INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's raqueteer?

+19
martygraw
slainte39
mattoleriver
Jim W
CheenaGringo
hockables
David
Parker
E-raq
espĂ­ritu del lago
Mainecoons
gringal
simpsca
RoofBob
viajero
ferret
oncesubtle
Chapalagringa
Solovino
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where's raqueteer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where's raqueteer?

Post by E-raq Sun May 27, 2012 5:46 pm

ferret wrote:
viajero wrote:Great to have you back E-Raq!and thank you Solovino for getting the ball rolling.

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
Thanks Solovino! Sharpen your wit...the Raq is back...:)
Welcome back E-Raq with your new super powers and thicker skin...may the force be with you.

And to you as well my friend. ;-)

Beer

E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun May 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Bienvenidos E-Raq!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun May 27, 2012 5:59 pm

David wrote:Bienvenidos E-Raq!

OMG David in only a few weeks you have become waaay older, and undoubtedly wiser.

Cheers,
raq
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Good to have you back, Raq! Thumbs up

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm

gringal wrote:Good to have you back, Raq! Thumbs up

Thanks, good to be back. Now, since it's happy hour, and i don't have the new mandatory(?) breathalyzer installed yet, I'm figuring I'll be exiting the sandbox for the evening.
Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun May 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Cheers!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun May 27, 2012 7:04 pm

E-raq wrote:
David wrote:Bienvenidos E-Raq!

OMG David in only a few weeks you have become waaay older, and undoubtedly wiser.

Cheers,
raq

OMG A few Weeks!!
Howdja do it?
Didja have Withdrawals ?

Good ta see ya again... hope things are back to normal in Rac Club

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

viajero wrote:MC for a Libertarion you sure seem to want to impose a lot of rules on this board.

Being a libertarian doesn't preclude being civil and sticking to issues instead of personal attacks. Try it, you might like it.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I just asked where she was. Didn't say nothing about posting again.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm

If this post by MC is an example of the manner in which he thinks a forum should be run - he might think about starting his own forum where he can control conversations. Chris's post was hardly a personal attack and we have all certainly seen far worse come from MC's fingers! OH, wait a minute I forgot, it is all about MC being in control. I used the term alternate universe in another post but maybe I should have saved it for this line of thought?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun May 27, 2012 8:31 pm

I consider Raq my friend...we have similar issues...When she is ready she will return...Raq is a great person, and I miss her...jim w

Last edited by Jim W on Sun May 27, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Solovino wrote:I just asked where she was. Didn't say nothing about posting again.
Too late Solo you've already shown your true colors.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm

E-raq wrote:
gringal wrote:Good to have you back, Raq! Thumbs up

Thanks, good to be back. Now, since it's happy hour, and i don't have the new mandatory(?) breathalyzer installed yet, I'm figuring I'll be exiting the sandbox for the evening.
Beer
I know Raq me Jim, me be bad Blackeye You bring energy...to the board...welcome back...beautiful woman Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Now that Raq is back in the fold where is Leher?
There was a thread similar to this one but it spun way out of control and never did get resolved.
https://lakechapalainfo.forumotion.net/t3452-where-s-the-teach?highlight=Where+s+the+Teach

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 28, 2012 7:13 am

CheenaGringo wrote:If this post by MC is an example of the manner in which he thinks a forum should be run - he might think about starting his own forum where he can control conversations. Chris's post was hardly a personal attack and we have all certainly seen far worse come from MC's fingers! OH, wait a minute I forgot, it is all about MC being in control. I used the term alternate universe in another post but maybe I should have saved it for this line of thought?

True, however I wasn't referring to that specific post as a personal attack which is clear if you read what I actually posted. I was addressing his confusion between abusive and personal speech and the free political expression advocated by libertarians. Hope this clears up your confusion. BTW, your post is a good example of getting personal versus actually addressing the point I made, pehaps that is why you are reacting to a comment that wasn't even directed to you. Did I hit a little too close to home?

There a group here, many who have been tossed from other board or boards, who can't seem to disagree with others without getting personal and often quite abusive and profane. My comment was and is addressed to that group. It is a big turnoff for people who aren't confused about the difference between civility and free speech and causes this board to lose the latter regularly, as per Racqueteer's exit.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 am

MC:

After all this time, the light bulb finally came on and I realized your standard diversionary tactic - accuse anyone responding to one of your posts of not reading your post correctly! Could it be that you(the poster) is intentionally posting in a vague manner or is your writing style not to be understood by the common person?

"disagree with others without getting personal and often quite abusive and profane". Maybe so, but how many members of this forum have actually threatened someone with physical harm in the manner you did? Or did I misread that too?

