INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television options

+4
karjoeaz
BisbeeGal
casi nada
Carry Bean
8 posters

Go down

Television options Empty Television options

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:38 am

I am currently with Clear Choice BUT I have been without for the 2nd day due to an issue that seemingly is affecting just me so I’m exploring other possibilities. I quite like Clear Choice. Had Shaw for a long time but ditched it for Clear Choice. Not wild about getting a Firestick but have a what I guess is an Android box. What’s available for someone with internet speeds of 10-15 mg?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Television options Empty Re: Television options

Post by casi nada Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I am currently with Clear Choice BUT I have been without for the 2nd day due to an issue that seemingly is affecting just me so I’m exploring other possibilities. I quite like Clear Choice. Had Shaw for a long time but ditched it for Clear Choice. Not wild about getting a Firestick but have a what I guess is an Android box.  What’s available for someone with internet speeds of 10-15 mg?

Before you look for another service, have you done device and app maintenance? If not, go into SETTINGS on the Android Box and find APPS. Choose the Clear Choice app and clear the cache. Then power off the modem for about 5 minutes and also power off your Android Box and restart. Check your internet connection/speed and then try Clear Choice again.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:29 pm

Did that. I think it’s something to do with the issue Clear Choice had yesterday. My credentials don’t work.

Would like to try a different service. I’m home so much due to Covid (and my breathing issues) that I need a reliable service.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:01 pm

Anyone have The Black Box as advertised in the Guad Reporter? $99.00/USD for 3 months. They ship you the box and you install it which gives me pause.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:16 pm

Have you tried USTVnow.com? You can sample free stuff before signing up, see if it works for you.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

kiko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Television options Empty clear choice

Post by karjoeaz Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Why did you ditch shaw tv?

karjoeaz

Humor : Halariuos w/alohol

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:10 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:Have you tried USTVnow.com?  You can sample free stuff before signing up, see if it works for you.
Thanks. I’ll try it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:12 pm

karjoeaz wrote:Why did you ditch shaw tv?

I liked it but lost some channels and heard it was going out of business down here which seems to be an exaggeration now. Gave away my equipment.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:41 pm

I like not paying anything for entertainment. https://ustvgo.tv/
Everything is available BUT you need a vpn for some things and I use Nordvpn... and the slow speed of your internet may be a problem. I love TotalPlay for speed, consistency and outstanding customer service. I dumped Shaw in December of 2015.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rafterbr Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:41 pm

Carry Bean wrote:I am currently with Clear Choice BUT I have been without for the 2nd day due to an issue that seemingly is affecting just me so I’m exploring other possibilities. I quite like Clear Choice. Had Shaw for a long time but ditched it for Clear Choice. Not wild about getting a Firestick but have a what I guess is an Android box.  What’s available for someone with internet speeds of 10-15 mg?

You need to get a fire cube from Amazon. In the future you only have to pay for internet. I have Telmex and get the internet speeds you quoted. The cube gives me literally thousands of movies and television from all over the world. Even great television from Canada. I like to watch the Brit movies and comedies.

rafterbr
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and Plan B like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:52 pm

rafterbr wrote:

You need to get a fire cube from Amazon.  In the future you only have to pay for internet.  I have Telmex and get the internet speeds you quoted.  The cube gives me literally thousands of movies and television from all over the world.  Even great television from Canada. I like to watch the Brit movies and comedies.

I’ll look into that. Clear Choice is now up but the Fire Cube may be a good back up. Thanks all.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:57 pm

Fire cube not available.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:32 pm

Mercado Libre
Fire Cube

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Thanks!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:02 am

rafterbr wrote:

You need to get a fire cube from Amazon.  In the future you only have to pay for internet.  I have Telmex and get the internet speeds you quoted.  The cube gives me literally thousands of movies and television from all over the world.  Even great television from Canada. I like to watch the Brit movies and comedies.

I'm not understanding.  The Cube uses the same operating system as the Firestick 4K.  Did someone install a third party app with Movies and TV? Because the Cube and Firestick 4K are identical interface-wise, they just use different hardware.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:43 am

rafterbr wrote:

I have the same Fire Cube and am able to see all that I want.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:46 am

casi nada wrote:
rafterbr wrote:

I'm not understanding.  The Cube uses the same operating system as the Firestick 4K.  Did someone install a third party app with Movies and TV? Because the Cube and Firestick 4K are identical interface-wise, they just use different hardware.

The FS4k and Cube are similar in some respects, however the Cube is superior in the processor, OS and memory, therefore operates better. You also get the benefit of voice control, Alexa.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:03 am

Plan B wrote:
rafterbr wrote:

How are you "able to see all that I want"? Which apps are you using? Paid services?

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:24 am

How are you "able to see all that I want"?  Which apps are you using?  Paid services?[/quote]

BTW, if you are an Amazon Prime member a few viewing options are available.

No paid services, however it requires some setup on your behalf. Check out these two sites and they can direct you to all you need to know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2413831438646452

https://www.facebook.com/groups/254112856831095
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:34 am

casi nada wrote:
Plan B wrote:
rafterbr wrote:

How are you "able to see all that I want"?  Which apps are you using?  Paid services?

No paid services, however it requires some setup on your behalf. Check out these two sites and they can direct you to all you need to know.

Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:51 am

Just out of curiosity, I checked Amazon Mexico for the cube. Didn't find it but there are a LOT of books available about how to set it up. So many that I wonder just how complicated it is. Ni modo. I'm happy with what I have.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:57 am

ferret wrote:Just out of curiosity, I checked Amazon Mexico for the cube. Didn't find it but there are a LOT of books available about how to set it up. So many that I wonder just how complicated it is. Ni modo. I'm happy with what I have.

The Cube is not available in Amazon MX and is out of stock in Amazon US. I checked with a source and it is available in the UK. ML sells it but at a higher price, and you need to check that you get the 2nd generation. BTW, the FS4K is still a great option if you can't obtain the Cube and a lot less to purchase.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:12 pm

Plan B wrote:
casi nada wrote:
Plan B wrote:
rafterbr wrote:

How are you "able to see all that I want"?  Which apps are you using?  Paid services?

OK. That makes sense. So there's is nothing unique about the Cube as far as content goes. It's just a better streaming device than the FS4K. BTW, if you want a great streaming device, the Nvidia Shield Pro is really good, but for most people it's overkill, and it's very pricey (about $5,000 on Amazon MX).

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:56 pm

casi nada wrote:
Plan B wrote:
casi nada wrote:
Plan B wrote:
rafterbr wrote:

OK.  That makes sense.  So there's is nothing unique about the Cube as far as content goes.  It's just a better streaming device than the FS4K.  BTW, if you want a great streaming device, the Nvidia Shield Pro is really good, but for most people it's overkill, and it's very pricey (about $5,000 on Amazon MX).

The Shield has shown to be less capable than the Cube in some tests for streaming
,at a substantial lesser cost.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:01 pm

rckrckr wrote:Mercado Libre
Fire Cube

Make sure to get the latest version of the Cube.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down