INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flu Warnings

+16
Parker
espíritu del lago
57Chevy
Zedinmexico
ferret
gringal
drmike
brigitte
raqueteer
CanuckBob
johninajijic
Jim W
Rolly
hockables
CheenaGringo
Hensley
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Flu Warnings Empty Flu Warnings

Post by Hensley Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:15 pm

For the next 2 - 4 weeks around the world they are expecting severe flu so please people stay home and wash your hands all the time.

As we all know, prevention is our greatest defense. The following guidelines are provided to help reduce cases of these illnesses, both at school and in your homes:
Everyone should cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue. sneeze or cough into the inside of the elbow if a tissue is unavailable. avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth after being exposed to viruses or bacteria. wash hands frequently with liquid antibacterial soap (rather than bar soap), especially after use of the restroom, sneezing, coughing, or touching of eyes, nose, or mouth. avoid sharing drinking glasses. Use disposable cups whenever possible. eat more fresh fruit and vegetables to help keep the immune system strong. stay home if you are sick, especially with a fever. Keeping in mind everyone’s health and well-being, we’d like to ask you to please keep any symptomatic family members at home until they are feeling better, have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours, or have been on antibiotics for 24 hours.
Experts recommend that the best way to prevent the spread of germs and illnesses such as these is through frequent and vigorous hand washing with anti-bacterial soap for at least fifteen (15) seconds. As a general rule, if you sing “Happy Birthday” while you wash, you will have washed long enough when you reach the end. Again, parents and teachers should encourage children to wash their hands regularly.
The regular use of hand sanitizer is helpful; however, it should not replace washing with anti-bacterial soap and water.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Flu Warnings Empty Re: Flu Warnings

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 pm

What are those who don't have IMSS supposed to do?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:55 pm

a couple o weeks ago... I wuz feel'n like shit... so I flew south ta be with ya'll....

only fair .... if'n ya'll feel'n bad.... yer welcome up here in Canada where most bugs will run like hell cause it's so f*ck'n cold...

as long as yer not a total retard... yer welcome ta stay with me & the mrs.... or maybe we'll put you up at the lake.... ( it's iced over )

Beer

Last edited by hockables on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : we reserve the right to rescind said offer if you'r total retard... also cause said offer wuz made under the influence)
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm

In my area IMSS gives free flu shots to anyone 60 or older. IMSS membership not required. Shot teams go door to door looking for us old folks to give us shots.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:52 am

hockables wrote:a couple o weeks ago... I wuz feel'n like shit... so I flew south ta be with ya'll....

only fair .... if'n ya'll feel'n bad.... yer welcome up here in Canada where most bugs will run like hell cause it's so f*ck'n cold...

as long as yer not a total retard... yer welcome ta stay with me & the mrs.... or maybe we'll put you up at the lake.... ( it's iced over )

Beer

Is the Cervasis on th house? Free BEER having the Flu....PRICELESS Smokealot
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:24 am

Unfortunately every year, it's the NOB types who come to Ajijic with colds and flu, then it spreads quickly to Gringos and Mexican families. They don't have the decency to stay home. Spread your sickness there.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 am

Except a couple of years ago when the H1N1 virus originated in Mexico.....???
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:36 am

CanuckBob wrote:Except a couple of years ago when the H1N1 virus originated in Mexico.....???

Nope, false info, it actually originated in the U.S.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 am

Well many articles refer to the first outbreaks occurring in Mexico so I guess it all depends on what you wanna believe.

Perhaps the virus was there on vacation from NOB............. Shocked
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:15 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well many articles refer to the first outbreaks occurring in Mexico so I guess it all depends on what you wanna believe.

Of course most of us know that we need to take media reports with a very large grain of salt, however it would appear that the first outbreak appeared in Sacramento, with none of the first victims having visited or been in contact with anyone who had travelled to Mexico. Once again with all media reports, this too is subject to interpretation.

It appears that this current bout of flu has already struck, with me currently battling it since yesterday. BTW I expect to win, since I have a heap of very effective home remedies at my disposal. The only missing ingredient is some Canadian Rye whiskey. I'm not particularly fond of it after getting into my fathers liquor cabinet one night with a friend, our first experience with drinking and overindulgence. However it is powerful medicine against any and all respiratory illnesses.

The recipe: At least 2 ounces Canadian Rye whiskey (that's a minimum) , raw honey, lemon juice and hot water. Two of these and you're either better, or you don't care that you have the flu.

Happy flu season,
raq

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 pm

raqueteer wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Well many articles refer to the first outbreaks occurring in Mexico so I guess it all depends on what you wanna believe.

Of course most of us know that we need to take media reports with a very large grain of salt, however it would appear that the first outbreak appeared in Sacramento, with none of the first victims having visited or been in contact with anyone who had travelled to Mexico. Once again with all media reports, this too is subject to interpretation.

It appears that this current bout of flu has already struck, with me currently battling it since yesterday. BTW I expect to win, since I have a heap of very effective home remedies at my disposal. The only missing ingredient is some Canadian Rye whiskey. I'm not particularly fond of it after getting into my fathers liquor cabinet one night with a friend, our first experience with drinking and overindulgence. However it is powerful medicine against any and all respiratory illnesses.

.... canadian rye whiskey is known to be a magical elixir...... cures almost anything...

not to be taken by those that are pregnant, those that are nursing, those that have liver problems.... ask your docter, a simple test can determine liver problems...

.... canadian rye whiskey can cause ... double vision & verbal diarrhea... Beer

The recipe: At least 2 ounces Canadian Rye whiskey (that's a minimum) , raw honey, lemon juice and hot water. Two of these and you're either better, or you don't care that you have the flu.

