INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving to Guadalajara

+9
Solovino
Chico
MexicoPete
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
hockables
Ricardo
johninajijic
SunsetKid
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Driving to Guadalajara - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving to Guadalajara

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:45 am

The problem is paying too much.. if you are on limited income and have to go to Guadalajarafor medicalthats bad. I have friends in tx that don't pay that for round trip it's about the same mileage.some people can afford to pay more nothing wrong with that but to inflate the prices too high affects others.

espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 am

I agree that 750 is really too high even for a whole day in Guad. I don't know if the drivers got together and decided that is the price. But I would think with the downturn in economy that prices would get more competative - the guy above is obviously charging less. But also remember, in Guadalajara with all the stop and go and making several stops, gas can run as much as 200 pesos for the trip, so the guy that is charging 600 is probably making 400 pesos - still pretty high but what can you do if it's the only way to get there.

But to the original poster, thanks for the info on your guy, I'll pass it on to my friends who need medical visits.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 am

Everyone should pay what is fair. What is fair to me may not be fair to you or we have different income levels.
I know two people who take people to Doctors and anywhere else in GDL. One charges $ 200. pesos/hour, she is a translator, hospital companion and does tours and airport trips. The other charges $ 800. pesos total for about 5 hours.

It will also make a difference whose car they use. Using their own vehicle, you need to figure at least $ 150 pesos for their gas. And what about Insurance and wear and tear on the car? And what about the safety factor of you not having to drive as you enjoy a stress free trip. Isn't that worth something?

Also, figure $ 200. pesos an hour/exchange rate of 14 = $ 14.25 US. I personally don't think that it's too much money.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:29 am

"And what about the safety factor of you not having to drive as you enjoy a stress free trip. Isn't that worth something?"

There are those of us who consider riding in a vehicle with another person driving to be a very high stress experience. Just saying!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2