INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Great News out of Vallarta

+18
gringal
hound dog
kipissippi
brigitte
57Chevy
canadiangirl
raqueteer
johninajijic
susan
Intercasa
Mainecoons
martygraw
Parker
ferret
Solovino
CanuckBob
viajero
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 3 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 am

From the International Tourism Fair being held in Berlin, David Scowsill President of the World Travel and Tourism Council called the warning out of Texas irresponsible and politically motivated:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eluniversal.com.mx%2Fnotas%2F834492.html

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Not Great News out of Vallarta - Page 3 Empty Re: Not Great News out of Vallarta

Post by johninajijic Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:32 pm

GREAT!!! And some of the Spring Breakers are all ready here. Some in Ajijic too. PV is 5th among Spring Breakers and they're expecting 5,000 to 8,000. And they'll get them too. Nothing phases teenagers.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 pm

what are the dates for spring break? it would be more dangerous, as the criminals come out to rob the drunk students. & why would anyone want to travel to a place w/all those kids? i thought this spring break was in february during presidents week? or easter week?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm

In Canada it is usually the last 2 weeks of March......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm

so there is a double spring break w/both countries. the warning makes sense. i never heard of this "break" untill i was an adult. dosnt look like a i missed much.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 pm

CB: When it comes to Spring Breaks in the US, you will find that they are all over the map with some even starting in late Feb and carrying through a good part of the month of April (depending on when Easter falls). We all have a tendency to think of the party crowds that hit resorts from colleges and aggressive high school kids but many areas that cater to the family type business also see a real influx of business. For example, Kathy has been up to her eyeballs for the past two weeks getting ready for the Zoos & Aquariums that she is responsible for in Albuquerque, Tucson, AZ & Palm Desert, CA. This is a real shot in the arm that leads up to the strong summer season. Her Spring Breaks are spread over 5 weeks.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:21 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:For a long time, people have been claiming that the US has an agenda about keeping the $$$'s at home, well here is a report out of Texas that is most probably driven by an agenda:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46644850/ns/travel-seasonal_travel/#.T1a1oWVdmnI
"SAN ANTONIO — The state of Texas on Tuesday warned residents for the third consecutive year not to travel to Mexico during the upcoming university spring break season, saying drug cartel violence and other criminal activity are a safety threat even in resort areas......"

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that Texas might be competing with Mexico for that Spring Break Dollar?

.........And strangely enough the Canadian media has cranked up the "dangers of Mexico" campaign again starting today. No new stories.....just re-hashing old ones. There is also a documentary on the dangers of Mexico and the drug trade on the CBC tonight (on The National) at 10:00pm pacific time.

Actually there have been new stories:

1) Canadian tourists who got sick at Mexican resort save drink samples, urine
The Canadian PressMar 05, 2012 19:14:00 PM

2)Family blames Calgary woman’s death in Mexico on faulty scuba equipment
By Sean Myers and Clara Ho, Calgary Herald March 7, 2012

3)United States Consulate General Guadalajara
PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO
AS MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS AS POSSIBLE
Security Message for U.S. Citizens:
Virtual Kidnappings
Date: March 7, 2012

Sorry guys, I am not sure how to post the links so did copy and paste of headline

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:22 pm

i have never been to a spring break place. why would an adult even consider that? it seems normal in ajijic @ this moment.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Canadian Girl...what is a "virtual kidnapping"...???
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 pm

57Chevy wrote:Canadian Girl...what is a "virtual kidnapping"...???

Google: Security Message from the United States Consulate General Guadalajara

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:38 pm

I posted today's US CONSULATE GENERAL WARNING MESSAGE under the heading of Mexico - General on this forum.

Why do they waste their time with this political crap other than to keep tourist $$$$ in the US?
Anyone with half a brain is wise to that by now. Mexico will get 10's of thousands of Spring Breakers anyway. Teenagers and the 20 something crowd don't care.

Half the crap that happens to tourists here is their own GD fault.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:53 pm

johninajijic wrote:I posted today's US CONSULATE GENERAL WARNING MESSAGE under the heading of Mexico - General on this forum.

Why do they waste their time with this political crap other than to keep tourist $$$$ in the US?
Anyone with half a brain is wise to that by now. Mexico will get 10's of thousands of Spring Breakers anyway. Teenagers and the 20 something crowd don't care.

