INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driving to Guadalajara

+9
Solovino
Chico
MexicoPete
CheenaGringo
CanuckBob
hockables
Ricardo
johninajijic
SunsetKid
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Driving to Guadalajara Empty Driving to Guadalajara

Post by SunsetKid Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 am

Hola!

This is for those who do not like to drive to Guadalajara. I sure don't. My wife recently had eye surgery and we found a driver who took us there and back for a very reasonable fee. He speaks perfect english and spanish. He helped with the paperwork and communication. He also filled us in on areas as we drove. We plan on taking trips to other areas and he will be our first choice.
He is a great guy and we had fun. He took all the stress out of all our trips.
His name is Javier Guardado.
Office 376-766-3233 Cell 331-012-6418 email perdido_elefante@live.com
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Driving to Guadalajara Empty Re: Driving to Guadalajara

Post by johninajijic Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 am

How many pesos per hour?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Driving to Guadalajara Empty Pesos

Post by SunsetKid Wed May 30, 2012 9:30 am

Well we went to the doctor and then Costco and then out for lunch. About 5 hours for 600 pesos.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 30, 2012 9:36 am

SunsetKid wrote:Well we went to the doctor and then Costco and then out for lunch. About 5 hours for 600 pesos.

Very cheap. I don't see how he can make any money. I hope you tipped him well.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Driving to Guadalajara Empty We Did

Post by SunsetKid Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 am

We did of course(probably not enough). It was well worth it. Nice person. We really enjoyed him.
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 pm

johninajijic wrote:
SunsetKid wrote:Well we went to the doctor and then Costco and then out for lunch. About 5 hours for 600 pesos.

A princely wage by Mexican standards.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Driving in Guad is like NASCAR... how could U not love it?

... U wanna Cheap Thrill... Next time out I'll Post for a Navigator or a Tail Gunner...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Jajaja......I love driving in Guadalajara. My heart races every few minutes there. Coming from Hongcouver (no offense CG) GDL is a walk in the park.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm

CB:

I don't know why I would take offense? I really enjoy driving in Mexico and the safety of the highways!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 30, 2012 4:08 pm

I didn't want my "hongcouver" comment to be considered as a slight to all my Asian friends.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed May 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Yes, it's just north of the Airport which is in "RichMan". Right now I'm about two hours south thereof.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Ricardo wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

I agree. A princely wage for five hours, including a free lunch. I may hold the record for being ripped off by a taxi driver. Called someone I had used before to go to GDL to pick up a friend being released after a surgical procedure and return him to his home in Ajijic. Never thought to ask what the cost would be. BIG MISTAKE!!!!. This was a four hour trip and the taxi driver charged me 900 pesos. I was beside myself. He did not make it any better by telling me that his usual charge was 1100 pesos, but he gave me a discount because he liked me. As most of us know 1100 pesos is about a week's wage for a semi-professional bi lingual Mexican here, and I mean 5.5 days a week. Needless to say, this taxi driver will never, ever hear from me again. Actuallly, getting pissed off again at myself as I write this for my stupidity and misplaced trust. Chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Who's car did he drive?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed May 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Chico wrote:
Ricardo wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

I agree. A princely wage for five hours, including a free lunch. I may hold the record for being ripped off by a taxi driver. Called someone I had used before to go to GDL to pick up a friend being released after a surgical procedure and return him to his home in Ajijic. Never thought to ask what the cost would be. BIG MISTAKE!!!!. This was a four hour trip and the taxi driver charged me 900 pesos. I was beside myself. He did not make it any better by telling me that his usual charge was 1100 pesos, but he gave me a discount because he liked me. As most of us know 1100 pesos is about a week's wage for a semi-professional bi lingual Mexican here, and I mean 5.5 days a week. Needless to say, this taxi driver will never, ever hear from me again. Actuallly, getting pissed off again at myself as I write this for my stupidity and misplaced trust. Chico

We heard this story from you not so long ago. What name were you posting under then?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed May 30, 2012 6:20 pm

johninajijic wrote:

Disagree. 500 pesos for five hours and a free lunch should have been more than enough and with no tip. chico.

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Solovino wrote:
Chico wrote:
Ricardo wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

We heard this story from you not so long ago. What name were you posting under then?

Solvino junior. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed May 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Solovino wrote:
Chico wrote:
Ricardo wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Solvino junior. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Chico wrote:

Solvino junior. chico

Terry? Fug? Zoey?

Keep it up and you'll soon surpass Sybil.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Solovino wrote:
Chico wrote:
Ricardo wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Solvino jr, daddy. Want to emulate your always positive and helpful posts to the best of my ability. Chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed May 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Would be fair the higher price for a regular cabbie who might pay higher insurance and who has the expectation of other clients and business versus someone who just has their own car and needs to money.

Private drivers are always less than people who are in the taxi or driving business.

I was working in Mexico, DF and hired a private driver to take me around for 4 days as it was cheaper than a cab. Cabs charge alot, a trip to or from Guad to Chapala is easily 400 to 500 pesos and waiting time is extra.

It is apples to oranges to compare what some people make on a fixed salary as compared to those who wait for occasional income and still need to pay the bills.

If you want cheap take the bus to Guad and then take taxis inside the city and no cabbie has to wait and you will get there with A-C and probably pay less.

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Driving to Guadalajara Empty Whoa

Post by SunsetKid Wed May 30, 2012 8:47 pm

you know folks my post was not intended to start a feeding frenzy. Just wanted to report what I thought was a very positive experience that I had.
Chill out!
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Chico wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Disagree. 500 pesos for five hours and a free lunch should have been more than enough and with no tip. chico.

We don't need CHEAP people like you here at Lakeside. Most drivers charge waaaay above that.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Anybody that likes Bill Maher is OK with me

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 pm

The normal fee for a driver to Guadalajara being charged now is 750 pesos. Several friends who needed doctors appointments and don't drive there have paid that. Yes it seems high but if that is what everyone is charging what can you do if you don't drive. Your driver is the best price I have heard of. for 5 hours in Guadalajara on the past 3 years.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:45 am

The problem is paying too much.. if you are on limited income and have to go to Guadalajarafor medicalthats bad. I have friends in tx that don't pay that for round trip it's about the same mileage.some people can afford to pay more nothing wrong with that but to inflate the prices too high affects others.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next