INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican Drivers License requirements

2 posters

Go down

Mexican Drivers License requirements Empty Mexican Drivers License requirements

Post by MichaelB Fri May 05, 2023 11:10 am

Good morning,

Could someone be so nice to tell me what documents are needed and the processes that I need to follow to get my initial Mex DL before my NC license expires next month.

Thanks

Michael

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mexican Drivers License requirements Empty Re: Mexican Drivers License requirements

Post by BisbeeGal Fri May 05, 2023 5:29 pm

You need proof of residence.  TelMex and CFE are accepted, some say TotalPlay is also.  If you bring TelMex, bring ALL the pages, even the useless boilerplate pages with no pertinent data.  

Our bi-monthly CFE bill was latest we had and El Jefe in Chapala tried to reject it, saying, too old...he kept pointing to Start Date of Cycle (and even that was well within 90 day window).  A MXN man behind us joined us in challenging him.  He relented but insisted on keeping the original CFE bill.  

Also CURP and Permanente or Temporal card.

Word on FB is that NEW licensees even WITH unexpired foreign DL's are being made to take road test which is a tight parallel parking spot.  Some say they've slipped the honchos a few hundred pesos to pass.  Keep in mind the Chapala office was shut down by Jalisco years ago for this exact behavior.  

Some say they walk in, others use appt. website.  We got ours during pandemic when appts. were mandatory. We were not made to take parking test when we showed our US licenses.

If you can go somewhere other than Chapala, I would recommend doing so.

Last edited by BisbeeGal on Fri May 05, 2023 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mexican Drivers License requirements Empty Re: Mexican Drivers License requirements

Post by BisbeeGal Fri May 05, 2023 5:32 pm

Here are rules at this website, https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/tramite-de-licencias-de-conducir
If your continue on that page it will take you to appt. page.

Es importante que si eres motociclista, automovilista, o conductor de unidad de transporte público y privado, de carga, taxi y plataformas, maquinaria o de seguridad y protección civil; cuentes con la licencia de conducir vigente.

Puedes agendar tu cita para agilizar tu trámite aquí. (únicamente en módulo CISZ , recaudadora 4 y para los días sábados es solamente con previa cita)

Conoce los requisitos y costos vigentes para 2023

Requisitos para licencia nueva:

Identificación oficial vigente.
Comprobante de domicilio que coincida con alguno de los apellidos o con la dirección del INE. (No mayor a 90 días)
CURP impreso o acta de nacimiento que lo contenga.
Todos los documentos en original y copia.
Aprobar los exámenes de conocimientos viales y práctico de manejo.
Presentar la constancia del curso vial. (aplica solo para permiso de menor de edad, transporte público, taxis y vehículos de plataforma en todas sus categorías)
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down