INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for Thought

3 posters

Go down

Food for Thought Empty Food for Thought

Post by rafterbr Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:26 pm

My Mexican Daughter-in-Law who is a chef in Germany is visiting us. We had taken her to several of the so called better restaurants Lakeside when she told me she could get these kind of foods in Germany. She wanted to eat with the Mexican people. These restaurants for a standard meal with soft drinks for 3 people had cost me an average of 750 pesos. We selected several Mexican cafes on the carretera to try. Even though we sat outside we wanted them to have both inside and outside seating as we thought if they had inside seating they would have water for washing dishes. All of the cafes we ate at had good meals with a plentiful selection of condiments. Average cost for 3 people with soft drinks was $250 pesos. I couldn't believe they were this cheap. I got bad meals at 3 of the so called better restaurants which has me thinking, I will be eating with the common working Mexicans a lot more.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mordita63 likes this post

rckrckr dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Food for Thought Empty Re: Food for Thought

Post by mudgirl Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:55 pm

You've lived in Mexico how long, and only just figured this out? One of the things I have enjoyed when travelling in Mexico is that you can stop at just about any little hole in the wall restaurant and get a decent meal for a super reasonable price.

I have indeed gotten some bad meals at so-called nice restaurants, as well as food poisoning. That's never happened when eating at a small real Mexican place or taco stand where the locals eat..

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Mordita63 and rafterbr like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:06 pm

Food for Thought Img_2011
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, Mordita63, rafterbr and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:00 pm

For any of you who ever fly into PV, there is my favorite place tucked under the overhead walkway across from the airport, Tacon de Marlin. Huge burritos stuffed with a mountain of smoked marlin (or many other choices of seafood), comes with a small salad of chopped cucumbers, jicama, etc. in a mayonaissy dressing, all for 110 pesos. I discovered it years ago while waiting for the bus after arriving from a flight, noticing the place was packed with business-class Mexicans.

Sit down or take-out.

Those burritos are enough for me for 2 meals.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down