INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apologize

+19
oncesubtle
hockables
SenorDorky
bobnliz
Parker
gringal
ferret
viajero
CheenaGringo
Sideways
espíritu del lago
johninajijic
Trailrunner
canadiangirl
David
CanuckBob
MexicoPete
kipissippi
prorader
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Apologize  - Page 2 Empty Re: Apologize

Post by espíritu del lago Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 pm

I was about to add that...spot on people also know what buttons to push with certain people. Look how they mess with John. He doesn't stop to think about how his words sound to others. Then there are those who don't have sense to just shut up. Always have to get the last word in. People don't have boundaries anymore.

espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 13, 2012 1:27 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:spot on people also know what buttons to push with certain people. Look how they mess with John. He doesn't stop to think about how his words sound to others.
I plead guilty.
The month of May,hottest month of the year here,hasn't rained since October,all the tragic stuff that's been going on lately.Come June the rains will come along and clean things up and bring cooler temps.Hopefully the "plaza" will cool down too and if John's posts become less insensitive I'll quit messin with him.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Then I'll guess you'll be messin' with him for life. John has no idea how insensitive some of his posts are...scary eh?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 13, 2012 1:46 pm

ferret wrote:Then I'll guess you'll be messin' with him for life. John has no idea how insensitive some of his posts are...scary eh?
Like they say here in Mexico"La esperanza muere al ultimo".

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Sideways wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Guanajuato or San Miguel would be my first two choices. I am sure there are many others that I haven't discovered yet!

Why should we bother to post here, where the mod/owner plans to move from Lakeside??? At least the OB owners are committed to Lakeside.

Mexconnect runs a successful board without the benefit of the owner/mod living in any of the specific areas, I believe.
Just IMO, CBOB is a little young for lakeside...........needs more nightlife than is provided here. I don't blame him for looking elsewhere, but I'd say he's a llttle too "real" for San Miguel........and I'm not going to explain that, folks. There certainly are some good people there, too. Still friends with them, though we seldom see them. Guanajuato sounds about right, providing he has a few mountain goat genes. But what the hey........if I were in his position.....why not go for the Big Mango and move to Mexico City for a while? An amazing city and enough action for anyone.
flag waver

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun May 13, 2012 2:54 pm

viajero wrote:
espíritu del lago wrote:spot on people also know what buttons to push with certain people. Look how they mess with John. He doesn't stop to think about how his words sound to others.
I plead guilty.
The month of May,hottest month of the year here,hasn't rained since October,all the tragic stuff that's been going on lately.Come June the rains will come along and clean things up and bring cooler temps.Hopefully the "plaza" will cool down too and if John's posts become less insensitive I'll quit messin with him.

You only mess with John because he’s an easy target and you’re too much of a “chicken shit” to mess with the “Big Guys”. Ha! Ha! Ha! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun May 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Sideways wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Guanajuato or San Miguel would be my first two choices. I am sure there are many others that I haven't discovered yet!

Why should we bother to post here, where the mod/owner plans to move from Lakeside??? At least the OB owners are committed to Lakeside.

With an attitude like that, no one cares if you post here, you don't have to. And we don't have to read it NEWBIE. Stay over on crapola.com with the other stupid newbies. I have been reading crapola.com lately. What a bunch of crap especially from newbies and those who think they know some solution to the drug problem. Oh yeah, and I think that's where a lot of rumours start too.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 pm

There's that "We" again. Blackeye
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun May 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Parker wrote:
viajero wrote:
I plead guilty.

You only mess with John because he’s an easy target and you’re too much of a “chicken shit” to mess with the “Big Guys”. Ha! Ha! Ha! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I'm guessing that was tongue in cheek,but if not please direct me to the "Big Guys" I have no idea who they are.

And here I was, trying to be nice.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun May 13, 2012 4:49 pm

"Google says don't drink and email
By Jim Reed
Newsbeat technology reporter

A Google engineer has developed a way to avoid random emailing late at night when you're most likely to be drunk. Jon Perlow's new Mail Goggles application, built into Google's GMail service, forces the user to answer basic maths questions in 60 seconds before a message can be sent on its way."

[img]Apologize  - Page 2 Breath11[/img]
"Mail Goggles gets you to answer maths questions before you send an email

If you are in a fit state to be chatting to your ex, for example, then the puzzles should not be too challenging.

The feature is time sensitive and by default only kicks in late at night on the weekend, although those settings can be changed by the user.

In his Google blog, Jon Perlow said: "Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send.

"Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message.

"Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together.

"Hopefully Mail Goggles will prevent many of you out there from sending messages you wish you hadn't.

"Like that late night memo - I mean mission statement - to the entire firm."

Perlow used his Google Labs time to build the service.

