INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids

3 posters

Go down

Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids Empty Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids

Post by CHILLIN Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Many of you know the computer tech - Adrian. He runs the business with his brother. He has an idea to put together Raspberry Pi Computer Camps to be held at Lake Chapala Society. The Rasberry Pi came out of the U.K. a few years ago, and has generated a huge following among educators and kids. It is a fully functional computer which kids as young as 12 years can build, program and automate. It's retail cost is less than $50 U.S. I brings together the core skills which industries like automakers, appliance makers, medical devices, security devices will need in the future. Most important the kids seem to love it. Adrian needs some help with this, he has the technical skills, and the people skills, but he needs someone who can get sponsors like Steren, to not only stock the Raspberry Pi, but perhaps supply some low cost units. He needs someone to connect to the Lake Chapala Society.

Search "raspberry pi computer camps" for ideas on how others are putting this together.

Adrian (z@t) axixicnet.com
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids Empty Re: Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:59 am

PM me. I have connections at LCS and was a hardware computer engineer for HP until I retired. I think this is a good idea. Also willing to give you some start up money. Good opportunity to teach technical English at the same time.

Come on computer guys open your wallet or give you time. This sounds like a perfect program for expats to help create what Mexico needs.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids Empty Re: Sponsor Needed - Computer Camps for Kids

Post by CHILLIN Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:34 am

Hey Zed - this has nothing to do with me, I would like to see Adrian fly with this. I asked his permission to post this. I don't think he realizes what an opportunity this is for him. Contact him at his email. Google gave away 15,000 Pi to kids in the U.K. Steren already sells the electronics peripherals and would welcome the local publicity with their new store, and then nationally. LCS needs young people hanging around, sharing, laughing, smiling.  There are government programs and Univ of Guadalajara funds as well. This is not necessarily for poor kids - there are lot of rich parents here on the weekends from Guadalajara, looking for something for their kids to do. To me, that is the best thing of this project, knowing how proud Mexican parents are of their children. "My son/daughter is not just interested in computers, but he/she BUILDS and PROGRAMS them". They have 12 year old kids coding in Python.

Once they have built the Pi, they can use it to branch into 1,000's of hardware projects. Like I say - gizmos - the skills to combine software, hardware, sensors, actuators. Learning to work in technical teams. This the future.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:05 pm

This could be the start of a Talent Incubator Program, great idea .

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:21 pm

That's pretty close to what I thought when I read this Yahoo article. That "conceptualizers" in all fields, will be getting the best jobs in the future. Everywhere.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/this-one-uberskill-will-always-keep-you-employed-172655122.html
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down