INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Great News out of Vallarta

+18
gringal
hound dog
kipissippi
brigitte
57Chevy
canadiangirl
raqueteer
johninajijic
susan
Intercasa
Mainecoons
martygraw
Parker
ferret
Solovino
CanuckBob
viajero
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 4 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Not sure if it is the same accident as it was not a moto but an ATV. The young man was 18 and hs sister 16. She is out of the hospital and has a brace on. At least she lived. A couple of doctors from Guadalajara saw the accident and gave the plate number to the police as the driver of the other car had not stopped and was getting away. He was arrested , he had been drinking at one of the San Juan Restaurant an was running away. He was sent to jail.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 4 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:58 pm

The good thing is they got the driver.... hopefully it also might keep ATVs out of harms way. They're fun..but not meant for the hiway.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:39 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If they published everything that happened on a daily basis in any major center the newspaper would be a foot thick.........

It confuses me as to why someone sitting in BC or Arizona (or anywhere outside of Mexico) with no intention of ever moving to Mexico would post fear mongering articles on a Mexican expat forum.

For amusement I suppose.....???

Canuck Bob, I posted these “new stories” as you seemed to be under the impression the media was re-hashing old ones. In no way did I mean to portray this post as “fear mongering”.

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok, but it still doesn't explain why you and awana (who posts from BC) post crime articles that in most cases take place no where near Lake Chapala and have little bearing on these members. I can think of no reason other than to incite fear about Mexico. It would be like me posting crime articles from states that are not even near Arizona on a Phoenix expat forum to show the dangers of living in the US. You have made it quite clear that you didn't like living in Mexico and have no intention of ever doing so again. Are you trying to convince others to think the same way that you do and/or justify your own decision........?? I am just curious, that's all, because it seems to be the majority of things that you and awana ever post.

Now if you were posting about the events in Guadalajara today then it would be relevant and understandable............
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:28 pm

can we get back to PV? besides diving? anything new? otherwise this is borrrring.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:40 pm

For those who wish to claim that narco activity is no big deal and doesn't affect the general population or the tourists, the following report out of Acapulco doesn't appear to agree. Spring Break traffic is off 100%:
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/835127.html
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eluniversal.com.mx%2Fnotas%2F835127.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Most spring breakers are probably subsidized by their parents. Said parents have been reading the news and no way are they going to let the young'uns head for Acapulco after the amount of negative publicity.
Who can blame them? It's their kids.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:21 pm

who would go to acapulco except college kids or poor mexicans? it hasnt been a viable resort in 50- 60 years or so. that place has been sleezy a long time.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:22 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:For those who wish to claim that narco activity is no big deal and doesn't affect the general population or the tourists, the following report out of Acapulco doesn't appear to agree. Spring Break traffic is off 100%:
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/835127.html
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eluniversal.com.mx%2Fnotas%2F835127.html

Narco activity didn't affect Cancun, PV and Los Cabos.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:23 pm

susan wrote:who would go to acapulco except college kids or poor mexicans? it hasnt been a viable resort in 50- 60 years or so. that place has been sleezy a long time.

You're right. I was there 40 years ago. It used to be a nice resort, now occupied by mostly Mexicans.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:59 pm

johninajijic wrote:
susan wrote:who would go to acapulco except college kids or poor mexicans? it hasnt been a viable resort in 50- 60 years or so. that place has been sleezy a long time.

You're right. I was there 40 years ago. It used to be a nice resort, now occupied by mostly Mexicans.

At what point in time did you two cease being members of the human race?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 pm

johninajijic wrote:

Question for the moderator,do ignorant,racist posts merit a timeout for the ignorant posters,if so......

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:03 pm

waiters from tony's restaurant go there. in the 1950s it was really chic. my grandmother loved mexico city, aunt/uncle vacationed in acapulco.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:08 pm

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

Question for the moderator,do ignorant,racist posts merit a timeout for the ignorant posters,if so......

Thank you Chris, and a ditto from me.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:09 pm

viajero, dont you think the R word is a bit over used. i believe the mexican guests who visit acapulco these days, are somewhat different than 60 years ago. you wouldnt know the difference. john does not have to spell it out, no apologies necessary. take it to CB, he can judge he can convict. its his show, not yours.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:17 pm

"Narco activity didn't affect Cancun, PV and Los Cabos."

What a clueless generalization! Granted I don't know all that much about the news out of Los Cabos but I can safely say that the narco activity hasn't allowed Cancun or PV to realize their normal upticks in reservations. Besides the horrible fact that Acapulco is a Mexican resort spot, have you been back to actually see for yourself what condition it is in? If you had been paying attention to the Mexican media, you would know that the situation in Acapulco is not simple narco activity but very serious activity with bodies dumped and found virtually on a daily basis with many of those in the "tourist zone". While I cannot put my fingers on the exact number, I would venture a calculated guess that the number of taxi drivers who have been killed is well over 100. Carlos Slim had a couple of new hotels under construction and halted construction because of the unrest.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:20 pm

I think the word "racist" was used appropriately, since it's obvious that some people who live in, of all places, Mexico, seem to think they are superior to Mexicans.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:10 pm

gringal: the comment was classist, not racist. learn your terms, read the material. FYI, its legal to feel superior to anyone @ anytime. not only in a constitutional sense, but its a personal freedom. you may not like it, but thats an individual right. (maybe not in communist china). raq can dream about killing mexicans w/her electric fence (graphic descriptions included). i dont like it, but it was permitted on the forum. oh yes when i go on vacation i choose carefully whom i want to be around. you are not included in that group.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Gringal don't take not being included in susies vacation group too hard,it's kinda like being on Dick Nixon's shit list,Felicidades!!!
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:45 pm

You are an unbelievable shit disturber susan. Raqueteer talked about what her electric fence could do to THIEVES WITH CRIMINAL INTENT OR WORSE IN MIND...and she didn't care what nationality they were. Don't try to twist her words to conform to your tiny little pathetic world.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:01 pm

viajero wrote:Gringal don't take not being included in susies vacation group too hard,it's kinda like being on Dick Nixon's shit list,Felicidades!!!
Chris

Trust me: I wouldn't want to be in any group of susan's. Lol

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:36 pm

ferret please share, tell us the other nationalities who commit crimes here. so glad raq's fence is equal opportunity.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 am

susan wrote:ferret please share, tell us the other nationalities who commit crimes here. so glad raq's fence is equal opportunity.

You can't really be that naive can you? The majority of breakins are unsolved...so who knows who committed the crimes. YOU are assuming that all crimes in Mexico are committed by Mexicans...just like all crimes in Canada are committed by Canadians and all crimes all over the world in any country are only committed by that country's citizens.
You are indeed naive.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:10 am

viajero wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

While over the top ignorant and soaked in superiority I'm going with bigoted suspecting the intent was there but not the words. Morons
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:02 am

Agreed. Some of these comments are seemingly racist.

John & Susan need to crank it back a few notches. Unless one is suffering from Tourette's syndrome, blurting out the first angry, irrational thought is not a good idea........be warned.

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 pm

My comments were not racist and were taken out of context because CG, raqueteer and others are out to get me on every occassion.

I suppose no matter what I post from now on I'll have to put up with not only CG's shit, but raqueteers and others who think they're always right and if you disagree with them, watch out.

Time to stop posting on these controversial discussions which CG likes to fester in with his own kind. He's a rabble rouser, ineffective useless human piece of trash.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next