INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Nook won't connect to telmex

+9
rckrckr
CheenaGringo
MexicoPete
Irish Gal
johninajijic
Trailrunner
jackak10
merry
Grizzy
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Nook won't connect to telmex - Page 2 Empty Re: New Nook won't connect to telmex

Post by frkshnwa Sat May 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Not sure why some of you are having trouble downloading apps for Kindle Fire. We have two of them and download apps all the time using our WiFi and Telmex DCL service. I would suspect that it has something to do with your security and payment setup with Amazon. We set ours up north of the border and they have worked flawlessly down here. We go a message about being in Mexico when we first arrived and answered some questions about security and then they worked fine after that. I think it just wanted to confirm that we were using the service outside the US and that the devices had not been stolen and using our credit card account.

Also in regard to the problem ZedinMexico made reference to about having problems with NetTalk VOIP....we brought down a NetTalk VOIP device with us that was set up in the states and it is working very well or at least it is as dependable as the TelMex DCL is which is frustrating at times of high demand.

frkshnwa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Nook won't connect to telmex - Page 2 Empty Re: New Nook won't connect to telmex

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 6:10 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
martygraw wrote:I have a Kindle Fire and have no trouble downloading books in Mexico. But when it comes to aps, music or vid,s there is no way.
It's not straightforward, but it does work for everything. Just a learning curve.

When you say "there is no way" it is hard to troubleshoot.... can you be more specific?

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 pm

I bought my Kindle in Vegas and reg. it with an address in Vegas. However I have a Canadian credit card and even tho I changed the address with Capital One in Canada, they sau I need a US card.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 7:02 pm

martygraw wrote:I bought my Kindle in Vegas and reg. it with an address in Vegas. However I have a Canadian credit card and even tho I changed the address with Capital One in Canada, they sau I need a US card.

Eh! If you want it to be a Canadian Kindle you have to use a Canadian credit card. If you want it to be a US Kindle you have to use a US credit card.

If you don't have one, but want a US Kindle anyway, do you have a very close and trusted relative who lives in the states who will set up a joint Amazon account with you using their US credit card? The good part about that is they also have a US IP Address and you don't have to go through all the crazy proxy stuff to register the account.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 27, 2012 9:07 am

[quote="HelperGuy"][quote="Zedinmexico"]
rckrckr wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Funny my nettalk external module (VOIP) that plugs directly into my router only works if I plug another router into the Telmex router and plug the nettalk module into the second router. Go figure but much easier than trying to undue Telmex obvious restrictions. Anybody know of Telmex
setting that can be changed so I can scrap my second router?Z
This indicates a connectivity problem that has to do with addressing the various network components. TelMex has NO restrictions of the sort that people might imagine. Your problem just requires a little troubleshooting, and is more than likely a fairly simple fix.

Well I have not found anybody who could tell me why it behaves like this and I can't even find out how to access the wifi/hub/router from Telmex model HG530
two wire I think is what this is called. No external Antenna. Do you have any ideas as two hubs is a waste of electricity?

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 27, 2012 9:55 am

Just for the record, I never said/wrote the above quote. Have no idea how it became attributed to me, I don't even have a clue what it means! lol
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 27, 2012 10:32 am

Trailrunner wrote:Just for the record, I never said/wrote the above quote. Have no idea how it became attributed to me, I don't even have a clue what it means! lol

Yes you are right it was me that was being quoted.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sun May 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Looks like botched editing from something Zed wrote. He always signs with a Z. "Anybody know of Telmex setting that can be changed so I can scrap my second router?Z"

Sorry Zed, are you married to wireless or can you use a LAN cable to get rid of the second box? It's inelegant, I know.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 7:43 am

merry wrote:Looks like botched editing from something Zed wrote. He always signs with a Z. "Anybody know of Telmex setting that can be changed so I can scrap my second router?Z"

Sorry Zed, are you married to wireless or can you use a LAN cable to get rid of the second box? It's inelegant, I know.

Merry

I really would like to know why? No point connecting it to a computer it has the same effect as putting a second router behind the telmex 2 wire box.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon May 28, 2012 8:48 am

[quote="Zedinmexico"][quote="HelperGuy"]
Zedinmexico wrote:
rckrckr wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Funny my nettalk external module (VOIP) that plugs directly into my router only works if I plug another router into the Telmex router and plug the nettalk module into the second router. Go figure but much easier than trying to undue Telmex obvious restrictions. Anybody know of Telmex
This indicates a connectivity problem that has to do with addressing the various network components. TelMex has NO restrictions of the sort that people might imagine. Your problem just requires a little troubleshooting, and is more than likely a fairly simple fix.

Well I have not found anybody who could tell me why it behaves like this and I can't even find out how to access the wifi/hub/router from Telmex model HG530
two wire I think is what this is called. No external Antenna. Do you have any ideas as two hubs is a waste of electricity?

Z
I'd have to get my hands on the setup to figure out what's going on, but the second unit is probably acting as the modem. This usually indicates that the first unit has been set up as a bridge to pass that info to the second one, in which case you would not be able to use the ports on the actual modem to work the way you would expect.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 8:56 am

[quote="HelperGuy"][quote="Zedinmexico"]
HelperGuy wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:
rckrckr wrote:

Z
I'd have to get my hands on the setup to figure out what's going on, but the second unit is probably acting as the modem. This usually indicates that the first unit has been set up as a bridge to pass that info to the second one, in which case you would not be able to use the ports on the actual modem to work the way you would expect.

Yes I know but up north they generally have switches to change this. Nothing is switchable on the 2 wire and I have no idea how to access the settings.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 am

There is quite a procedure to actually turn this on with the TelMex boxes. If that is what has happened, then it can be reverted.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon May 28, 2012 5:30 pm

HelperGuy wrote:There is quite a procedure to actually turn this on with the TelMex boxes. If that is what has happened, then it can be reverted.

Box was set up correctly. Anybody have any other ideas? We plugged in another telmex modem and it did the same thing.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2