INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Invasion

+10
viajero
johninajijic
slainte39
E-raq
Intercasa
hockables
CanuckBob
sundown
jackak10
lakesidecrime
14 posters

Go down

Home Invasion Empty Home Invasion

Post by lakesidecrime Wed May 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Home invasion - by Police - Canadian snowbirds out of town. http://lakesidecrime.com/riberas/may_24_2012.php

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Home Invasion Empty Re: Home Invasion

Post by jackak10 Wed May 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Not that it changes the fact -- just another crime in this once peaceful community -- but I think a home invasion is where you are home and the robbers bust in and rob you. If you are not at home it is a burglary.

jackak10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sundown Wed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

What consoling information!

sundown
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2012 5:44 pm

jackak10 wrote:Not that it changes the fact -- just another crime in this once peaceful community -- but I think a home invasion is where you are home and the robbers bust in and rob you. If you are not at home it is a burglary.

I agree, there is a huge difference between a burglary and a home invasion so the distinction should be made.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

A Home Invasion is where a Properly Prepared Home Owner gets ta Shoot The Bastard
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Maybe a mistaken address or an anonymous tip or wouldn´t it be better for the bad guys to use homes of Canadians while they are away to not spend money on rent or let anybody know? Why rent a safe house and let your identity be known when you can occupy a home that is left vacant for months?

I´d bet it was the case if it was Calle San Luis where the numbers jump around.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidecrime Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
jackak10 wrote:Not that it changes the fact -- just another crime in this once peaceful community -- but I think a home invasion is where you are home and the robbers bust in and rob you. If you are not at home it is a burglary.

I agree, there is a huge difference between a burglary and a home invasion so the distinction should be made.
Agree - so changed it to property destruction by police. If anyone has another suggestion, speak up!

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 1:41 pm

As shocking as this sounds, it is far from unusual and has been going on for years both in the U.S. and Canada. About 30 years ago we had an employee, married three kids, husband also gainfully employed. One night for no apparent reason other than the fact that they had moved from Columbia to escape the violence there and start a new and better life for their family, armed police kicked their door in, ransacked their home then left empty handed without even a by your leave. Go figure.

My first concern is this: With an anonymous tip line, what's to prevent someone with a grudge from phoning in a phony "tip".

A second concern: Why do the state police have no plates on what are obviously state police vehicles? Am I missing something here?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

hockables wrote:A Home Invasion is where a Properly Prepared Home Owner gets ta Shoot The Bastard

Indeed Hocks, now let's move right along to how you're going to 'splain your way around a couple or more dead or injured state police?
While we're on the topic, what is the actual dealio if you do have a legally registered firearm, let's say a rifle loaded with buckshot, and you do shoot some fargin' bastage, at close range. Then what? Do you report it? Will you be put in the pokey? I'd really like a legal opinion on this ultra touchy subject, because I have been looking into being a properly prepared homeowner. ;-)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu May 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Heard a rumour that a meth lab was busted in Riberas. Could there be a connection with the police destruction of property?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu May 31, 2012 2:35 pm

E-raq wrote:
hockables wrote:A Home Invasion is where a Properly Prepared Home Owner gets ta Shoot The Bastard

Indeed Hocks, now let's move right along to how you're going to 'splain your way around a couple or more dead or injured state police?
While we're on the topic, what is the actual dealio if you do have a legally registered firearm, let's say a rifle loaded with buckshot, and you do shoot some fargin' bastage, at close range. Then what? Do you report it? Will you be put in the pokey? I'd really like a legal opinion on this ultra touchy subject, because I have been looking into being a properly prepared homeowner. ;-)

Nope.... thatz what Roca Azul is for....
kick the Basura off at the Curb
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 31, 2012 2:39 pm

slainte39 wrote:Heard a rumour that a meth lab was busted in Riberas. Could there be a connection with the police destruction of property?

Lakeside = Rumours, rumours, rumours and more misinformation! Like the girl kidnapped at Soriana by four gunmen in broad daylight or the women kidnapped in Joco.

Let's hope that the Federales, State and the Army are here to clean up these aholes once and for all. Raid every drug house at Lakeside. Arrest and convist them all with maximum sentences!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 2:43 pm

hockables wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Nope.... thatz what Roca Azul is for....
kick the Basura off at the Curb

Okay, I hear ya dude. Now, any engineering ideas for removing the basura from your place of residence, horking it into a vehicle and transporting it to the stated location?
Let's keep in mind here two aging people with bad spinal columns.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 3:10 pm

slainte39 wrote:Heard a rumour that a meth lab was busted in Riberas. Could there be a connection with the police destruction of property?

There sure could be a connection. Sooo, if a few hundred bucks each is what it took to shut it down, it would be, at least IMO money well spent.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu May 31, 2012 3:12 pm

E-raq wrote:

This is not a legal opinion but my guess is that you will be going to jail untill things get straightened out,that could take some time,PM me your brand of smokes and I'll get a couple of cartons out to you at Puente Grande. Surte

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 pm

viajero wrote:
E-raq wrote:

This is not a legal opinion but my guess is that you will be going to jail untill things get straightened out,that could take some time,PM me your brand of smokes and I'll get a couple of cartons out to you at Puente Grande. Surte

Hey hey hey, Chris, thanks bud. That would be Benson and Hedges lights 100's. Still just in the planning process here, which may be unnecessary thanks to an announcement yesterday that the Raquet Club will be fortified by a large contingent of private security guards. Double the guards, double the patrols, could be gooood. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 am

This sounds like similar situation that happened in Rancho del Oro about a year ago. there had been some real home invasions (with owners home) and one evening state police tried to batter in a metal door while the homeowners were home in bed. They were terrified but their door held. More recently drug cartel cells were found in Rancho del Oro and Riberas. I wonder if the state police are looking for the bad guys and in some cases get the wrong house or a tip that is not correct. Sounds like more than a coincidence that this is happening where drug houses have been found.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 am

I figured that with the new anonymous tip line up and running it was only a matter of time before a neighbourhood feud over something vitally important like trimming an encroaching tree branch back would result in anonymous tips and police breaking in to an innocent house.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 am

I did too, Grizzy. What a great way to render revenge. :(
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:57 am

I'm sure that can/might happen but this house was unoccupied by its Canadian Snowbird owners and, I take it, had been empty for awhile. Doesn't seem likely to have been a deliberate misuse of the tip line to harrass a disagreeable neighbour - more like an address mix-up, I would think.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:22 am

Axixic wrote:I'm sure that can/might happen but this house was unoccupied by its Canadian Snowbird owners and, I take it, had been empty for awhile. Doesn't seem likely to have been a deliberate misuse of the tip line to harrass a disagreeable neighbour - more like an address mix-up, I would think.

Probably in this case it was a mixup, however misuse of an anonymous tip line could have even worse ramifications such as valuable resources being wasted on frivolous reports while real crimes are happening elsewhere.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:28 am

E-raq,

Completely agree.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder