INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Washer & Dryer Options Here

+8
ferret
Solovino
Carry Bean
simpsca
gringal
CheenaGringo
hockables
Chapalagringa
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Washer & Dryer Options Here Empty New Washer & Dryer Options Here

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Not looking to buy anything until maybe next year but was wondering what newer units have been doing well in our area? Stopped by and talked w/Claudia at Tio Sams but she only commented that there are some problems w/top loaders. I want to get a front loader.

We noticed that Costco has an LG W/D Combo, candy apple red, that is now reduced in price but after learning that it's a ventless electric system and dries much slower, I'm shying away from the idea.

First choice brand names at this point are:
GE Profile
Maytag

They don't make them to last anymore, 10 years on the motor.

BTW, we have a LOT of laundry. All the kids still live at home. Some small and some really big ones!

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

New Washer & Dryer Options Here Empty Re: New Washer & Dryer Options Here

Post by hockables Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 pm

New Washer & Dryer Options Here 374777 Kids...

Are they still mak'n them?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:12 pm

[img]New Washer & Dryer Options Here Old_wa10[/img]

[img]New Washer & Dryer Options Here Clothe10[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:25 pm

hahaha!!! to all the above!!!

I have a clothes line & PINS!

Can you believe that one of those kids wants to get married and take my w/d with them??? It's an older Maytag and still works pretty good. It was boughten refurbished back in the states about 4.5 years ago! Figured I could give the old set away and mama get a new shiny one Very Happy I like that Maytag, silver set that's stacked in the Tio Sam's window. But if it has known problemos, I'd be happy w/another name brand.

You were suppose to give me:
New Washer & Dryer Options Here 1159213983_972ebc834f

We live in Mexico!! My first experience with one of those in our first rental house was, what is it? Why is there no drain for the side that holds water? lol Which, I still don't know why there is no drain...
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:31 pm

They forgot to give you the picture of the women pounding the clothes on rocks in the stream.
Then you string a clothesline between those rebar thiings usually sticking up from the roof and there you go. Or lay them on a bush to dry.

We've had the cheapest model Whirlpool pair, top loading washer, for four years from Tio Sams and it's still kicking along. Gas dryer. I figure it doesn't pay to get the top model: they're all programmed to wear out about the same time. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:41 pm

gringal wrote:They forgot to give you the picture of the women pounding the clothes on rocks in the stream.
Then you string a clothesline between those rebar thiings usually sticking up from the roof and there you go. Or lay them on a bush to dry.

We've had the cheapest model Whirlpool pair, top loading washer, for four years from Tio Sams and it's still kicking along. Gas dryer. I figure it doesn't pay to get the top model: they're all programmed to wear out about the same time. pirat

Or on the barb wire fencing!

The other benefit about that Mexican sink is that when your laundry is outside and it fills up with rain water, it makes a great mosquito mill!

I like the way you think gringal! All programmed to wear out about the same time...that's a goodin!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 pm

I saw on TV yesterday that there is a problem with mold in the front loaders. They have gaskets to keep the water from spilling out and the gaskets develop mold. The show recommended you turn the gasket inside out and clean it with bleach regularly and run a wash cycle at least once a week with bleach. I thought about a front loader when I bought my most recent W/D and decided to go with a GE which I had prior to this one for over 12 years and still going strong. Not as much laundry as you probably.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 pm

I've got a Whirlpool washer (top loader) and gas Whirlpool dryer from Tio Sam's 1 1/2 years ago that's never needed a service call so far. I avoided all the fancy electronic stuff with the power situation here & went basic. Works for me.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 pm

simpsca wrote:I saw on TV yesterday that there is a problem with mold in the front loaders. They have gaskets to keep the water from spilling out and the gaskets develop mold. The show recommended you turn the gasket inside out and clean it with bleach regularly and run a wash cycle at least once a week with bleach. I thought about a front loader when I bought my most recent W/D and decided to go with a GE which I had prior to this one for over 12 years and still going strong. Not as much laundry as you probably.
\

Wonder if white vinegar would work. We're on septic & can't use bleach. Thank you for the insight!

CarryBean, thanks too!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 pm

deleted by mod.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Good morning, Solovino!

boughten?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 pm

For clues, check out the thread on the fireplace building project, the name of husband and the tribute to his genius. This is a memory test. Have fun.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:36 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:

boughten?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boughten

It's a real word silly! purchased would have been nicer I suppose.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 pm

No game but names and work remain off the board so plz, you may send me a pm, I'm not changing my login name. I enjoy chatting with you. No debates about certain subjects online or in person. Happy to meet up for coffee or have you over for dinner. Online friends?? si o no.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added or in person :))
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:48 pm

"It's a real word silly!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090523222910AAXiuLU

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:No game but names and work remain off the board so plz, you may send me a pm, I'm not changing my login name. I enjoy chatting with you. No debates about certain subjects online. Happy to meet up for coffee or have you over for dinner. Online friends?? si o no.

People are naturally curious about one another, so you have no reason to be offended.
Anonymity works as long as there are no solid clues. There's no harm in knowing who you are, is there?

If you really want to hide your identity..........you would have to change your handle to pull it off.
Nothing personal. Peace.
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 pm

Had an LG Tromm front loader on the coast and loved it. A front loader also only uses 10 gallons of water compared to 50 gallons with a top loader...your septic system will love you. It was super quiet and spun the clothes nearly dry which really saved on drying time (and costs).

Check the gasket at the front...ours was totally attached so there was no place for water to sit and mould up and smell. After a load of washing, I just left the door slighly ajar to dry.

BTW, we bought "last years floor model" from Tio Sams in PV and saved a bundle.

You can use oxyclean with a septic system.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:01 pm

ferret wrote:Had an LG Tromm front loader on the coast and loved it. A front loader also only uses 10 gallons of water compared to 50 gallons with a top loader...your septic system will love you. It was super quiet and spun the clothes nearly dry which really saved on drying time (and costs).

Check the gasket at the front...ours was totally attached so there was no place for water to sit and mould up and smell. After a load of washing, I just left the door slighly ajar to dry.

BTW, we bought "last years floor model" from Tio Sams in PV and saved a bundle.

You can use oxyclean with a septic system.

We also have the LG Tromm. As does a daughter.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:59 pm

gringal wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:No game but names and work remain off the board so plz, you may send me a pm, I'm not changing my login name. I enjoy chatting with you. No debates about certain subjects online. Happy to meet up for coffee or have you over for dinner. Online friends?? si o no.

People are naturally curious about one another, so you have no reason to be offended.
Anonymity works as long as there are no solid clues. There's no harm in knowing who you are, is there?

If you really want to hide your identity..........you would have to change your handle to pull it off.
Nothing personal. Peace.
Very Happy

I'd send you a pm but last i remember that wasn't possible. It's for security reasons only. I don't care if you know me or the regulars that post, and think it's fun meeting up once in a while. As it stands, no names or work online please :) From time to time individuals will email me that people are asking for me online. I just respond in a pm if it's on a forum. Are we cool?

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : checked and pm does work... take that back, doesn't work)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Great advice Ferret & Solovino!!! Thank you!!!! Wow, what a water savings!!! Will look into that model!

Love floor models! :) Our fridge is one and it's great! There was a scratch, so it was discounted. We bought it site unseen. The scratch is a tiny thin one that slides back into the wall...you'll never see it!

oxyclean, will it brighten the whites? Our water is so hard that many of my whites are turning cream! eww! I'm trying different products like Vanish, which was recommended by a Mexican friend but she said you have to use a lot. Another Mexican friend said to use Pinol, the floor soap! I tried white vinegar & sun drying. Now trying Tide Stain Release. See now, if I used one of those Mexican sinks, my whites would be bright! :)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

This is my/our experience in our Community.

We have a Whirlpool 11 kg Extra Capacity WHIRLPOOL Washer (top load) and Dryer supplied by the builder, not overly fancy. No electronic pushbuttons. No problems. A good washer and dryer can last for 20 years. We had a Kenmore Washer and Dryer (made by Whirlpool) in the States, 20 years old, no service calls and sold it to the new owner of our house. We will buy a Whirlpool over any other any day.

If someone wants GE Profile, it's gonna be expensive. We have a GE Profile fridge and dishwasher. Only problem was the dishwasher, but it's 10 years old. In this Community there have been problems with Maytag which is only a name now.

Personally we wouldn't buy anything with LG's name on it. I'm not saying that they're not good. First they started in electronics. Who are they?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:22 pm

I believe LG is an Asian electronics company that used to deal cheap electronic crap under the name of Candle, Lloyds, Jutan, etc. They re-branded themselves a few years ago and now put out what appears "on the surface" to be higher quality electronics and household appliances but I believe it is the same old crap with better dressing. Like the old song said "A 3 dressed up as a 9"..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 pm

But only good at the bar closing time?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:46 pm

johninajijic wrote:This is my/our experience in our Community.

We have a Whirlpool 11 kg Extra Capacity WHIRLPOOL Washer (top load) and Dryer supplied by the builder, not overly fancy. No electronic pushbuttons. No problems. A good washer and dryer can last for 20 years. We had a Kenmore Washer and Dryer (made by Whirlpool) in the States, 20 years old, no service calls and sold it to the new owner of our house. We will buy a Whirlpool over any other any day.

If someone wants GE Profile, it's gonna be expensive. We have a GE Profile fridge and dishwasher. Only problem was the dishwasher, but it's 10 years old. In this Community there have been problems with Maytag which is only a name now.

Personally we wouldn't buy anything with LG's name on it. I'm not saying that they're not good. First they started in electronics. Who are they?

Bob LG is south Korean. and they make high quality appliances. I have an LG vacuum cleaner 12 years old that won't quit and use it all the time. Dog ate a few of the attachments, but otherwise it's still going strong.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Our 22 year old top load Norge finally bit the dust. After some research - Consumers Reports, purchased a front load LG with the steam and allergen cycles. $C1200. all in. Probably $2-300 cheaper stateside. Touted yearly operating cost (ex water heating) $8. The loads come out just damp, so minimal dryer time. never thought I'd say I'm smitten with an appliance. It even sings you a little "happy" song when the load is finished. The look on my face the 1st time I heard that must have been priceless. Meanwhile the 22 yr. old Norge electric dryer (replaced the heating element and belts about 5 yrs. ago) just keeps going and is now doing less work and using less $.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next