INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need water filters changed…

+7
Plan B
cypress
kiko
ferret
SunshineyDay
CanuckBob
Carry Bean
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Need water filters changed… Empty Need water filters changed…

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:41 am

Does anyone know who does this besides Jackie at H2ole who doesn’t answer phones and never calls back? I’m desperate here in Riberas where the water is getting more disgusting by the minute.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need water filters changed… Empty Re: Need water filters changed…

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:30 am

Wound up calling Arturo, the plumber who is coming tomorrow (I hope.)
Never has been this bad but tired of trying to chase Jackie down and begging. Jackie’s Dad never treated customers like this.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 am

I do wonder how Jackie stays in business. All I ever hear is how people are looking for him and how he never answers the phone or returns calls. There are several other water filtration companies around.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:42 pm

Arturo came today and changed the filters from the street and now went to get the inside filters and light bulb that kills the germs.

What’s the name of the other filtration companies. I’d like to set up a regular schedule with one. Looked in the Yellow Pages. Will see if Techno Aqua does maintenance.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:10 pm

Carry I gave up on Jackie. I needed uv lite changed so I called Techno Agua. They do maintenance.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean and tjt like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Great, then I’ll set up the maintenance with them. Thanks. Don’t know what Jackie’s issue is but I’ve wasted enough time begging him to show up over the years.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:58 pm

An update re Arturo. I was charged 1800 pesos to change 4 filters. Didn’t include the light bulb. Struck me as way too expensive so next time I’ll give Techno Aqua a try.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:49 pm

The filters aren't cheap either and come in various sizes and qualities. I bought ONE filter from Casa de Plomero and it was 637 pesos. I choked on the price but it was a Sunday and I had no water in the entire house.
If you have the wrapper from each filter still in your possession, go and purchase replacement filters so you'll have them on hand. I suspect you'll be surprised how expensive they are but you'll also have a true idea of what his labour (and running around for filters) really cost.
My fine tuning potable water purification system with the UV light is under the sink. I don't fold as well as I used to plus I can't get the damn canisters off. I will also have to contact Techno Agua for assistance.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:01 pm

ferret wrote:The filters aren't cheap either and come in various sizes and qualities. I bought ONE filter from Casa de Plomero and it was 637 pesos. I choked on the price but it was a Sunday and I had no water in the entire house.
If you have the wrapper from each filter still in your possession, go and purchase replacement filters so you'll have them on hand. I suspect you'll be surprised how expensive they are but you'll also have a true idea of what his labour (and running around for filters) really cost.
My fine tuning potable water purification system with the UV light is under the sink. I don't fold as well as I used to plus I can't get the damn canisters off. I will also have to contact Techno Agua for assistance.

Thanks! Wish I could remember what I last paid but maybe they did jump in price. I feel better now. I did like Arturo and was grateful he came so I’ll use him for other plumbing issues. Will still contact Techno Aqua plus still need the light bulb changed. I have 2 fatter filters in the garage for water from the street and 2 longer skinnier filters in the the utility room so the whole house is filtered.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:26 pm

It might be worth looking into a cartridge filter that uses a stainless steel mesh media that can be reversed flushed clean in lieu of buying disposable filters.  You would need to calculate the max gpm to determine if one filter is adequate or if you need more than one installed in parallel to achieve the desired gpm.

Probably not practical if you are on a well system with a high volume of sand particles.  The stainless steel mesh would require frequent backwashes in that case so more maintenance.  If nothing more, it could be installed before the disposable filters to block the majority of the larger sediment particles thus extending the life of the disposible filters greatly.  I dunno just an idea.  Here is one that might work:

Stainless Steel Filter
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:16 pm

Thanks. I’ll check with Techno Aqua when I have them come and see if that’s viable.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need water filters changed… Empty Water supply

Post by cypress Sun May 08, 2022 6:33 am

Carry Bean wrote:Arturo came today and changed the filters from the street and now went to get the inside filters and light bulb that kills the germs.

What’s the name of the other filtration companies. I’d like to set up a regular schedule with one. Looked in the Yellow Pages. Will see if Techno Aqua does maintenance.
Techno Agua in west Ajijic

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need water filters changed… Empty Water supply

Post by cypress Sun May 08, 2022 6:37 am

ferret wrote:The filters aren't cheap either and come in various sizes and qualities. I bought ONE filter from Casa de Plomero and it was 637 pesos. I choked on the price but it was a Sunday and I had no water in the entire house.

I found the lowest prices on filters on the carretera west of Chapala across from Guadalajara Farmacia.

