INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.

+17
arbon
CanuckBob
holdrja
espíritu del lago
Carry Bean
susan
Jim W
raqueteer
gringal
hound dog
simpsca
ferret
johninajijic
Rolly
Parker
SusieSunshine
Chapalagringa
21 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes. - Page 5 Empty Re: For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.

Post by Parker Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:05 am

Chapalagringa wrote: Equally fair? Parker, you are unique. You got excited about something but your thoughts are unclear, irrelevant and do not apply.

Must I clarify, situations of growth? As in, learn it the hard way first, work through your struggles and the second time around is much easier? We don't all learn the same way Parker.

But you refuse to learn. If it doesn’t benefit you financially, you don’t want to hear the truth.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes. - Page 5 Empty Re: For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes.

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:16 am

What is your point? Your statement is weirdness. How about calling it a night and getting some rest.

I was wondering if you were offended i'd offer teaching her how to cook mediterranean? Being she has diabetes and mediterranean is the healthiest diet in the world i thought it'd help her.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:46 am

Chapalagringa wrote:What is your point? Your statement is weirdness. How about calling it a night and getting some rest.

I was wondering if you were offended i'd offer teaching her how to cook mediterranean? Being she has diabetes and mediterranean is the healthiest diet in the world i thought it'd help her.

My point is you only want to hear things that you might financially benefit from. You have no desire to hear what is lawful or morally right. Your choice, live with it.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:37 am

This getting to be a little off the wall, come on, 7 pages on maid service.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Wow! This new maid is amazing! She's cute, has a great sense of humor, tall like me, moves fast and most thorough. Had her work completed for the day in 1.5 hours! 2 hours if you include the laundry, feeding the dogs, babysitting, selling my home gym and taking calls. I couldn't ask for anyone to be more thorough than this gal! She moves the furniture, wiped down all the chair legs, knows how to handle a vacuum, cleaned the dirty mirror, washed down all the toys and got the crayon marks off. She even cleaned the pantry floor, which unbeknownst to me, wasn't getting cleaned! She served me my lunch. Homemade pasta with creamy chicken n basil sauce! She works for so cheap, in fact, I'm going to save so much money I think I'll treat myself to a massage once a week! And on top of it all...her name is even Chapalagringa!

The dear lady with the saddest story and seemed to have such potential, begging me for work for the past month, was a no show! Very Happy

Would you give her another chance, with no call? I called her cell phone twice. Me thinks, NO WAY! Dead Horse No way! Maybe she could be all that I think she could but Beer

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:45 pm

ROTFLMAO!

Haha! You did learn something.

Take it easy with your back...or you'll need the massage more than once a week.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 pm

HAHAHAHA!!! When she didn't show I thought, wow! Better to know now!

I wanted to know how long it would take me to do it, since a few people have asked me if I could, even if I'm not suppose to. Let me tell you, I'm one clean cookie! I like sweeping the floors with the shop vac. It's soothing white noise. I think I'll have to soak in the tub and my poor hands!!! And today is a half day. Can work 1 more hour before other things take priority.

Too funny. My husband asked me if I can do it, why hire someone? I'm not suppose to do it but thinking, hey, maybe treat myself to a massage once a week and lose a few pounds. Very Happy Since I'm swimming and now going to the gym where there is the special equipment for strengthening my back, maybe I can get better! Hope so!

Yes, too funny!!!!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:30 pm

The absolute best exercise for my back is Hatha Yoga...slow soothing strengthening. Grew 12 inches in 18 months when I was 12 and have had lower back problems since.

The other alternative is a nightly Robax Gold...still kills me to sweep, mop, vacuum and rake though...and the handles are so short here that it's worse...a longer handle puts you more upright so it's not such a strain.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 pm

dear chapalagringa,1) if i was a normal maid id run from you as fast as i could!! you would eat me up & spit me out & drain me. id get that right away. i would know you were one of those americans who were nuts. you would confuse me & put so much on me that i would be too tired form just listening. id have no time to waste as i have a family& husband. 2) if i was a maid w/little intergrity, id manipulate the hell out of you. id have you serve me, id run rings around you. id know you needed me so much to talk too i would yes yes yes you. id lie on the couch as im laid back, tell you the classic hard luck stories. i might "accidently" break something from the stress. but in your case you were so over the top, EVEN I couldnt bring myself to show up.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:00 am

Looks to me like the cheese done slid off the cracker here. Can this at least receive a decent burial?

Enough is enough.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For the ladies...Maid Service-am I expecting too much?-My maid woes. - Page 5 Empty thread over

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 am

just summing it up. that should have been the first answer. the rest went in vain. done.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Not trying to stir too much, but...

It was mentioned that part time vs full time is different in salary. What is considered acceptable pay for full time domestic help. I am thinking about a multi-tasking position...cleans, cooks maybe one meal a day (nothing fancy...enchiladas, quesadillas, tacos, etc...), possibly take care of children for an hour or two after school, maybe shopping some (since she would cook some), etc... A basic household helper. This is what I had in the states, so I am curious. Is full time considered M-F? What would the going rate be for that type position?

