INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS

+9
Southbound
MitchBeck
saege007
Gamina
Intercasa
Mainecoons
Mad_Max
Traveller
manymoonsago
13 posters

Go down

POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS Empty POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS

Post by manymoonsago Tue May 15, 2012 5:11 pm

I was backtracking to check on some information and the Wall on Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia's Facebook page suddenly looks like this:

Wall
RECENT ACTIVITY
Por Una likes Juan O'shea Cuevas (Página Oficial). · Like Page · Find More Pages
There are no more posts to show.

Photo Album of the missing persons is still intact.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS Empty Re: POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS

Post by Traveller Tue May 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Yup. There was something controversial and it's gone. Now there are three posts about peace marches/security meetings. Everything's just ducky here in sunny Lakeside...
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS Empty Re: POR UNA RIBERA SIN VIOLENCIA -- FACEBOOK PAGE WIPED CLEAN OF POSTINGS

Post by Mad_Max Tue May 15, 2012 6:16 pm

I am still finding good stuff there. One post is very interesting - tells people to report information to the Army and Navy - and not the corrupt local authorities - https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=437928306219356&id=100003817092921

Also - Here is a real interesting article - worth reading - that the Chapala violence was foretold - http://www.proceso.com.mx/?p=265601

And yeah - who needs another peace march - one now scheduled next Wednesday - starting at the hotel Monte Carlo.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Tue May 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Frankly, I don't know how Facebook works. Who would have wiped out the content, the page owner or Facebook?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue May 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Frankly, I don't know how Facebook works. Who would have wiped out the content, the page owner or Facebook?
I am guessing the owner deletes content that might be objectionable or off topic - as I recall there was a posting about that a few days ago. I do check it several times a day - as it sometimes is a good source of information - and sometimes not much is there.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Tue May 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Ordinarily the page owner or anyone with access to the account and password would be the one to remove content or limit viewing to people who have been "friended".

Wanted to re-read the post about notifying navy or army instead of local police because there was something about the way it was written that didn't pass muster w/ me the first time through.

It's getting to the point anymore that if I speed through something I might want to re-read, I need to copy and paste it for a personal archive!
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Here is a sloppy google translate version of the notice to contact the Army or Navy not local authorities

Here are a few tips for how to make a complaint anonymously. How to make a complaint anonymously?
1. Report only the Army and Navy. Do not report to any police or anyone else other than Army and Navy. Many local police forces are allied, not acting with your complaint.
2. Report only the official numbers of Army and Navy. These can be found by accessing the official web sites on the Internet. The Army website is http://www.sedena.gob.mx/ When you enter you will see in the bottom of the site, a box marked "Citizen Complaint" to give here will open a pdf document with mobile of each military zone. Also the free phone 47 71 01800832 to citizen complaint. If you call this toll free number you take the complaint, but I suggest you also denuncies in the local number of the military zone or nearest garrison. The most practical and quickest answer is to report on the local number of the military zone or nearest garrison. The Navy website is http://www.semar.gob.mx/ Upon entering the site, you'll see half of right hand page with a picture phone to citizen complaint. The toll free number of the Navy for the interior of the republic is 01 800 627 4621 and Mexico City is 5624 6000. In the Naval Commands directory, also within SEMAR page you can check the local telephone to make complaint at the point closest to your city.
3. The complaint must be 100% anonymous. When you call the Army or Navy, and make your complaint, do not ask any personal information. Neither your name or address, or telephone. Nothing. Do not ask for any information about your identity.
4. Report from a payphone. Under no circumstances calling from your cell phone or from your home or business. This is the most important. Make sure it is 100% anonymous, and not to any element that may be associated with your identity. Make a complaint from a payphone. You should be brief and concise in your report, to end as soon as possible. Watch your surroundings while on the telephone. Make sure no one sees you or hears you. Before you see any suspicious situation, desists from making the report.
5. Try to provide as much information as possible. When you make your complaint will ask you details to determine whether the complaint is real and not a joke. Respond firmly and provides as much data as possible without revealing anything on your identity. You ask, "How did you hear?" Just answer concise and direct, "I saw" if you know or "I told one person who saw him." Never say things like "I live by" or "work around" they're affecting your anonymity. Ministry of Defence | sedena.gob.mx www.sedena.gob.mx Portal of the Ministry of National Defense - Federal Government - Mexico Share Secretariat of National Defense | sedena.gob.mx www . sedena.gob.mx Portal of the Ministry of National Defense - Federal Government - Mexico Secretariat of National Defense | sedena.gob.mx www.sedena.gob.mx Portal of the Ministry of National Defense - Gov Secretariat National Defense | sedena.gob.mx www.sedena.gob.mx Portal of the Ministry of National Defense - Gobie
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Tue May 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks! Did you just download this from Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia? Because I am still looking at an essentially empty Wall. Hey, maybe they blocked me...could happen....
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Tue May 15, 2012 6:51 pm

manymoonsago wrote:Thanks! Did you just download this from Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia? Because I am still looking at an essentially empty Wall. Hey, maybe they blocked me...could happen....
Maybe reboot your computer? Make sure you have friended them? (or whatever it is called)

I just checked - the post is still there but you have to scroll down - it is a few after one posted 19 hours ago - here is the spanish on facebook - then you have to click to expand the message.

Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia
RIBEREÑOS HAY QUE RECORDAR QUE LA UNION HACE LA FUERZA,PONGAMOS NUESTRO GRANITO DE ARENA Y HACER LAS DENUNCIAS DE TODO LO EXTRAÑO QUE VEAMOS, SI ESCUCHAMOS RUIDOS EXTRAÑOS, SI VEMOS GENTE RARA, NUEVOS VECINOS,VEHICULOS EXTRAÑOS Y SOSPECHOSOS,NO TENGAMOS MIEDO DE DENUNCIAR, HAGAMOSLO ANONIMO.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue May 15, 2012 7:08 pm

The state police have an anonymous reporting page

http://app.jalisco.gob.mx/Denuncia.nsf/DenunciaInternet?OpenForm
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue May 15, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm impressed with MadMax post of translation of Navy/Army report. It has the smartest info for reporting anonymously I've seen from any authority. It is VERY professional in it's item #3-5. I have never before seen, even thru CSI, this good advice about using a pay phone and not saying too much.

When people from Joco want to call the 800 number that goes to Canada, they ALWAYS go to a pay phone. Because they fear the cartels have tapped the 800 #. But from a pay phone and leaving the area right after, a person would be safe.

Unfortunately, the Army/Navy phone numbers are in Spanish so that will limit the number #/or ways that info can be given.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Tue May 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Pay phones are used so seldom today that I would think, especially after the post on Por Una, being seen using one would put a person at risk equal to or greater than using a cell phone with a blocked number. (!)

manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue May 15, 2012 10:58 pm

pay phones are used a great deal more down here than NOB. Using one is not unusual.

The FB page for Por Una Ribera.... is still all there, you just have to be a friend to read all the info. If you are not a friend, you can probably read the wall posts of those who have their settings to be read by 'friends of friends'.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchBeck Wed May 16, 2012 7:39 am

The whole site is wiped except for the meetings. I'm starting to think people are receiving threats.

MitchBeck

Back to top Go down

Post by Southbound Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 am

That would be more likely. I was very surprised that they left their friends list wide open with everyone's name on it. Not a good idea.

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Wed May 16, 2012 9:10 am

I just went to that site and everything is still there, are the people that can not see postings "friends" of this page?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 am

Don't forget: If you 'friend' ...... whoever 'owns' that page can see yours, including your photos, posts and who YOUR friends are.

If you want to 'friend' that ... then open another FB account.

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Wed May 16, 2012 11:45 am

Yes, if one did not "friend" the page before friending was required, can't see the page. MaggieL is correct that "friending" opens your own information to others. (Exposure goes beyond the owner of that page to their friends as well and your own friends see postings on Por Una Ribera.)
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed May 16, 2012 12:49 pm

looking at their site, their friends list is closed, you cannot see it. Also, if you friend them and DO NOT want them seeing anything of yours, put them on your "restricted" list. Then they can only see what the public sees of your Facebook, unless you have that wide open. I have all my settings to friends only. If I friend something like Por Una or CSI, I put them on my restricted list. To do that, when you are on their wall, after you have friended them and they have accepted the friendship, in the upper right corner there will be a rectangle button that says "friends" if you hover your mouse over it, it will give you a drop down menu of "Add to lists" scroll through your lists until you come to "restricted". select it.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Good idea, saege007. I had friended them some time ago but recently defriended them due to uncertainly. I will put them on restricted. They are a good source for local news.

Thanks. Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm

We do hope you will share all the news eh?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Good idea, saege007. I had friended them some time ago but recently defriended them due to uncertainly. I will put them on restricted. They are a good source for local news.

Thanks. Very Happy

It's the CSI group that has their friends list open to the public. Maybe some are confusing the two. I messaged CSI and asked them to please make it so no one but themselves can see the friends list, for the safety of everyone living down here.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Yes, Oncesublte.

Good point, I have friended CSI too. Will restrict them too. I care more about the Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia tho. Thanks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Recently Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia posted elaborate instructions for calling the army instead of the local police to report suspicious narco activity. Something about the instructions did not feel "right" to me so I dug a little deeper.

The instructions refers the reader to Sedena.gob.mx and to a tab entitled "citizen complaint" which opens up a multipage document giving email addresses and phone numbers for making complaints. The page also provides statistics for the number of complaints received through April, 2012 for each geographic area.

My sense was that calling the army about local crime problems was illogical and that the email addresses and phone numbers were intended to provide a channel for citizens to complain about the military, not for bypassing local and state police to report suspicious criminal behavior in the barrio.

So, I went back to the sedena.gob home page and entered "citizen complaint" in the search box to see if anything might pop up to explain the purpose/intent of the citizen complaint section.

Up popped a page explaining the constitutional rights of persons in Mexico, the use of the military to provide for the safety of the populace, etc., etc..

And, then, these two paragraphs:
"Because of actions performed by the Mexican Army and Air force, affecting financial structure and interest of organized crime, there are complaints filed by its members, in order to discredit the Armed Forces and limit their operations.
Nevertheless, when a Mexican Army and Air force member is involved in alleged Human Rights violations, the National Defense Secretariat immediately responds to complaints filed and recommendations issued by the National Commission for Human Rights."

Others may see it differently, but for me the instructions were as much a hoax as the previous FB posting on Por Una Ribera Sin Violencia purporting to be from the Mayor of Chapala announcing a curfew and I would take all "instructional" postings there with a very large grain of sel de mer.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down