Last edited by cypress on Sun May 08, 2022 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Sun May 08, 2022 8:48 am

I purchase polyester extruded filters vs string wound filters vs paper filters, since they have the same characteristics but are less expensive. The main filter is a washable polyester filter to capture sediment. Use carbon filters when necessary. Purchase from http://www.elmundodelagua.com.mx/.
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 08, 2022 11:46 am

There are many places to buy filters. I still can't get the canisters off to change them. I need a person who can put a dent in my "honey do" list. A reliable person with a brain and who knows how to tell time.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun May 08, 2022 12:11 pm

kiko wrote:

Probably not practical if you are on a well system with a high volume of sand particles.  

I still use garafons so don't have a potable water system, but I do have a filter on my water line because the water is sandy. It's just a cheap Rotoplas filter like the ones that usually come with a new tinako.

So this might work as a primary filter to filter out sand and silt, for those who don't want that clogging up their expensive potable water filters.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun May 08, 2022 1:25 pm

I do have a primary water filter before the tinaco. It's waist high and easy to change.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun May 08, 2022 1:26 pm

ferret wrote:There are many places to buy filters. I still can't get the canisters off to change them. I need a person who can put a dent in my "honey do" list. A reliable person with a brain and who knows how to tell time.

Do you have one of those plastic things you you slip over the canister that has a handle you use to turn and loosen the filter canister? I do but still can’t do it. My honey do list is about the size of the Manhattan phone book.  Mostly stupid little piddly things.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sun May 08, 2022 2:35 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
ferret wrote:There are many places to buy filters. I still can't get the canisters off to change them. I need a person who can put a dent in my "honey do" list. A reliable person with a brain and who knows how to tell time.

Do you have one of those plastic things you you slip over the canister that has a handle you use to turn and loosen the filter canister? I do but still can’t do it.

That's probably because it was over-tightened to start with. My cheap Rotoplas sand filter came with the removal device and also instructions to not over-tighten it- that there should be a gap of a few milimeters between the housing and the top. I'm not familiar with the potable water filters, but I assume they have a rubber gasket that compresses and seals it, so it isn't necessary to tighten the lid so hard that it is impossible for the average person to remove themselves.

The same concept applies when changing out sink faucet washers if the taps are leaking. You aren't supposed to tighten them down super hard, just enough that you feel some resistence so the new washer is slightly compressed and stops it from leaking.

And here's a tip my ex, who was a carpenter, taught me. When something that screws on, be it an actual screw, a lid, etc, is proving impossible to remove, start by trying to turn it a bit in the direction which would tighten it first. That sounds counter-intuitive, but it can actually help loosen the thing when you then turn it in the opposite direction.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Carry Bean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun May 08, 2022 6:24 pm

mudgirl wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:

Do you have one of those plastic things you you slip over the canister that has a handle you use to turn and loosen the filter canister? I do but still can’t do it.

That's probably because it was over-tightened to start with. My cheap Rotoplas sand filter came with the removal device and also instructions to not over-tighten it- that there should be a gap of a few milimeters between the housing and the top. I'm not familiar with the potable water filters, but I assume they have a rubber gasket that compresses and seals it, so it isn't necessary to tighten the lid so hard that it is impossible for the average person to remove themselves.

The same concept applies when changing out sink faucet washers if the taps are leaking. You aren't supposed to tighten them down super hard, just enough that you feel some resistence so the new washer is slightly compressed and stops it from leaking.

And here's a tip my ex, who was a carpenter, taught me. When something that screws on, be it an actual screw, a lid, etc, is proving impossible to remove, start by trying to turn it a bit in the direction which would tighten it first. That sounds counter-intuitive, but it can actually help loosen the thing when you then turn it in the opposite direction.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun May 08, 2022 6:26 pm

Yes, the potable water filters have a rubber gasket that compresses and seals it, so it isn't necessary to tighten the lid so hard that it is impossible for the average person to remove themselves. I have done it many times. I used Jackie once but he was too unreliable. If I had a problem I used Techno Agua.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Need water filters changed… Empty How to contact Techno Agua

Post by tombo Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:44 pm

I'd like to try the Techno Agua folks mentioned here for the maintenance on our under-sink filter.

Can someone please post contact info for them?

Thanks.
tombo
tombo

Back to top Go down

Post by rckrckr Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 pm

376 766 3731, 331 413 1618

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RickS and tombo like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:37 pm

I had Techno Agua out this morning. He was even a bit early! For the two fatter filters in the garage and the two longer skinny ones in the laundry room it was 1530 pesos including the 350 peso service charge. I’m quite pleased

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:14 pm

I've been dealing with garafons for years. When I was up in Canada this summer, I bought myself a Berkey water purifier. The filters supposedly last up to 7 years, depending on how much they have to filter out (so it'll probably be less than 7 years), but if they get a lot of mineral buildup and clog up they are scrubbable. I'm quite pleased with it and all I need to do is dump a couple jugs of regular tap water in it every 2 days.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next