INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic

+11
Ricardo
Lucky Girl
David
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
SunshineyDay
Chapalagringa
gringal
brigitte
Trailrunner
perro dulce
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic  Empty Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic

Post by perro dulce Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Was anyone aware/saw a report (if so where) on a strong arm robbery in upper Ajijic
near Lazaro Cardenas? I have it confirmed from a reliable source. This is disgraceful that we as a community are not forewarned.

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic  Empty Re: Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic

Post by Trailrunner Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Forewarned by whom?

I'm sorry for the people involved.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic  Empty Re: Strong Arm (gun) Home invasion Upper Ajijic

Post by brigitte Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Forewarned?? Someone would have to know it is going to happen to start with..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:26 pm

Is it possible that the OP was somehow given the impression that there is no crime in Ajijic? Sorry, but it is time for a reality check. We have had everything from simple burglaries to home invasions to purse snatchings to murders. Be aware of your surroundings and be sure your home is secure.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Hard to believe someone who lives in Mexico thinks there is no crime here..Yes time for a reality check. Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by perro dulce Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:10 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Forewarned by whom?

I'm sorry for the people involved.

Sorry I didn't make that very clear did I?

It should be posted in the newspaper. We should not have to hear of this in a round about way.

Chapala.com should be ashamed of their lack of reporting as well.

At least this message board permits such accounts.

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Post by perro dulce Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:13 pm

gringal wrote:Is it possible that the OP was somehow given the impression that there is no crime in Ajijic?  Sorry, but it is time for a reality check.  We have had everything from simple burglaries to home invasions to purse snatchings to murders.  Be aware of your surroundings and be sure your home is secure.

No not at all. There is quite a bit of crime in our very own neighborhood of Lake Chapala. I am not under that impression in the least. What is irritating is the lack of reporting. The Govt keeps the lid on violence for many reasons including Tourism and heaven forbid our real estate market should be hurt. Better to keep all in the dark.

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 pm

So what happened?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Who was waiting for the taxi?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:18 am

Do you read the local weekly  Spanish language newspapers? or the daily newspapers from Guadadalajara?  A lot more crime reported there.
The English language weekly does not have a crime reporter that follows police activity with any consistency and so is not a complete source of information.
There isn't any censoring of information but some one has go and get it....the Comandante isn't going to call the GDL Reporter and he couldn't care less about real estate companies or the tourist related businesses.
Make daily trips to the police HQ, become a liaison between there and this board, and post the news.

And then you would have to hope that the victim reported the crime or wait for him/her to call you.  I should also say the MP office who would handle the following investigation is not going to be calling you either. Maybe for a propina...... Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by perro dulce Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 am

You are not going to hear about most of the crimes... and when you do it can be quite revealing as to what mindset is involved of those whom are suppose to be protecting the public.

An example (one of many I have heard of from reliable confirmable sources):

This one is mild.. NOT the scariest or most violent of the many I have before:

Home is broken into, owner is hurt and has survelliance video of robbers breaking in and posing for security cameras before they take the entire system. Turns out to be a Joco ring with Police paid off, not to do a thing.

Yes there are robberies and thefts all around the world, but when in your old US neighborhood did your police have a take in those home robberies?

I was told there are so many thefts and robberies in this area and almost all go unreported... out of fear.

Time to take of the Rose Colored Glasses... eh?

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 am

Time to take off the rose colored glasses? Only if you have them on! I took off my rose colored glasses when in Mexico in 1968.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:04 am

Here we go again. The newbie poster brewing up an Ain't It Awful cocktail with a side of rose colored glasses. If you want people to help you stoke up fear, anger, and discontent you will find your tribe on TOB.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:49 am

Speaking of reality:  The bottom line is that Mexico has a more or less public policy of NOT reporting crime to the public.  Corruption in the police force is "normal".  Very different from most places we may have lived in back in the States and hard to get used to.  Many people just can't get used to it and accept it as part of life in Mexico. They tend to leave.  Before that move, they get some relief by posting on web boards about how awful it is.

I'm not suggesting that one ever "approves" of it, but like warts, we are aware of it and can't do much about it. If we are here for the long haul, we don't let it get in the way of enjoying all the positive things about our adopted country.  Back in the USA, there are plenty of things which are swept out of public sight, too. The political scene has a bad smell coming from all directions. Any doubt; just check out current news.
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by perro dulce Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:49 am

So bottom line is no one here had heard of that home invasion... (shock lol)... And you need not be nasty throwing insults or saying that one should go to the other board.  Isn't that beneath you... I hope so.  Crime in Mexico is a fact that most of us live with.  Crime which in many cases, cannot be compared to US or CA unless you live in an inner city, and even then the police are not in a partnership with home robbery criminals.  

Guns to ones head, or a machete ( oh yeah ) in your home, and it is comparable... touch sell on that one.  It would be nice (ha ha naive to even suggest this) if indeed people were aware of what is going on in their neighborhood as a result of being informed by police and other protective gov't.  Then we would know a crime wave is hitting our immediate zone.  Instead most who have those glasses of rose upon their face, go about happily until it hits home.    

So again, no one here heard of this crime (home invasion with guns) which is 100% confirmed,
which happened in Ajijic?

