INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telecable Internet

+13
espíritu del lago
LMarkoya
Jim W
Grizzy
martygraw
bobnliz
gatosigi
Trailrunner
Jerry00
Zedinmexico
MexicoPete
Mainecoons
johninajijic
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telecable Internet Empty Re: Telecable Internet

Post by johninajijic Sun May 27, 2012 11:13 pm

My renter pays 299 pesos for his telmex infinitum. Our Community is wired for DSL.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 28, 2012 7:15 am

Well we pay 599 and get 299 service which they refuse to correct. A neighbor behind me has the same problem which is why we are looking at alternatives.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 am

It's darned frustrating. I'm in the same situation as you Maincoons. Because I get good digital TV these days from Telecable, I am seriously thinking of trying out their internet once the upgrade through Ajijic this summer is completed.

If there reliablity has improved, I shall drop Telmex's internet. Oh I also use Lagunanet which I shall keep.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 7:36 am

It goes up in two levels over time. Last september I signed up for the 599
deal and got 2 down and .22 up. A couple of months later it is 3 down and
.30 up. A couple of months after that it went to 5 down and .62 up. VOIP
was marginal with .22 up runs pretty good with .62.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 am

Everybody complains about how slow the internet is. I guess they were not here when the only service was lagunanet dial up service and that was so sloooow.

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am

True, Jerry00! You got that right.

OR, when there wasn't even any phone service at all and you had to line up at the farmacia and sit on the floor waiting for the girl to signal you which phone booth had an operator waiting to connect you.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Mon May 28, 2012 9:00 am

(Upper Ajijic) I signed up a couple years ago for 5 down, recently doubled to 10 down, 1.7 up. When it works, it usually gives the "up-to" speed which I think is amazing compared to other systems I have used. There have been periods when the service is fairly stable but during the recent upgrades there are frequent down times.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon May 28, 2012 9:19 am

I have Lagunanet High speed and it works just fine. People complained about Lagunanet and switched to Infinitum. Every time someone posts here about Infinitum being so slow, I sit here and laugh at those fools that switched. And some are paying 599 pesos for what to make Carlos Slim richer?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon May 28, 2012 9:26 am

Trailrunner wrote:True, Jerry00! You got that right.

OR, when there wasn't even any phone service at all and you had to line up at the farmacia and sit on the floor waiting for the girl to signal you which phone booth had an operator waiting to connect you.

Oh my... I remember that.... or going down to the tiendita at the bottom of the hill at Vista del Lago and making drawings in my sketchbook while my aunt placed calls. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 am

Got to agree with John on this one. We have had Lagunanet for 8 years now, and while it may not be the fastest (3000 down), it has less downtime than either Telmex or Telecable. Also if you have a problem, Rod looks after it pronto.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon May 28, 2012 11:13 am

Good service is hard to top. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 pm

The 599 pesos is the 2mb service. It also includes your phone, 100 minutes
of US calls, long distance in Mexico and so many (200) free local calls. The
4mb service is 999P with much more generous phone service. So unless
something has changed you are getting what they promised which is 2mb
unless you folks got sent something that changed this.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 28, 2012 3:36 pm

No Zed, I'm sitting here looking at the brochure I picked up at their office. You are citing the old level of service. At the end of last year, they improved the level of service for each tier. They even put something in our bill saying we were going to be sped up. It never happened despite the fact that I even paid a Mexican computer guy to call them and go over the problem in Spanish and they assured him that we were correct and due the speed up. That was 3 months ago.

At about the same time, my neighbor at Villa Eucaliptos subscribed to the 599 service and got the 5MB speed per the brochure, plus the long distance and local calls. I've clocked his wifi a number of times and he's getting a rock solid 5MB for the same money I am getting a lousy 2MB that often slows down to less than one. The ONLY difference is that they put him on the new faster server that we were supposed to be moved to.

I'm getting good feedback on the improved Telecable service. Since we already have their TV service, it will be an easy matter to add their internet.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

What Mainecoons said. They advertise 5MB for 599 pesos but if you were already a subscriber you may or may not have been upgraded. I have not but the new tenant in the casita on my property has been. When I call they say they are working on the upgrades and when the telmex internet goes out, which it does every ten days or so, they say they have been working on the upgrade. But I am lucky if I get 1.25 upload speed despite paying for 5MB.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 pm

I think you meant download speed, otherwise your experience is exactly like ours.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon May 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Where I live, in upper Ajijic, my Telmex connection is very reliable. I have the middle $599 or the "Paquete Acerques" plan. The old speed was up to (hasta) 2 megs down. And I have always gotten about 75 to 80% thereof. Then about 2 years ago they started promising to more than double that speed to up to 5 megs down.

