INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Great News out of Vallarta

+18
gringal
hound dog
kipissippi
brigitte
57Chevy
canadiangirl
raqueteer
johninajijic
susan
Intercasa
Mainecoons
martygraw
Parker
ferret
Solovino
CanuckBob
viajero
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 5 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:30 pm

My comments were not racist and were taken out of context because CG, raqueteer and others are out to get me on every occassion.

I suppose no matter what I post from now on I'll have to put up with not only CG's shit, but raqueteers and others who think they're always right and if you disagree with them, watch out.

Time to stop posting on these controversial discussions which CG likes to fester in with his own kind. He's a rabble rouser, ineffective useless human piece of trash.

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 5 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by gringal Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Agreed, CB. This is beginning to sound like a Peedro free for all.

The "susan" persona is a mental construct. The persona presented is supposedly well-born and at least formerly wealthy; definitely of a higher social status than the rest of us peasants.
However, the shell dissolves when compared to real people who have had the advantages of a good education, have had good manners drilled in early on and who might have a touch of bigotry in their hearts but would NEVER speak of it aloud. In other words........that's no lady, nor a "lady who's a tramp". That's a fiction, striving to be a fact.
Arguing with a chimera is a total waste of time. Every time one of us does do, it increases the illusion of his/her/its reality. I've even fallen for it, and then I remember: there's nobody home there, so why keep on knocking at the door?

Last edited by gringal on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm

johninajijic wrote:My comments were not racist and were taken out of context because CG, raqueteer and others are out to get me on every occassion.

I suppose no matter what I post from now on I'll have to put up with not only CG's shit, but raqueteers and others who think they're always right and if you disagree with them, watch out.

Time to stop posting on these controversial discussions which CG likes to fester in with his own kind. He's a rabble rouser, ineffective useless human piece of trash.

I am going to stop the unneccesary attacks outside the Octagon.

John, you do however, really need to carefully consider what you post sometimes. It is obvious that you post in anger..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
johninajijic wrote:My comments were not racist and were taken out of context because CG, raqueteer and others are out to get me on every occassion.

I am going to stop the unneccesary attacks outside the Octagon.

John, you do however, really need to carefully consider what you post sometimes. It is obvious that you post in anger..........

I'll be more careful. Do you think that CG and raqueteer post in anger, because I do? As their posts are personal attacks against me and nothing else.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:44 pm

I agree and offer the same request to them and everyone else.

I am not going to spend all this time working on a forum that degrades down to 4 or 5 primary posters that do nothing but shit all over each other all the time.

Now let's move on.......... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Ditto. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I agree and offer the same request to them and everyone else.

I am not going to spend all this time working on a forum that degrades down to 4 or 5 primary posters that do nothing but shit all over each other all the time.

Now let's move on.......... Beer

Beer Now that you're retired... you do have more time on your hands....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Yep and that means I have the time now to properly manage this board and enforce the very simple guidelines.

As you know, sometimes you need to trim the tree to remove the rot and get more fruit.........

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:08 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep and that means I have the time now to properly manage this board and enforce the very simple guidelines.

As you know, sometimes you need to trim the tree to remove the rot and get more fruit.........

Beer

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 pm

More fruit? lol!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 am

Less rot. cheers
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am

I agree with CheenaGringo...Acapulco has problems with crime, some of which is reported to be related to narco activity. There have been warnings in the recent past that I heard about that were put out by the U.S. government to avoid Acapulco....

One incident in 2011 that I recall was that a bag with 10 heads in it was found in the city. There has been violence and killings in the tourist zone.

I have a friend from Acapulco who is now living in the U.S. raising 3 kids. Her family is still in Acapulco. They were once upper middle-class. Not now. Her dad worked in the hotel industry. His hours were cut to almost nothing, and I think now he is unemployed. The family live near the tourist zone, as their careers were previously related to tourism. They have told my friend not to come home even for a visit, because it is too dangerous.

I think events in Mexico in general are of interest, because it informs me of what is happening in the entire country. I care about the entire confederation of Mexican states. What happens in general affects the entire country. Michoacan, Nayarit, Puerta Vallarta, Melaque, and other areas nearby the Lake are important, because the groups who are doing bad things there move around, and they do get involved in the Lake area.

