INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa

+5
BisbeeGal
gringal
mudgirl
Carry Bean
CanuckBob
9 posters

Go down

2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa Empty 2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:29 am

Someone posted this chart of FB. Why it wouldn't be the same everywhere in the world is a mystery to me. Viva Mexico.

2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa Chart10

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Carry Bean and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa Empty Re: 2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa

Post by Carry Bean Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:10 am

That’s interesting. Wonder how they came up with the figures? No surprise McAllen would be lowest. I actually liked McAllen the one time I visited. Good shopping too.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa Empty Re: 2022 financial requirements for Temp and Perm residency visa

Post by mudgirl Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:03 pm

That's bizarre, that the requirements would be different depending in where one applied.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:06 pm

At this point, it would be helpful if the requirements for temporary status required for the 6 month visa as well as those for the FM 3 and FM 2 were listed for the present. I understand they have increased since the time I and esposo got our FM3 status.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:29 pm

gringal wrote:At this point, it would be helpful if the requirements for temporary status required for the 6 month visa as well as those for the FM 3 and FM 2 were listed for the present.  I understand they have increased since the time I and esposo got our FM3 status.

No more FM2 or FM3....Residente Temporal is equivalent of FM3; Permanente is equivalent to FM2. The 6 month visa is FMM turista....mostly covered within airfare or 600p at land.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:31 pm

mudgirl wrote:That's bizarre, that the requirements would be different depending in where one applied.

I went to the original story....they called consulates during this year.  Most are within a reasonable range given the Peso:Dollar fluctuation. Other than McAllen.  I am wondering if that one is an error.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:17 pm

Yes, McAllen looks low. If you called them all again you would probably get a different number.......lol. Good ballpark though. I'm happy to see it is relatively high dollar requirements for a visa. Already too many people here that can't really afford it, particularly medical issues.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:21 pm

So...how about giving us the numbers of $$$?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:26 pm

gringal wrote:So...how about giving us the numbers of $$$?

See the chart Bob posted.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:49 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but the recent chart Bob posted has nothing to do with Mexico's financial requirements for the various visas.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:10 pm

gringal wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but the recent chart Bob posted has nothing to do with Mexico's financial requirements for the various visas.

The amounts in the chart posted are what the consulates told the caller what the financial requirements are to get temporal or Permanente residence in Mexico.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret and BisbeeGal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:35 pm

gringal wrote:So...how about giving us the numbers of $$$?

Why and how? It's based on pesos. The dollar amount would vary with the exchange rate at any given time.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:09 am

Okay. Here's what I don't understand: Back when we applied for our visas, a certain income level and/or savings needed to be declared. It didn't matter what state you were coming from. What's the meaning of the chart? Is this something new?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:19 am

I thought the amount was linked to the minimum wage wso what is that chart about? Each consulate decides on the amount?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:26 am

gringal wrote:Okay.  Here's what I don't understand:  Back when we applied for our visas, a certain income level and/or savings needed to be declared. It didn't matter what state you were coming from.  What's the meaning of the chart? Is this something new?

The chart is pointing out some mostly minor discrepancies at a few local Mexican consulates in some selected cities in US.  McAllen has a very low income requirement on that chart for RT's, making one wonder if it is accurate.  New Orleans numbers seem out of kilter, too.  However most share a modest range, most likely due to exchange rate on the date the author got their info (the author is showing USD equivalent).

Since you were living here when the FM2/FM3 visas were eliminated you did not need to go to US to make the transition to either RT or RP; however new applicants have to start at a local Mexican consulate outside of Mexico.  

There have been reports that various Mexican consulates in the US treat applicants differently, both in timeliness of appointments, income levels (some only count pensions as income), strictness of documentation (some require original bank statements, some require them to be translated, some require marriage licenses some with apostilles, etc.)
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:43 am

Now I think I understand. We applied for our first Visa in California, and thereafter dealt with these matters in Mexico.
We became "permanente" back in 2010.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:48 am

My memory is fairly faulty but back in 2010 was it even possible to get the equivalent of Permanente?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:50 am

Carry Bean wrote:My memory is fairly faulty but back in 2010 was it even possible to get the equivalent of Permanente?  
Yes.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:56 am

The RTs and RPs came into effect very late 2012 but Chapala didn't process until early 2013, as I recall.  We were in midst of house sale in November 2012 and issue with capital gains exclusion.  We had FM3's and local INM moved us to FM2's (but didn't have capability to go to RP's as they didn't yet have the cards, etc.).

I just googled and the RP and RT laws were enacted in late September 2012; again, Chapala (and most INM offices) wasn't ready on Day One.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:14 am

We received our Inmigrado status in Chapala in 2012. Inmigrado is exactly the same as Permanente. My card says Inmigrado and, at times, it causes me problems like when trying to get vaccinated. The young gate keepers don't understand that it's the same.
I liked the old system better.
We arrived on a six month FMM, became FM3 holders by applying in San Miguel de Allende. We stayed at FM3 level for 10 years because I was back and forth dealing with my mum in Canada. Then FM2 for five years and then Inmigrado.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:35 am

Yeah, I came in as FM3 then later became FM2, now Permanente which is what my card says. Why is yours Inmigrado or did they just do that for a time then?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:21 pm

The third level was always called Inmigrado before it was changed to Permanente. After the five years with the FM2, your choice was Inmigrado or Citizen. If we had become citizens, we would have had to file Mexican taxes on our worldwide income. Absolutely not worth the headache.
It was late 2012 before that change to "Permanente" became official. Our FM2's end was in June of that year.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:00 pm

We used Spencer to do all our immigration work...so I'm assuming he did it right.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:59 pm

UMA is replacing Mexico's 'minimum wage' as a basis for official calculations. This article describes how it affects applications for legal residency.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:05 pm

BUT.....from the article, most importantly---

Immigration offices use UMA, but Mexican consulates do not.

When you apply for legal residency in Mexico under the auspice of ‘economic solvency,’ the financial criteria for qualification were tied to multiples of the minimum salary, but Mexico’s Immigration Institute, the INM, are now applying multiples of UMA to their calculations instead.

However, Mexican consulates abroad —where most applications for residency must begin— have continued to use multiples of the minimum salary and not UMA as the basis for their calculations related to residency qualification.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down