"as per Racqueteer's exit." Unlike yourself using Raqueteer's exit to substantiate your point, I would think it be more prudent to accept the fact that there were probably numerous factors in her decision?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon May 28, 2012 11:29 am

Solovino wrote:I just asked where she was. Didn't say nothing about posting again.

Pandora's box? Very Happy

On another disagreement brewing here: Maybe the threat of a personal physical attack doesn't carry as much weight as a personal verbal attack...you know "stick and stones may break my bones..." Or is it the other way around? scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Mon May 28, 2012 11:36 am

Whatever. Perhaps you are reacting so strongly because my suggestion that the personal nastiness hits a little too close to home for you. Otherwise, why did you interject yourself into a civil exchange that didn't involve you.

Let's review what was actually posted:

Chris said this:

MC for a Libertarion you sure seem to want to impose a lot of rules on this board.

So there were two things that suggested confusion here. To start with, I did not propose any rules for this board. I am not its "owner" and I am not a moderator. I suggested that a little VOLUNTARY civility might go a long way to improving the level of discourse and the attractiveness of the board to others. So Chris was incorrect in accusing me of proposing rules here.

Secondly, I addressed Chris's confusion between civility of discourse and free and open discussion and disagreement. One really can disagree with someone without being a churl, in fact, resorting to nastiness and namecalling suggests that the perpetrator can't defend his own ideas.

In any case, none of this has to do with Libertarianism. It has to do with personal behavior.

Unlike yourself CG, I am not perfect and hence sometimes let someone who is particularly nasty and aggravating get under my skin. I've been working on that. You might want to do so also, purely voluntary.

I don't apologize for offering Martygraw the opportunity to deal with his apparent problem with me man to man. When someone gets that nasty and personal and pursues it over a number of boards, and engages in slander in a small community like this, one deserves the opportunity to come out from hiding behind their keyboard and settle things like men. He hasn't taken the offer but it still stands, as does the opportunity to apologize for his behavior.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon May 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Have you actually met Martgraw?

I have.... he and his lovely wife are most gratious & generous hosts... and he stocks some of the best Scotch in all of Mexico

My wife and I went to meet and visit with... we arrived at 3pm and before we knew it... it was 10pm

These are great folks

Some here... including myself, are only here for a little fun... and the odd tidbit of info....

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Mon May 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Thank you Hock, and well said
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon May 28, 2012 12:07 pm

MC,no confusion on my part,I call them like I see them, always have,when someone makes an ignorant or racist remark I respond,it's my nature.Look at who I've had the most differences with susan,proraider,eveningson and John,three of them banned and one given timeouts.Heck I've never been banned from any forum,not even the oh so PC Mexconnect.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I both agree and disagree with some of the POV's expressed by the previous posters.
I'm female, which definitely influences my notion that I have an option to duke it out with some other poster who gets nasty with me. I could be easily squashed to a pulp by most of you guys, so l wonder where this testosterone loaded talk is coming from. Not from their brains, that's for sure.

Some people just take an instant dislike to other people. They can't help it, it's just THERE. We're human. But how hard is it to disagree, even get a little snarky in the process, rather than polluting an otherwise good board with some of the extremities people resort to?

I'm not talking about making rules. I'm talking about using your brains to know when enough is enough.......on your own volition? If you really can't stand someone........FOE them and ignore them.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 28, 2012 12:12 pm

hockables wrote:Have you actually met Martgraw?

I have.... he and his lovely wife are most gratious & generous hosts... and he stocks some of the best Scotch in all of Mexico

My wife and I went to meet and visit with... we arrived at 3pm and before we knew it... it was 10pm

These are great folks

Some here... including myself, are only here for a little fun... and the odd tidbit of info....

Yeah! What he said. I always enjoy my time spent with the Graws. They are kind and caring people who know how to have a good time.

I have no knowledge of any altercation between the Coons and the Graws and I don't need or want to know. I think, MC, you would be much happier over at the other board. . .where you actually ARE in control.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon May 28, 2012 12:16 pm

viajero wrote:when someone makes an ignorant or racist remark I respond,it's my nature.
Heck I've never been banned from any forum,not even the oh so PC Mexconnect.

Beer then U're not trying hard enough...lol
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Seems to me that 90% of the gibberish is caused by alcohol (drugs?) and 10% by "know it alls" that seem to have to comment on everything and disagree on most things. The alcohol fueled crap pisses me off the most as it usually ends with one or both parties trying to involve me. Some of the "know it alls" do know something sometimes they just need to learn when to button it up.......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Mainecoons wrote:This should be a heads up for some here to curb their extreme nastiness and personal comments. Say what you want to about TOB but this is one aspect of board management they have correct.

Racqueteer, hope you will return.
MC, I disagree. If you have any ideas on how to moderate and improve this board I would like to hear them. Thanks
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next