Two years ago I was told by Mexican business owners and residents in Ajijic that many narcos own homes along the north shore of the lake. They bring their wives and kids there to relax. They don't cause problems when they are on vacation. The residents know who they are and where they live. They are the head guys, rich. A few of them were pointed out to me as they passed by in huge, blinged-out trucks with black windows. I was told don't look at them, keep your head down, say nothing.

What happens in all of Mexico concerns me....same as what happens in all of the U.S. It is sad to see that the human race is degenerating into a downward spiral in many respects.

Bob, I agree that many threads, while they start out intersting and informative, have a tendency to turn into squabbling between a few posters, and they become boring and turn me off. But...that's just part of the whole thing I guess. You can't control that. People are people and sometimes they need to blow off steam and get rid of excess energy...sort of like an apetitive behavior....the cat sees a strange dog outside the window it wants to attack...but it can't get outside, so it turns on the other house cat in a fit of fury...just can't help itself....?????

PLEASE BOB, don't get discouraged...you run a wonderful forum, and you should be very proud of yourself. I am proud of you. You are doing a great thing, and I think every single person that reads here or posts here would agree with me. I was on TOB, and the important thread on events in Guad was LOCKED. You know your forum is unique and special, and very much needed! I don't know what I would do without it. Keep it up, and if you need people to calm down ---- bark at them some more and hope for the best, but don't give up just cuz some folks like to "shit all over eachother".
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 am

P.S. Hearing news about crime and narco activity in Jalisco or elsewhere in Mexico does not affect my love of Mexico. I think it is good to know what is going on in the whole country, but of course, the Guad / Lake Chapala area is the primary concern for me. I agree with some long time residents and journalists who have said that this will settle down once Jalisco is no longer a contested territory, and is securely in the the hands of one gang, like it was before. Drugs won't go away. The demand for drugs is everywhere. Even on this forum, some members speak of smoking weed. Well, getting weed has a cost to it, for the Mexican people. If people want weed, they are going to have to accept that it is the gangs who provide it, and hope that these turf wars subside soon and relative peace returns to the streets.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Currently on vacation in PV. No lack of tourists, or Spring Breakers. In fact, this morning we went to the *gasp* jungle in Nogalito with someone whose family owns a tequila tour there. No banditos. Just a kid walking his dog and a mom hanging her laundry. We did find out that the "gun" the robber had was a plastic toy gun. The locals say that the tour never should have been there that late. Ever.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:50 pm

chevy "top" level drug dealers do not live here. (lakeside). know the dealers from my neigborhood who have homes here, kind of greasy. some of those folks rent. several years ago one of the streets was blocked off 24hours. they had kidnapped a union leader held him ransom. federal police/military were here. arrested the "renters" & saved the victim, found guns & coke in the house. btw, i am friends w/the mexicans who own this home. (they are from guadalajara & are very nice people). they hired one of the well known lakeside realtors, who rented to the cartel people, to their shock & surprise. (wont say the name of the agency or the agent). @the exact same time of this bust, there was another house along the lake w/similar problems. (3 blocks down). possibly this thread should go to octagon.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm

sorry i see i AM on the oct! just playing by the rules.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Susan, I don't imagine the TOP narco guys live there, but there are some very wealthy dealers that do, some of whom own homes there for weekend retreats. The ones that were pointed out to me are from Michoacan. I know of one house in particular that is owned by a narco. I looked at a house next door to rent, and my Mexican friend warned me away from it. There are many levels within the narcotics organizations, down to the young kids on the street selling to other kids. I just feel that they are all over in Mexico, one can't really get away from them, all you can do is avoid contact and stay out of trouble. I have seen what you describe, where the police speed down the street in a truck, the back full of guys with guns, going to a house in the neighborhood because of drugs. I gotta say, my heart goes out to these young people who serve as police and soldiers in Mexico. I wouldn't want the job. And from what I hear they are not paid well, that they make less than the maids get.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:48 am

chevy no they dont get paid well. thats why the corruption bribes, and crime. ofcause they keep much of the drugs they find, to sell. ferret maybe there are there are other boys (in town) from central america, who commit crimes. so it may not all be mexicans. but i doute they are american or canadians. im not THAT afraid of profiling. doute the criminals are over 60, & going to lake chapala events. i would like the leave those folks off this list of suspects. its foolish & an insult to most of the members who write in here. who are you TSA?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:37 am