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:26 pm

susie, how many hours per week? (per day)? the salary should be about 50pesos per hour & lunch. (the least 40 w/a raise later). IF its full time (i dont know the exact amount of hours that is considered "full", i will inquire w/m mexican friends), then theres medical insurance involved. 50pesos is more than a mexican would pay for full time. if the person drives, has some english skills & can do all that, the 50 per hr is a good wage. you sound like you know what you need.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

susan wrote:...... then theres medical insurance involved.

Not required by law. In fact to provide it voluntarily it is a big hassle and large expense. Rarely provided for domestic help.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:17 pm

This is one of the longest, dumber than a post in history of ANY board, threads...You have issue...hire attorney, negotiate pay out
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:35 pm

solovino: as i said in my other posts that i know many mexicans who do not pay insurance for full time. what i meant was susiesunshine should find out what the helper wants. then take it from there. (what i should have said is that there MAY be medical involved). sorry for the error.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 pm

susan wrote:solovino: as i said in my other posts that i know many mexicans who do not pay insurance for full time. what i meant was susiesunshine should find out what the helper wants. then take it from there. (what i should have said is that there MAY be medical involved). sorry for the error.

I'd be willing to bet you know no one who pays medical for domestic help. In the first place, IMSS medical is not required for domestic employees, be they full or part time. It is strictly voluntary.

In the second place, even part time employees at a business are considered full time employees by IMSS and contributions are paid accordingly.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Is there a beating your head against the wall emoticon? Why can't this thread just expire of natural causes, or alternatively lack of participation.

1. Nobody pays IMSS for domestics, ever.
2. The matter of pay scales has already been discussed ad nauseum. Between 35 and 50 per hour.
3. LET IT DIE, please. Smokealot

For those unwilling or unable to deal with household help. Call Spring Clean and be done with it. POR FAVOR. Just pick up the phone. You are one call away from a blissful stress free future, and so are the rest of us.

Graçias,
Raq.

Last edited by raqueteer on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

raqueteer wrote:Is there a beating your head against the wall emoticon? Why can't this thread just expire of natural causes, or alternatively lack of participation.

1. Nobody pays IMSS for domestics, ever.
2. The matter of pay scales has already been discussed ad nauseum. Between 35 and 50 per hour.
3. LET IT DIE, please. Smokealot

For those unwilling or unable to deal with household help. Call Spring Clean and be done with it. POR FAVOR. Just pick up the phone. You are one call away from a blissful stress free future, and so are the rest of us.

Graçias,
Raq.

Raq........Right on....dumbest thread ever
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 pm

it happends to be the most entertaining thread. check out the male perspective. we do know someone who pays medical for domestic help, (even p/t): her name is chapalagringa.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:55 pm

susan, while this thread may have been somewhat entertaining in the beginning, the bloom is now off the rose, the cheese has slid off the cracker, the wheels are off the wagon, and it is truly time to say beddy byes and move on.

A suggestion, come up with something more entertaining, start a new thread, and we can forget about the endless repetitions, never ending explanations and move on with our lives. For those of us who do know how to manage a household, trying to explain that to someone who does not, and probably never will, is beyond pointless.

We're talking thread drift, personal chit chat and pointless drivel, all of which is not on my list of things to do. Slow motion train wrecks, while temporary diversions from real life contribute less than nothing.

Are we quite clear now sweetie?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieSunshine Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks...I think. Will ask my Mexican friends about full time.

SusieSunshine
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 pm

ragueteer: so what if this goes on for 5 years? whose forcing you to look@ it? there are other topics. start one if you are SO compulsive that you have go back for more. why torture yourself?

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 pm

People, be real, the thread will die when there’s no one is left that is still interested. If you’re bored, then just bow out. There is no requirement on your participation so you can, without permission, just move on and let those that are enjoying themselves talk to each other. This incessant need to dominate what others say or the feeling that others will go astray, if you don’t control them is self-telling.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Insert THREAD investe/in place of song:

at this point, if we'd merge it w/the male thread, we'd have 13 wonderful pages about maid service and cleanliness Very Happy

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : go ahead, humor me and play the dang song once)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 am

Parker wrote:People, be real, the thread will die when there’s no one is left that is still interested. If you’re bored, then just bow out. There is no requirement on your participation so you can, without permission, just move on and let those that are enjoying themselves talk to each other. This incessant need to dominate what others say or the feeling that others will go astray, if you don’t control them is self-telling.

And so is this little gem Parker, telling people to drop dead, or dig themselves a grave.

"Susan wrote": if you continue to tell people to drop dead than i will be forced to report you. you are very mean. dont flatter yourself, our paths wont cross. You are kidding, right? I still believe you should “dig a grave and jump in” and think rationally for a short period of time, this may be a new experience for you but sometimes this really can help

I will notify board management to stop sending me emails about this, the biggest waste of time on the entire internet. Do have a nice day.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next