INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around?

+4
martygraw
hockables
Zedinmexico
Trailrunner
8 posters

Go down

Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around? Empty Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around?

Post by Trailrunner Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 pm

A friend and I are looking to see if there are any other independent digital book publishers on the board? In other words, anyone here write a book, format it, and put it up on Kindle, Smashwords, or Nook?

If so, we'd like to talk! About marketing, and other business matters involved in this.

You can PM me here!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around? Empty Re: Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around?

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 am

Read the contracts very very carefully. If you are serious about this be sure
to get a law person of some kind to read it if you don't understand it. If you
are not careful you can limit your publishing options and for all purposes
you might own it but they control it. Read the contract unless you don't care
about your property.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around? Empty Re: Any Self-Publishing EBook Writers Around?

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 06, 2012 8:43 am

Thanks, Z, for your advice but it's more apropos for legacy publishing than indie pubbing.

I've been epubbing my 2 books for over a year and have complete control over the rights, content, pricing, and all business decisions. Amazon has been awesome. Not to mention that the money is waaaaay better than legacy publishing - 70% compared to about 19% royalties.

Just looking for others to network the marketing part.

Good advice, tho, thanks again.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Thanks, Z, for your advice but it's more apropos for legacy publishing than indie pubbing.

I've been epubbing my 2 books for over a year and have complete control over the rights, content, pricing, and all business decisions. Amazon has been awesome. Not to mention that the money is waaaaay better than legacy publishing - 70% compared to about 19% royalties.

Not all indie publishing contracts are as nice as amazons. Just saying so folks know.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Thanks, Z, for your advice but it's more apropos for legacy publishing than indie pubbing.

Didja find anyone who wanted ta pay for what you wrote?

It seems online folks like it for free... just ask about a million musicians.....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Yes, I sell books every month.

You're right tho, it's a different ballgame. Thankfully.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 pm

One of trailrunners books, "EMERGENCY Medical Spanish for Travelers" is certainly worth having on your e-reader. Thank you Marilyn
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Someone on the "other board" was asking the same question but possibly Marilyn knows them
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun May 06, 2012 6:45 pm

Generally speaking (been publishing books better part of my career) unless you sign with an agent or a publishing house, you have nothing to worry about. And getting to sign with a publishing house? Good Luck.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks, Marty! Muy amable.

Checked the stats this afternoon and it showed 2 books sold today, one in the US and one in the UK.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Sat May 12, 2012 5:45 pm

If anyone has a digital download that they have rights to and wants to have a sample made available we can help with that. At this time we have the first chapter of Georg Rauch book available and it has been download a good many times with links to whoever is being used to actually handle the sale.

Anything digital can be handled. Have a look:
Free Digital Downloads
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 pm

I've sent you a PM.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Sat May 19, 2012 9:10 am

Merry, if it was me that you sent a PM to nothing came through. I'll PM you with my contact info
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Oh Albert, I PM'd the original poster.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down