The troll's prose reverted back to the usual shit and now appears to be developing a stutter.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:54 am

Gimme a break susan. Profiling?...under 30, no job or source of income, thrillseeker, drug or alcohol user, all nationalities. Ain't nobody on this board over 50 who can scale a fence anyway.
On the coast, there are a lot of "hippy style" young Canadians and Americans with no visible means of support...are they here too? Possibly. The economy sucks everywhere and breakins are on the rise everywhere.
YOU are the one doing the bigoted profiling. Criminal intent is an equal opportunity business venture.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 am

Boy susan are you naive, a lot of marijuana and other type of drugs are purchased by gringos over 60. Do not forget many of them were doing drugs when they were young and some seem determined to never grow up.

We live once in a village on the coast in Northern California and most of the drug dealers in that town were "retired" criminals. You cannot always blame the young for being foolish.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Absolutely, Brigitte. I know more than a few older people here who love their weed and indulge in it on a regular basis.

"susan" is presenting as a naive troll, and if anyone believes a word he/she/it says............I've got some prime quality oregano to sell ya.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by awana Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 am

gringal wrote:Absolutely, Brigitte. I know more than a few older people here who love their weed and indulge in it on a regular basis."
Beer

Wow! Wanna go get some beers and chew tobacco after work, gringal

awana

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Ok, but it still doesn't explain why you and awana (who posts from BC) post crime articles that in most cases take place no where near Lake Chapala and have little bearing on these members. I can think of no reason other than to incite fear about Mexico. It would be like me posting crime articles from states that are not even near Arizona on a Phoenix expat forum to show the dangers of living in the US. You have made it quite clear that you didn't like living in Mexico and have no intention of ever doing so again. Are you trying to convince others to think the same way that you do and/or justify your own decision........?? I am just curious, that's all, because it seems to be the majority of things that you and awana ever post.

Now if you were posting about the events in Guadalajara today then it would be relevant and understandable............

I can only speak for myself, and not "awana" (although I hope she voices her opinion) and in no way do I mean to incite fear.

Possibly my posts may not be "no where near Lake Chapala", however they do relate to Mexico.

Yes, I have lived Lakeside and found myself wondering if others have also second guessed their choice in relocating (temporary or otherwise) and found the subject lacking or questioned possibly due to the belief that Ajijjic is paradise or due to any criticism of Lakeside on this board.

The point is, Mexico may not be the "all " for everyone and this board is open to all opinions good or bad or am I wrong????

Yes, I may no longer live Lakeside, but may I be allowed to pose the question? With out being of accused of trying to "convince others to think the same way"????

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Living here has made me wonder, it's not my battle but also I've never lived in an area of this low economic level. I'm getting used to it, grew up in the hills of the west San Fernando valley in the LA area and then lived in Santa Barbara. Weather is great like SB, cost of living is super low where I can live well. Everything is close but the rising crime and lackadaisical attitude of law enforcement to really get the riff raff out is disturbing.

What to do? I have a small place in Guad, areas there are much nicer than here but then you have the traffic and city feel whereas Chapala still relatively maintains the small town feel. I'm not sure where to live, Guadalajara has many, many nice areas and it is eye opening but I do love the ability to get many things done fast here in Chapala versus waiting in line and traffic and traversing the urban sprawl.

I think the answer is to have 2 homes, maybe 3, 1 in Chapala, 1 in a nice area of the city and 1 at the beach. Get sick of one and stay at the other for a bit, kind of works for me.

I'm odd and don't want to live the "real" Mexican experience, I'm too busy and prefer my peers or Mexican version thereof, never did hang out with my maids, gardeners or drivers in the US.

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next