All engineers at the company are encouraged to spend a day a week working on personal projects, some of which are later developed into full products or services. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7656000/7656564.stm

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun May 13, 2012 7:11 pm

gringal wrote:
Sideways wrote:

Mexconnect runs a successful board without the benefit of the owner/mod living in any of the specific areas, I believe.
Just IMO, CBOB is a little young for lakeside...........needs more nightlife than is provided here. I don't blame him for looking elsewhere, but I'd say he's a llttle too "real" for San Miguel........and I'm not going to explain that, folks. There certainly are some good people there, too. Still friends with them, though we seldom see them. Guanajuato sounds about right, providing he has a few mountain goat genes. But what the hey........if I were in his position.....why not go for the Big Mango and move to Mexico City for a while? An amazing city and enough action for anyone.
flag waver

I'm with you, G-gal. San Carlos works for us... Rolly's in Lerdo... so what? Everyone has something to contribute, and when all is said and done, C-Bobby is the best moderator around... never mind where he resides. Actually, it might be really nice to have yet another location in Mexico represented.
You are indeed, "Sideways". Helluva handle... what were you thinking??? Apologize  - Page 2 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 13, 2012 8:28 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"Google says don't drink and email
By Jim Reed
Newsbeat technology reporter

A Google engineer has developed a way to avoid random emailing late at night when you're most likely to be drunk. Jon Perlow's new Mail Goggles application, built into Google's GMail service, forces the user to answer basic maths questions in 60 seconds before a message can be sent on its way."

[img]Apologize  - Page 2 Breath11[/img]
"Mail Goggles gets you to answer maths questions before you send an email

If you are in a fit state to be chatting to your ex, for example, then the puzzles should not be too challenging.

The feature is time sensitive and by default only kicks in late at night on the weekend, although those settings can be changed by the user.

In his Google blog, Jon Perlow said: "Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send.

"Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message.

"Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together.

"Hopefully Mail Goggles will prevent many of you out there from sending messages you wish you hadn't.

"Like that late night memo - I mean mission statement - to the entire firm."

Perlow used his Google Labs time to build the service.

All engineers at the company are encouraged to spend a day a week working on personal projects, some of which are later developed into full products or services. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_7656000/7656564.stm

I love this concept...Mail Goggles...would have liked to have seen it called Male Boggles...since what some of these guys write boggles the mind. razberry

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SenorDorky Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Adios Prorader.......

good for you, Bob! Good decision.

SenorDorky

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue May 15, 2012 9:24 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
canadiangirl wrote:

Aww CanuckBob, aren't you being a little harsh??? Prorader offered an apology, given the two sided exchange with Jim, maybe there should have been more than one Adios????? I understand the board meeting is being held at Jim's, so maybe this would explain your "business decision".

Obviously you didn't see what I deleted........

No, I did not see what you deleted. But when I went back to the original thread, I could not help but wonder what happened to Jim's "exchange", it seems to have disappeared or been deleted.
As the owner of this board, you have every right to ban any one you wish, and yes Prorader may have deserved it, however in fairness may I ask what happened to Jim's post?

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue May 15, 2012 9:46 pm

canadiangirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
canadiangirl wrote:

Aww CanuckBob, aren't you being a little harsh??? Prorader offered an apology, given the two sided exchange with Jim, maybe there should have been more than one Adios????? I understand the board meeting is being held at Jim's, so maybe this would explain your "business decision".

No, I did not see what you deleted. But when I went back to the original thread, I could not help but wonder what happened to Jim's "exchange", it seems to have disappeared or been deleted.
As the owner of this board, you have every right to ban any one you wish, and yes Prorader may have deserved it, however in fairness may I ask what happened to Jim's post?

mariachi Ya gotta try ta Keep Up!
Telling a Story or a Joke is one thing... Having to Explain it is another...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue May 15, 2012 10:11 pm

canadiangirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
canadiangirl wrote:

You will have to ask Jim.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 pm

If Jim didn't delete it I may have although I don't remember the specific post.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue May 15, 2012 10:43 pm

oncesubtle wrote:If Jim didn't delete it I may have although I don't remember the specific post.

why would you have??

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue May 15, 2012 10:47 pm

If I did it would have been because it contained offensive language/swearing outside the octagon.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 pm

oncesubtle wrote:If I did it would have been because it contained offensive language/swearing outside the octagon.

as this was posted in "general discussion" does that mean you could have moved it to the octagon?

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Yes
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 pm

hockables wrote:
canadiangirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
canadiangirl wrote:

mariachi Ya gotta try ta Keep Up!
Telling a Story or a Joke is one thing... Having to Explain it is another...

Ha Ha Hockables, I guess you are right, Telling a Story or a Joke is one thing... Having to Explain the real reason is another...[/quote]

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed May 16, 2012 6:53 am

Why does it even matter? It wa a drunken rant, most of proraders rant was not even making sense. There is rar more interesting topics on this forum to read than that crap.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchBeck Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 am

I'd be more concerned that someone figured out who you are and where you lived. Since bad guys follow this board it's a scary thought that someone can be easily identified.

MitchBeck

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Why does it even matter? It wa a drunken rant, most of proraders rant was not even making sense. There is rar more interesting topics on this forum to read than that crap.
Apparently it does matter so let me try to explain by giving an example. Let's say a thread starts out in the public viewing area. It's an interesting thread, has 25 responses and 500 views when someone drops an F bomb laden post. So what to do? Send the entire thread to the Octagon or delete the offending post? If the thread is sent to the Octagon non members will be left to wonder and accusations of censorship may start flying. Then, of course, if the post is deleted you have, well, you know. Of course each situation differs so it comes down to a judgement call.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 16, 2012 7:58 am

Keep up the good work, Oncesubtle.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down