Happy flu season,
raq

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Very cute Hocks, I haven't had any so far, so we can't blame my verbal diarrhea on Canadian Club, yet.....

Beware.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:34 pm

raqueteer - If you have a sore throat, this is the homeopathic medicine that really works.

Sore Throat Medicine
Tarephedreel
10 drops in a small amount of water every 15 minutes for 2 hours. Then 3 - 4 times a day.

Bhithroat
One tablet every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then 3 - 4 times a day.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:41 pm

johninajijic wrote:raqueteer - If you have a sore throat, this is the homeopathic medicine that really works.

Sore Throat Medicine
Tarephedreel
10 drops in a small amount of water every 15 minutes for 2 hours. Then 3 - 4 times a day.

Bhithroat
One tablet every 15 minutes for 2 hours, then 3 - 4 times a day.

Thanks John, if my own arsenal doesn't do the job, I'll go down to the homeopathy shop and get some.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Raq if this can make you feel better I have the same recipe that you father´s but mine is with dark rhum which is far superior to Canadian Rye Whiskey! 2oz is less than a bare minimum.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 pm

brigitte wrote:Raq if this can make you feel better I have the same recipe that you father´s but mine is with dark rhum which is far superior to Canadian Rye Whiskey! 2oz is less than a bare minimum.

Thanks Brigitte, I do happen to have dark rum, unpasteurized honey and a couple of lemons. Off to make some now!!!!! Results will be posted.

The only reason I'm so sold on Rye, is that my Dad was a biggggggg fan of it, and despite continual exposure to sick people never once got either a cold or the flu.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by drmike Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:05 pm

The homeopathy ideas are good and another good idea is to take Vitamin D3 (cholciferol). it's not really a vitamin, it is more like a "pro-hormone". The uses of D3 are amazing, with many different positive effects on the body. I have been taking Vitamin D3 since the flu vaccines came out as I do not take vaccines. So far not even a sniffle.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:12 pm

drmike wrote:The homeopathy ideas are good and another good idea is to take Vitamin D3 (cholciferol). it's not really a vitamin, it is more like a "pro-hormone". The uses of D3 are amazing, with many different positive effects on the body. I have been taking Vitamin D3 since the flu vaccines came out as I do not take vaccines. So far not even a sniffle.

Dr. Mike

Great idea Dr. Mike, I'm also not a fan of vaccines or antibiotics. Since my flu has now progressed to a very slight
bronchitis, I'm now vaporizing the air with essential oils of Eucalyptus, lemon and tea tree. Since I happen to have one, I use a nebulizer without the mask. Next on the list is Vicks Vaporub, a big towel and a robe, then into bed to sweat it out.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm

My mom had a cold and flu cure that got me out of bed and on the way back to school like greased lightning. The Mustard Plaster, applied cold and damp, to the chest of the sufferer.
Oy!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:40 am

Gringal, I'd love to know how your mom prepared her mustard plaster. My hubby did that to me ONCE about 25 years ago. He used his mother's recipe...Dry mustard made into a paste with a little boiling water...apply to gauze and apply to chest. IT BURNED, but I was better in a couple of days...however, the brilliant red square on my chest took another two weeks after that to disappear. I've been too scared to have the flu since.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:05 am

drmike wrote:The homeopathy ideas are good and another good idea is to take Vitamin D3 (cholciferol). it's not really a vitamin, it is more like a "pro-hormone". The uses of D3 are amazing, with many different positive effects on the body. I have been taking Vitamin D3 since the flu vaccines came out as I do not take vaccines. So far not even a sniffle.

Dr. Mike

Best to do a little research in vitamin D and D3 before purchasing. D and D3 are different things and people tend to confuse them which could
mean you are not getting the stuff you thought you were.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:56 am

raq - Try using Vick's Vaporub on your chest and put a little under your nose to help you breathe better, even a tiny bit in the corner of each nostril. I'm sorry to hear your sick at this time of year. Get better quick!!!
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Flu Warnings Empty Vitamin D3

Post by drmike Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

[quote="Zedinmexico"][quote="drmike"]The homeopathy ideas are good and another good idea is to take Vitamin D3 (cholciferol). it's not really a vitamin, it is more like a "pro-hormone". The uses of D3 are amazing, with many different positive effects on the body. I have been taking Vitamin D3 since the flu vaccines came out as I do not take vaccines. So far not even a sniffle.

Dr. Mike[/quote

Which is why I specifically said Vitamin D3, and in parenthesis (cholciferal). I did not say just vitamin D, I specifically stated D3. My advice is to read the label. I'm not here to hold people's hands, just provide information, whether they utilize it or not.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 am

Raqueteer - for body aches I find ARNICA (arnica montana) helps. This is also a homeopathic remedy. You can buy it in the homeopathic store on the square in Ajijic. They carry the liquid form which can be mixed into a drink. I do not know if they carry the small tablets, but I get the tablets in the U.S. They are made by a German company called BOIRON. The tablets come in 6mg and 30 mg strengths. You put 5 little tablets under your tongue and let them dissolve. Do this 3 times a day until symptoms are resolved, or as directed by a doctor. Arnica is good for stiffness, body aches and pains, inflammation, injuries. Some people use the stronger dose before and after surgery.

I had the H1N1 flu 2 years ago in Ajijic. Extremely ill, and received excellent care at Mascaras Clinic. Caught it 2 weeks after arriving.

Hope you are better soon! And, I am heading down to the liquor store to get some Rye! But, would your recipe work with Scotch and lime?
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 am

Dr. Mike: do you mind telling us why you do not take vaccines? Am curious.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next