Half the crap that happens to tourists here is their own GD fault.

John, the message I posted
United States Consulate General Guadalajara
PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO
AS MANY AMERICAN CITIZENS AS POSSIBLE
Security Message for U.S. Citizens:
Virtual Kidnappings
Date: March 7, 2012

has nothing to do with "spring break"!!!!!!!

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 am

canadiangirl - Maybe you should take a look at how the Northern news media presents Mexico and is a bunch of liars without facts. They don't know what the f*ck they're talking about. Canada too!!! So stay in drug ridden Canada whatever part you're from.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 am

John
The demands for ransoms are happening in the US not in Mexico. The family of people living in Mexico are being asked for ransom for phoney kidnappings. Since the families cannot call their love ones because the criminals know they are out of town or out of touch the US families probably try to verify the information with the consulate.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:06 am

I think the dredging up of old stories is unfair, but I wonder how much that is happening is ever heard about. I got a call from a friend in Washington state yesterday about a friend of ours who goes to Maz for a few weeks every year. She fell in her condo and wasn't found for two days before she was sent to the hospital....have no idea why ..but the real tragedy is that her daughter and son flew down to take her home...and the daughter was hit and killed by a car. This could have happened anywhere, but I've been trying to find out more information and can't find anything. At least I couldn't yesterday. I can't help but wonder if they're supressing bad news? We won't know the whole story till Roseanne's son brings her and the body of his sister home Sunday.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 am

Kipp,
People get hit by cars every day so I do not think they are suppressing bad news, just tto many things to talk about.
A young man was killed by a drunk driver last week in Ajijic and I did not hear about it until one of the mason working here told me.
Unfortunately there are lots and lots of deadly accidents and they do not always make the big time news.
Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 am

If they published everything that happened on a daily basis in any major center the newspaper would be a foot thick.........

It confuses me as to why someone sitting in BC or Arizona (or anywhere outside of Mexico) with no intention of ever moving to Mexico would post fear mongering articles on a Mexican expat forum.

For amusement I suppose.....???
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:43 am

You're probably right...I'm just too close to the situation, but it's such a heart wrencher. I can't even imagine what Roseanne is going through. Feeling that you're indirectly responsible for the death of your child... more than I could bare.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:If they published everything that happened on a daily basis in any major center the newspaper would be a foot thick.........

It confuses me as to why someone sitting in BC or Arizona (or anywhere outside of Mexico) with no intention of ever moving to Mexico would post fear mongering articles on a Mexican expat forum.

For amusement I suppose.....???

It is in the nature of GOSSIP to want bad news to spread. Doing so brings a sense of temporary importance to the originator. Good news just doesn't get the same charge.

How many times have you heard: "Have you HEARD? followed by good news"?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 am

kipissippi wrote:You're probably right...I'm just too close to the situation, but it's such a heart wrencher. I can't even imagine what Roseanne is going through. Feeling that you're indirectly responsible for the death of your child... more than I could bare.

Anyone know someone in Maz who might know more about what happened?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Try posting on Mexconnect. There are a few Mazatlan people posting there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah..been there done that. I think I'll just have to wait till they bring them home. Info at this point really won't change anything anyway.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm

There were two major accidents in the same area on the Carretera last Sunday night, one was a grandmother and grand daughter who were killed crossing the Carretera. I think it was near either La Cristina or Las Palmas. There's a hill there.

Another was two people on a motorcycle. The impact was so bad that it buried the bike into the grille of the car. The paper said they were thrown 60 meters. My friend walks the ciclopista in the AM and saw shoes and bike parts all over the Carretera. The paper said the driver pf the car was returning to GDL from Piedra Barrenada and didn't see them. Drunk????
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Yes the young man who was killed on the highway was killed by a drunk driver. The second rider is still alive. Their cousin just told me the story yesterday.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:42 pm

There have been so many fatalities on that stretch. How badly hurt is the second rider?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Not sure if it is the same accident as it was not a moto but an ATV. The young man was 18 and hs sister 16. She is out of the hospital and has a brace on. At least she lived. A couple of doctors from Guadalajara saw the accident and gave the plate number to the police as the driver of the other car had not stopped and was getting away. He was arrested , he had been drinking at one of the San Juan Restaurant an was running away. He was sent to jail.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next