INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crime Reports are Really Causing Me Grief

+17
Milena
SunsetKid
oncesubtle
David
CheenaGringo
VSOP
Trailrunner
borderreiver
Grizzy
hound dog
Traveller
bobnliz
gringal
ferret
simpsca
CanuckBob
NoCanDo
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crime Reports are Really Causing Me Grief - Page 2 Empty Re: Crime Reports are Really Causing Me Grief

Post by NoCanDo Tue May 15, 2012 3:18 pm

gringal wrote:I would suggest that you don't sing the praises of moving here right at this moment in time. It's not Mexico's finest hour. Very sad, but true.

Thanks, gringal. I would never do that to me or to her. I am coming to see for myself first. Period.

After that? We shall see.

NoCanDo

Back to top Go down

Crime Reports are Really Causing Me Grief - Page 2 Empty Re: Crime Reports are Really Causing Me Grief

Post by oncesubtle Tue May 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Sent you a PM (private message).
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Crime Reports are Really Causing Me Grief - Page 2 Empty Law enforcement

Post by SunsetKid Tue May 15, 2012 6:34 pm

For those that think law enforcement is doing anything. Lately the policia have patrolled my neighborhood at numerous times of the day ,night and early mornings. Local, State and Federal unmarked trucks are involved. Just now 4 unmarked Federale trucks dove by with a young male tight up in back. It sounds like where they went they were not allowed to enter and they broke in. sounds like a bust to me!
SunsetKid
SunsetKid
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue May 15, 2012 7:06 pm

NocanDo... there are lots of questions to consider when it comes to rent, buy. or lease?
Ferret is sooo right. There are different fits for everyone. If you research the situation thoroughly and explore all the options with your wife and partner... you will both arrive at the right choice for you.
Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Wed May 16, 2012 11:07 pm

simpsca wrote:I understand your concern. I have lived here 14 years and plan to stay. They pretty much seem to be killing each other or those involved in drugs in some way. There are just certain restaurants I avoid where guns may go off. But us NOB types are very social types and you will have a great time here.

Ah, well, no actually they are not any longer. Don't read the news reports? It is all over- the last rash of 30 kidnapped (18 dead, 12 escaped) were innocent victims grabbed off the streets, from bus stops, homes, businesses. And their latest threat is many more of same, women and children. There have already been several women taken in the past few days. It is one thing to try to gloss over the truth, but that statement was way off base.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu May 17, 2012 12:20 am

Milena - Read the post After the Meeting Would Someone Post the Results.

Milena quote - And their latest threat is many more of same, women and children. There have already been several women taken in the past few days. It is one thing to try to gloss over the truth, but that statement was way off base."

Several women taken?? No women were kidnapped in Joco.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 am

Looks like we need to double check our information... eh? My take is that one has to have the story check out with at least three sources.
MIS-information abounds, and hyperbole has become a habit... a bad habit at that.
...and we all know that hyperbole is quickly followed by hysteria.
Take a DEEP breath, Milena... Rolling Eyes Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Tue May 22, 2012 3:22 pm

johninajijic wrote:Milena - Read the post After the Meeting Would Someone Post the Results.

Milena quote - And their latest threat is many more of same, women and children. There have already been several women taken in the past few days. It is one thing to try to gloss over the truth, but that statement was way off base."

Several women taken?? No women were kidnapped in Joco.

John's right...There is a lot of fabrication & mob mentality going around. I also notice that the posters with the most concern, AND RIGHTFULLY SO, are single women, some that I know well. On Sunday in Jocotepec there were SEVEN full sized tour busses parked at the Malicon/park. The parking lot was full to the max. Familys were flying kites, riding the ferry boat, all the exercise machines were in use, many cook outs at the bar-b-q stations, etc. Just a normal Sunday in the park. Come on down, check it out...you are the only one who knows how to recon the situation and explain it to your spouse. I can't believe some of these posters who assume to know how to do that better than you and/or question your motives. mariachi

Last edited by GBATRUCKS on Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Anybody who has a Dr. Strangelove (Peter Sellers) picture I want to meet.
Nothing more to be said. Other than noticing GBATRUCKS is a black adder
fan. Must meet him also. I suddenly feel better knowing that others have
as much a strange sense of humor as I.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by NoCanDo Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:Anybody who has a Dr. Strangelove (Peter Sellers) picture I want to meet.

Z

Fair enough, Zedinmexico. What do you say if you and I knock back a couple of hundred beers when I arrive? Talk about old times? :)

NoCanDo

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 22, 2012 4:33 pm

GBATRUCKS _ Great and most informative post telling it like it is!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Tue May 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Nocando, welcome to the board. Actually life here in paradise is so wonderful that we have to invent problems, so we jump to conclusions and make far-out wild statements as much as possible. Millions and bazillions of people have a wonderful and safe and fun life here every day. Why they sensationalize the one in a bajillion crazy psycho killer is beyond me. It's just a lot more exciting than reporting "everyone's happy today!"

It seems to be a law of relativity that one member of a couple is more enthusiastic about being here than the other. Don't worry about that too much. My husband promised to retire here in five years, so when it hit five years I hit the road and moved here. I sure do miss him sometimes.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 pm

NoCanDo wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:Anybody who has a Dr. Strangelove (Peter Sellers) picture I want to meet.

Z

Fair enough, Zedinmexico. What do you say if you and I knock back a couple of hundred beers when I arrive? Talk about old times? :)

Some know me as Major Bat Guano....Now there was a guy with an attitude!!
Beer Very Happy Beer Very Happy
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue May 22, 2012 5:20 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:
NoCanDo wrote:

Z

Some know me as Major Bat Guano....Now there was a guy with an attitude!!
Beer Very Happy Beer Very Happy

Got a copy of Dr. Strangelove right here in my "Purity of Essense" hand. :-)

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Tue May 22, 2012 5:40 pm

YAHOOO.....YAHOOO!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzD-zGIJkbY
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoCanDo Tue May 22, 2012 5:47 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:YAHOOO.....YAHOOO!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzD-zGIJkbY

One of my favorite songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIFzR48ABqE&feature=related

NoCanDo

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Tue May 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Vera Lynn....a real talent. Now Cole Porter...Their's my guy!!
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoCanDo Tue May 22, 2012 6:00 pm

merry wrote:My husband promised to retire here in five years, so when it hit five years I hit the road and moved here. I sure do miss him sometimes.

Now that's funny! I like it.

NoCanDo

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Tue May 22, 2012 6:04 pm

NoCanDo wrote:
merry wrote:My husband promised to retire here in five years, so when it hit five years I hit the road and moved here. I sure do miss him sometimes.

... the rest of the time, not at all. [GRIN]

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoCanDo Tue May 22, 2012 7:21 pm

merry wrote:
NoCanDo wrote:

... the rest of the time, not at all. [GRIN]

Merry

Yes, I do like your sense of humor. You must be popular down yonder.

NoCanDo

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Tue May 22, 2012 7:22 pm

There is a grain (or more) of truth to all humor.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 am

Z

I was thinking the same thing - my favorite movie and Peter Sellers best!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2