explanation. A Mexcian policeman in Ajijic told me that "pinchy cabron" can also mean "fucked-up fucker" (Please excuse the vulgarity, but this is for the sake of discussion). I was told by one Mexican friend that the use and meaning of the word cabron is different depending on what state/area you live in as well. He gave as an example, it can be a term of familiarity or even endearment between friends. (Aye cabron). Is that correct Solvino?
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

This show what a simple, straight-forward yet descriptive language Spanish is.

In English, reduced to its street creole variant, there is only ONE adjective and it is actually a verb in present participle form.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Peter, can you say that in layman's terms? What word do you mean in English. I don't follow the grammatical explanation. Thanks
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:10 pm

57Chevy wrote:Peter, can you say that in layman's terms? What word do you mean in English. I don't follow the grammatical explanation. Thanks

Everything in my old neighborhood was the f***ing whatever - the f***ing car, or something like, "Did you see that "f***ing idïot drive over that f***ing guy's f***ing lawnmower?" Seemed like we used that as an adjective and that was the only one we used regularly. "...ing" is the present f***ing participle. Something like that. I don't know a f***ing thing about f***ing grammar. I could be wrong, so don't take my f***ing word for it.
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Very funny... yes, this is a favorite adjective in English
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:34 pm

An excellent adjective, yes,.... but as in F*#@ you!...., it also serves very well in the capacity of verb when necessary. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Peter wrote:
57Chevy wrote:Peter, can you say that in layman's terms? What word do you mean in English. I don't follow the grammatical explanation. Thanks

Everything in my old neighborhood was the f***ing whatever - the f***ing car, or something like, "Did you see that "f***ing idïot drive over that f***ing guy's f***ing lawnmower?" Seemed like we used that as an adjective and that was the only one we used regularly. "...ing" is the present f***ing participle. Something like that. I don't know a f***ing thing about f***ing grammar. I could be wrong, so don't take my f***ing word for it.

I personally believe your interpretation is correct in all its forms. To me from this point it’s just about semantics.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum