INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coddled Kids

5 posters

Go down

Coddled Kids Empty Coddled Kids

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 pm

In the past, many members have expressed that kids today are raised in a possibly questionable manner. Ran across this article today that makes me wonder how any of us survived our early childhood:

"Does your high-speed crawler need a helmet?":

"Given the lengths so-called helicopter parents will go to protect their children, one would think an actual helicopter blade is hurling toward their sheltered offspring. I suspect the stress caused by parents’ fears might harm kids more than the occasional stitch-worthy gash, or bump on the head.

Case in point: crawling helmets.

Seems some parents are so concerned about the rate at which their babies are ambling about the living room that they are purchasing crawling helmets for their high velocity tots. (No, these aren't helmets for head-shaping or other medical needs; they're just to protect babies from hitting their heads while doing normal baby activities.) If your baby can’t face the rigors of crawling, how will your toddler learn to walk? Will your Kindergartner ever ride a bike? I guess you can forget about contact sports, driving, and frat parties........

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/13/11060105-does-your-high-speed-crawler-need-a-helmet?lite

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Coddled Kids Empty Re: Coddled Kids

Post by lunateak Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:43 am

Let's see.... There's one born every minute ~ Supply & demand ~ Build it and they will come. Cliches are there for a reason.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:38 am

I am speechless.... Oh there goes a scooter with Mom holding a baby and
Dad with toddler standing under dads legs. Hmmmmmm

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 am

My other thought is that kids love to do what they're denied to do. A whole generation banging their heads against the wall. Blackeye
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 am

[img]Coddled Kids 2011-010[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:15 pm

IMO, this is getting totally out of hand!

"Opinion: Youth hockey injuries border on child abuse":

"The NHL hockey playoffs are under way. The contact is fierce and the fans love it. I do, too. But there is big trouble brewing for the future of hockey, football and other contact sports -- concussions. If hockey does not change, it has a dim future. Not because of the injuries being suffered by professional players but because of parents trying to do the right thing by keeping their kids away from a dangerous sport.

The rates of injury in youth hockey, especially concussions, are frightening. Among some 9,000 11- and 12-year-old players in Alberta, Canada, there are some 700 concussions in a season, as the New York Times reported in 2010. They are so bad, it is hard to imagine a parent letting a kid play contact hockey. .............

http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/13/11183481-opinion-youth-hockey-injuries-border-on-child-abuse?lite

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:20 pm

lunateak wrote:My other thought is that kids love to do what they're denied to do. A whole generation banging their heads against the wall. Blackeye

Man I remember around 1960 or so when I was crawling through the sewer tunnels and such in my neighborhood. I use to climb 50 ft up in the trees. Never found
too many dead kids in the trees you know. :-) Can't say about the sewers but I seemed to have survived it without too much long term damage. The latest thing
up north is inside basketball courts so your kids will never have to go outside and be endangered. And we wonder why young people seem to be a little bit short
of skill sets at 18??????

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:24 pm

"Supply & demand ~ Build it and they will come."

Remember the "Bubble Boy" from a number of years ago? Next thing will be an inflatable bubble that kids can be inserted in after birth and it self destructs when they turn 18!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 pm

There are probably more reasons than we can imagine why the wealthier nations have gotten so paranoid and some of it justified. And then we have ignorance running rabid along with greed. You know, sometime being older is not a bad thing. “Love the one your with…”

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Parker wrote:There are probably more reasons than we can imagine why the wealthier nations have gotten so paranoid and some of it justified. And then we have ignorance running rabid along with greed. You know, sometime being older is not a bad thing. “Love the one your with…”

You know there is a certain calmness that comes with age for most of us.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:39 pm

The only way to develop a strong immune system is to constantly stimulate it. Same with common sense... ya gotta practice!!! Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down