INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico?

4 posters

Go down

Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico? Empty Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico?

Post by Lynnwood Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 pm

My daughter and I are thinking about an extended stay, first trip for due diligence for a possible move in a year or so.  I have a medical exemption, she is unvaccinated and wants to remain that way. What are the current rules/mandates in place in both scenarios - tourist, and expats living in Mexico...?

Government?
Restaurants?
Other places and considerations?
Will we be pariah’s or looked down on there?

I found this link, is it correct and current?
mx.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information-for-u-s-citizens-in-mexico

(add the h t t p : / / to the front...)

It says they are not mandatory, and no significant restrictions for day to day activities.

Thanks...

Lynnwood

Back to top Go down

Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico? Empty Re: Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico?

Post by ferret Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 pm

Covid (Omicron) is going full tilt here right now. And the majority of people wear masks always in stores and to enter restaurants. imho, NOT a good time to come down here. Do not be fooled by the official stats because they are lowball... multiply by a factor of at least 10. That is why I post the word "supposed stats" before every daily post.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

dvinton and Lynnwood like this post

Back to top Go down

Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico? Empty Re: Are Covid Passports Required in Mexico?

Post by Lynnwood Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:37 pm

Thanks! We’re just starting the process, don’t plan on traveling for at least 2 months. Thanks for he info, I’ll check again...

Lynnwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:53 am

You will not be a pariah because no one will know you are unvaccinated. If asked you can lie about being vaccinated except for the places that currently must ask for proof of vaccination.
Even if you announce you are unvaccinated you can still experience life here. You will find a pool of people who are unvaccinated for various reasons — including the whack jobs if you incline toward the far right. So, yes you could come down and meet your needs if you do not care about the impact of unvaccinated people traveling internationally during a global pandemic.
I have a dear friend who is unvaccinated for a sound medical reason. She is extremely cautious and has a strict protocol. She just completed a week of isolation after her husband attended a meeting where someone later tested positive. Everyone was masked and social distanced during the meeting.
It is not easy to be responsibly unvaccinated and in my opinion there is no way to responsibly travel unvaccinated at this time. I would ask others to not travel here until you can do so without putting others at undue risk. Perhaps that will be possible in a couple of months but seems unlikely right now.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

ferret and mudgirl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Please do everyone a favor and don't bring your unvaccinated selves to other places. Really sick of you people spreading this deadly disease around the globe. It's so unbelievably self-centered.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

gatosigi and Heem like this post

Playaboy dislikes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down