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:57 am

Well, we are informed of it by these posts, but I haven't heard a word from official sources.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:57 am

Not true perro dulce: It happened near to our neighborhood.  One of our neighborhood watch members reported it and the news spread quick and wide in this area.  Anything that happens in this area is reported locally. Officials report nothing publicly.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Girl Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am

11 years in Mexico, and never a problem. Do problems exists? Certainly, there is no perfect, peaceful Paradise on this earth.
Now, I do remember a pickup load of rednecks driving down the road on a Sunday morning in Little Rock, AR  shooting guns and pistols , one block from the governor's mansion, half a block from our house, as people were getting out of church. Think any cops showed up? Call 011 and the dispatcher is likely to ask you how dangerous you think the situation is, cause they don't want to sent officers in harms way. Never mind all the crooked, racist cops north of the border, just like they have always been. And only a dreamer thinks this only happens in the inner cities! The good old boys in the boondocks are alive and well--- just try having the wrong skin color or religion!
So I have no problem taking my chances here, using common sense and not spreading wild rumors based on he/she heard

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:38 am

perro dulce wrote:So bottom line is no one here had heard of that home invasion... (shock lol)... And you need not be nasty throwing insults or saying that one should go to the other board.  Isn't that beneath you... I hope so.  Crime in Mexico is a fact that most of us live with.  Crime which in many cases, cannot be compared to US or CA unless you live in an inner city, and even then the police are not in a partnership with home robbery criminals.  

Guns to ones head, or a machete ( oh yeah ) in your home, and it is comparable... touch sell on that one.  It would be nice (ha ha naive to even suggest this) if indeed people were aware of what is going on in their neighborhood as a result of being informed by police and other protective gov't.  Then we would know a crime wave is hitting our immediate zone.  Instead most who have those glasses of rose upon their face, go about happily until it hits home.    

So again, no one here heard of this crime (home invasion with guns) which is 100% confirmed,
which happened in Ajijic?

I too heard of the home invasion. So? I do nothing different than I always do. I take the same precautions I have always taken no matter where I have lived. If you would change your life because you heard about a crime near you perhaps you should make those changes now. At what point do you take precautions? When the crime is in another neighborhood? On another street? How many blocks away?
It is not beneath me to suggest you will find your tribe on TOB. It is a kindness to you. The group over there are your people. They will welcome and embrace you. You share their outlook, even their vocabulary.
It would be nice if information about what is going on would come from official sources. It doesn't -- and it won't. You are not going to change Mexico. You adapt to how it is or you don't. If you don't, then eventually you leave or you remain becoming more angry and bitter all the time. We all know people like that. It is not pretty.
Again, I recommend TOB. You will find plenty of people there who also insist anyone who is happy here is uninformed, in denial. They, like you, can not imagine anyone can be aware, informed, and happy all at the same time.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by perro dulce Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:03 pm

"It is not beneath me to suggest you will find your tribe on TOB. It is a kindness to you. The group over there are your people. They will welcome and embrace you. You share their outlook, even their vocabulary.
It would be nice if information about what is going on would come from official sources. It doesn't -- and it won't. You are not going to change Mexico. You adapt to how it is or you don't. If you don't, then eventually you leave or you remain becoming more angry and bitter all the time. We all know people like that. It is not pretty.
Again, I recommend TOB. You will find plenty of people there who also insist anyone who is happy here is uninformed, in denial. They, like you, can not imagine anyone can be aware, informed, and happy all at the same time. "

Funny funny...

Doesn't this board have a section which is gossp and bashing friendly for such comments... I suppose that your positive (lol) words belong in that poop section called the The Octagon & Political Crap.

Kinda amusing that one who spouts that they are positive could be found in that section eh? I gather you roam in those parts!

perro dulce

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:06 pm

When I was growing up. LR had the highest per capita murder rate in the US.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Good points, Lady O.
The only crime I've been a victim of was a meth head who came over our front wall when we were out for a quick dinner on our anniversary.  He couldn't get into our house (bars and good locks), so he turned off the water and set fire to our woodpile, right next to our living room window.
Fortunately, we returned in time to deal with the problem, but he had escaped, only to go to the neighbors' and create as much chaos there as possible.  He was caught by one of them but escaped again.
The next day, we called our contractor and more bars preventing access appeared out front.  No trouble since.  Basically, you are on your own, often with a formal or informal "neighborhood watch" team to help one another.

I'm not going to suggest you leave this board and post elsewhere.  I do suggest you learn to live with the way things are; protect your property and person as best you can, being aware that you'll receive no help from the police.  Many new people are appalled at the bars they see on property or the electrified fences. Those are not there to lock residents in:  they are to keep the bad guys out.  Very common in Europe.
In the U.S., lovely lawns are out front and sliding glass doors are frequent, but then, the police usually come when called and actually help.  Here, most of the beautiful gardens and homes are "behind the walls".  It works.
I'm wishing that you have the best of luck in having a good and peaceful life in Mexico.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Is that you Pedro/Ned?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 pm

You call yourself Perro Dulce and yet you are not very, so you should be able to understand that life is bitter and sweet. Neither life nor the people living it here are all either black or white. It seems painful for those trying to make it so. Learn to take it easy, Pedro. You'll live longer -- or at least happier more of the time.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 pm

Lucky Girl wrote:11 years in Mexico, and never a problem. Do problems exists? Certainly, there is no  perfect, peaceful Paradise on this earth.
Now, I do remember a pickup load of rednecks driving down the road on a Sunday morning in Little Rock, AR  shooting guns and pistols , one block from the governor's mansion, half a block from our house, as people were getting out of church. Think any cops showed up? Call 011 and the dispatcher is likely to ask you how dangerous you think the situation is, cause they don't want to sent officers in harms way. Never mind all the crooked, racist cops north of the border, just like they have always been. And only a dreamer thinks this only happens in the inner cities! The good old boys in the boondocks are alive and well--- just try having the wrong skin color or religion!
So I have no problem taking my chances here, using common sense and not spreading wild rumors based on he/she heard

I would like to know what 911 operator anywhere in the United States has ever said that.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next