INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid testing sites

+5
MexicoPete
BisbeeGal
RoyD
ferret
Mrs. De
9 posters

Go down

Covid testing sites Empty Covid testing sites

Post by Mrs. De Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am

Is it true that the testing station at Soriana's is closed.
If so, what other options are there, other thank the Walmart parking lot?
Thanks all, my guests are leaving Wed. the 9th and need the test.
Jan

Mrs. De

Back to top Go down

Covid testing sites Empty Re: Covid testing sites

Post by ferret Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:36 am

The Guadalajara Reporter has a front page article of testing sites in the paper January 22-28.
What is your location so I don't have to type them all?

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:53 pm

Below information copied directly from Guadalajara Reporter for January 22nd to January 28th of 2022. I would check first where there are phone numbers. Labs can and do run out of testing reagents.

JLN Labs Mobile Unit: Chapala Soriana supermarket parking lot. Open Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Saturday 8 am to 1 pm. Antigen test 489 pesos. Antibody test 489 pesos. PCR 2,900 pesos.

Laboratorio Clinica El Lago: Juarez 649-A behind the Chapala Bus Depot. Phone 376-765-6260. Open Monday to Friday 7:40 am to 3:30 pm. Saturday until 2 pm. Antigen Test 600 pesos, Antibody test 500 pesos, PCR 2,200 pesos.

Laboratorio Chopo (next to Pancho’s): Hidalgo 44 on the highway, Riberas del Pilar. Cell phone 334-737-3737. Open Monday to Friday 7 am to 4 pm. Saturday until 2 pm. Antigen test 698.99 pesos, Antibody test 698.99 pesos, PCR 2,399 pesos

Go Lab (just east of Mom’s Restaurant): Hidalgo 79-J, Riberas del Pilar. Phone 376-106-088?. Open Monday to Friday 8 am to 3 pm. Saturday until 1 pm. Antigen test 700 pesos, Antibody test 700 pesos, PCR 1,950 pesos.

Bestlab Laboratorio Clinico: Hidalgo 248-A, Riberas del Pilar. Phone 376-668-1174. Open Monday to Saturday 7:40 am to 3 pm. Antigen test 850 pesos.

Hospital San Antonio: Carretera Ote. 23. Phone 376-689-0911. Lab services Monday to Thursday open until noon. Antigen test 1,000 pesos, Antibody test 1,440 pesos, PCR 6,825 pesos (yikes!).

Walmart Mobile Unit: In the parking lot. Open daily 9 am to 6 pm but are sometimes closed for mid-afternoon lunch break. Antigen tests 199 pesos but is now limited to 150 tests per day.

Ribera Medical Center: on the Libramiento to Ajijic #153. Phone 376-765-8200 or 376-109-1700. Laboratory Services daily 9 am to 11 pm. Antigen test 700 pesos, Antibody test 1,280 pesos, PCR (Monday and Thursday only) 4,000 pesos.

Laboratorio Clinico Epsilon: Carretera Ote 58, Interior B. (inside office complex opposite Telmex Ajijic). Appointments by Whatsapp 418-149-9354. Open Monday to Saturday 8 am to 6 pm. Antigen test 199 pesos.

Hospital Ajijic: Carretera Ote. 33 (opposite Gossip’s Restaurant). Phone 376-766-0500. Testing unit in the back parking lot. Open Monday to Friday 11 am to noon. Antigen test 900 pesos, PCR 1,700 pesos.

Dr. Miryam Ruiz: In-home 24 test services. Cell phone 332-669-2632 or 332-041-8550, e-mail medicinaensegundos@gmail.com Antigen test 499 pesos, Antibody test 469 pesos, PCR 2,479 pesos.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté, RickS and Canada_Mike like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:27 pm

From US Embassy site dated Jan 27, 2022

If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.

If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

Of course, these thing change daily depending on which way the wind is blowing.

RoyD

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:06 pm

More info on what tests from CDC

“At this time all air passengers, 2 years or older, traveling to the U.S., regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 viral test result or documentation of recovery unless exempted.”

That means all travelers entering the U.S. must provide proof of a negative COVID test (PCR, antigen, or approved home tests or self-tests) taken within one day before travel.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:25 pm

Found out today, if you flying INTO Mexico, you have to have the test up to 72 hours before boarding the flight.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:58 pm

RoyD wrote:Found out today, if you flying INTO Mexico, you have to have the test up to 72 hours before boarding the flight.

Please cite your source.  AFAIK there is NO testing required to enter Mexico by air or land or sea.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:24 pm

When I returned from Seattle and flew home to Jalisco, 35 days ago, the only thing I needed was my passport and my Mexican Permanente card. No one asked me about my health or whether or not I had been vaccinated.  (I've had two Pfizer shots and one Moderna booster shot.)

Have things changed, or is this just a misunderstanding?
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:47 pm

It would be a refreshing change if true. It would mean that AMLO actually gave a damn about the people living here. Please site a source RoyD.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:00 pm

In Canada you need to provide proof of vaccination to board any airplane or train, both domestic and international.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel?wbdisable=true

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:51 pm

Source was my Mexican born Dermatologist who just returned from Mexico. I trust his information as I have seen a lot of false info on the internet.

I just had follow up cancer surgery on my left ear after a Squamous Cell growth was removed end of December. The tissue removed was cancer free, so I'm good to go until the next one pops up.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 pm

Returning FROM Mexico to the U.S., he needed to be tested. Not the other way round.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob, BisbeeGal and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:06 pm

Driving into the US you don't need nuffink.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:12 pm

ferret,

He told me he had to have a test within 72 hours before boarding his flight to Mexico. I do not believe he is lying. He is a very educated and intelligent person, so I have to give what he said a lot of weight.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying you do not agree with the doctor who just flew back from there. This stuff changes so fast, it is hard to keep up with it.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:17 pm

If it's me you mean, I specified driving, not flying. The difference makes no sense to me, but I checked very carefully.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:36 pm

I prefer to get my information up to date sources. This on January 4th...
https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/mexico-travel-covid-19/index.html
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

mudgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:46 pm

RoyD wrote:ferret,

He told me he had to have a test within 72 hours before boarding his flight to Mexico. I do not believe he is lying. He is a very educated and intelligent person, so I have to give what he said a lot of weight.

I'm not saying you are wrong, just saying you do not agree with the doctor who just flew back from there. This stuff changes so fast, it is hard to keep up with it.

It hasn't changed. Mexico has not required any tests in order to enter the country all through this pandemic. Being an educated and intelligent person has nothing to do with it. The rules are published and available for anyone to read. Either you are confused about what he told you or he is confused.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

BisbeeGal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:02 am

Canada_Mike wrote:

True if US citizen, but non-US citizens need proof of vax effective Jan. 22, 2022.
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/01/20/dhs-require-non-us-individual-travelers-entering-united-states-land-ports-entry-and
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

CanuckBob likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:43 am

BisbeeGal wrote:
Canada_Mike wrote:

True if US citizen, but non-US citizens need proof of vax effective Jan. 22, 2022.
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/01/20/dhs-require-non-us-individual-travelers-entering-united-states-land-ports-entry-and
I agree that "BisbeeGal" is correct, but my wife and myself are Canadians and we drove into Texas at the Colombia-Solidarity crossing with another couple, both US citizens on last Wednesday morning.  The vehicle we were driving had Jalisco licence plates.

We showed our passports, explained we were only going into Texas for a few hours to get Covid boosters and shop.  We weren't asked about our vaccination status even though we had them at the ready.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down