They first started saying that we would all be upgraded by the end of 2010, when that didn't happen they said by the summer of 2011, then they said it would done after the PanAm games. And finallythey said later this spring. Well guess what?

They backed out of their promises and are now saying we can have the higher speed if we pay more. Here is a link to that site

[url=packages]http://www.telmex.com.mx/hogar/paquetes.html[/url]

EDIT: Darn I can't get that link above to work.

So if you are lucky and have the higher speeds good for you, but when that question was asked at the LCS computer club, last month, I think less than 20% of them had been upgraded for free.

So yes I would love to try Telecable once they have rewired as far West as Ajijic. I like their pricing structure.

I still use www.laguna.com.mx as my primary ISP

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Mainecoons wrote:No Zed, I'm sitting here looking at the brochure I picked up at their office. You are citing the old level of service. At the end of last year, they improved the level of service for each tier. They even put something in our bill saying we were going to be sped up. It never happened despite the fact that I even paid a Mexican computer guy to call them and go over the problem in Spanish and they assured him that we were correct and due the speed up. That was 3 months ago.

At about the same time, my neighbor at Villa Eucaliptos subscribed to the 599 service and got the 5MB speed per the brochure, plus the long distance and local calls. I've clocked his wifi a number of times and he's getting a rock solid 5MB for the same money I am getting a lousy 2MB that often slows down to less than one. The ONLY difference is that they put him on the new faster server that we were supposed to be moved to.

I'm getting good feedback on the improved Telecable service. Since we already have their TV service, it will be an easy matter to add their internet.

All I am saying is you are an old customer on the 2MB plan and that is what they are giving you. I started out as a new
customer in september and got faster speeds. Yep I agree you are getting screwed but they are giving you what you
signed up for. That how legal weasel talk works. They have to give it to new customers but not to you. Kinda a bad
thing to do to a long term customer in my opinion. Hope they update you soon. Night and day difference especially
VOIP up loading.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon May 28, 2012 6:15 pm

When we bought our home, the previous owners had DSL, and Telmex refused us same. After 2 months, we were averaging over 150 calls for dial up/dropped calls, per month, which exceeds the monopoly, allowed calls per month, measured service. Paid the up charge! Finally wasted an hour @ Telmex . Went over bills and received a credit, as I asked the rep., in what world would one be expected to pay for calls for service/dropped calls from internet?

DSL in the Haciendas is better, but much slower than Ajijic...Just a FYI, if you have similar experience in other areas.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:No Zed, I'm sitting here looking at the brochure I picked up at their office. You are citing the old level of service. At the end of last year, they improved the level of service for each tier. They even put something in our bill saying we were going to be sped up. It never happened despite the fact that I even paid a Mexican computer guy to call them and go over the problem in Spanish and they assured him that we were correct and due the speed up. That was 3 months ago.

All I am saying is you are an old customer on the 2MB plan and that is what they are giving you. I started out as a new
customer in september and got faster speeds. Yep I agree you are getting screwed but they are giving you what you
signed up for. That how legal weasel talk works. They have to give it to new customers but not to you. Kinda a bad
thing to do to a long term customer in my opinion. Hope they update you soon. Night and day difference especially
VOIP up loading.

Z

That would be true except that they specifically told us IN WRITING that we would be increased in speed around the first of the year. They haven't honored that written promise, period.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

VOIP up loading.

Z

That would be true except that they specifically told us IN WRITING that we would be increased in speed around the first of the year. They haven't honored that written promise, period.

Well that sucks...nothing more to be said other than a bad way to do business with a customer.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 am

Interestingly, I'm finding that we are far from the only ones here getting shafted like this.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 am

Exactly how you are treated by cable companies NOB until you call and threaten to change service....usually that will get you the upgrade plan and better pricing
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue May 29, 2012 8:19 am

isn't that the truth.. ^^^^^^^
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue May 29, 2012 9:44 am

That doesn't seem to work so hot with TelMex. Several months of trying to work with them has accomplished nothing.

Let's hope the Telecable service is OK because we're going to switch to it.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue May 29, 2012 10:31 am

Telecable Internet 1978091028

This 10.29am today. Telmex in Upper Riberas, 599.00 plan
DaveP
DaveP