INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Smoking Law

+12
raqueteer
Parker
CanuckBob
SnowDaddy
hockables
Rolly
Solovino
gringal
johninajijic
David
ferret
CheenaGringo
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

No Smoking Law - Page 3 Empty Re: No Smoking Law

Post by johninajijic Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:52 pm

arbon wrote:The owner of "The Thirsty Turtle" is quoted by another poster on TOB.

Daniel has ignored the non smoking issue saying the "non smokers can be outside" .
lol!

Someone should report him and watch his face as he gets fined $ 20,000. pesos. He'll change his tune then.

johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:13 pm

"Someone should report him and watch his face as he gets fined $ 20,000. pesos. He'll change his tune then."

Might want to be careful what you wish for unless one is absolutely perfect without ever having bent, manipulated or broken any law or regulation that could come back on them too!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 am

As is typical, the anti's have misquoted the owner of the Thirsty Turtle, and are now out for blood.
He has stated that he never said that the non-smokers could stay outside, is not ignoring the no-smoking laws, and is trying to come up with a solution to please everyone. Sadly this is not likely to work out because the anti's have their prejudices so firmly implanted that there will never be any pleasing them.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 am

raqueteer wrote:As is typical, the anti's have misquoted the owner of the Thirsty Turtle, and are now out for blood.
He has stated that he never said that the non-smokers could stay outside, is not ignoring the no-smoking laws, and is trying to come up with a solution to please everyone. Sadly this is not likely to work out because the anti's have their prejudices so firmly implanted that there will never be any pleasing them.

Raqueteer - What do you mean by antis? What doesn't the owner or you get when the Mexican government makes a "No Smoking" law for restaurants? That it's OK to smoke outside?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 pm

I loved the burgers and ice cold beer at the old Turtle. When the owner himself announces that it is a non-smoking inside place, nobody will misquote him wrongly. Bruno's did that, and the non-smoking patrons returned.

I think we should keep this to "what he said" instead of implications.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

johninajijic wrote:
raqueteer wrote:As is typical, the anti's have misquoted the owner of the Thirsty Turtle, and are now out for blood.

Raqueteer - What do you mean by antis? What doesn't the owner or you get when the Mexican government makes a "No Smoking" law for restaurants? That it's OK to smoke outside?

Well, let's see John, what is an anti? An anti would be someone, such as yourself, who wishes to see the person who has refused to see your particular form of religious fervor, punished, and severely at that. Today it is smoking, tomorrow, who knows. Perhaps it will be the demon rum as it has been in the past. Let's try to imagine some other dastardly act which some miscreant, in your eyes, will come up with. Could it be the use of asthma inhalers, possibly homeschooling, or the growing of tomato plants in one's back yard. I could in fact provide links to each and every one of these horrendous affronts to the moral majority, however I do feel that they might fall on deaf ears, or to be more accurate, blind eyes.

As for smoking in restaurants, what part of outside do you not understand? The not inside part?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:19 pm

raqueteer - What part of NO SMOKING in restaurants don't you understand??? A No Smoking law means No Smoking in a restaurant whether inside or outside. I guess you are a smoker. I have never smoked.

What if someone is smoking outside and the breeze is blowing smoke into the restaurant affecting other patrons. Is that OK? NOT. What if the persons affected by the smoke complains to the owner and he does nothing about it? Is that OK? NOT! Or he will lose his non smoking customers.

I can assure you if that scenario ocurred with our Monthly Dinner group, there would be more than one of us chewing out a new ahole in the restauranteur and if he did nothing, never to return again. None of us smoke.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:27 pm

John, what part of IN don't you understand? The owner of the Thirsty Turtle himself has stated that he has a non smoking section, for about 3,000.

From the owner himself:

(quote)

thankss Gary I have non smoking for up to about 3000 thanks

(end quote)

Now if that's not good enough for you, I fail to see what ever could be good enough for you.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:42 pm

raqueteer wrote:John, what part of IN don't you understand? The owner of the Thirsty Turtle himself has stated that he has a non smoking section, for about 3,000.

From the owner himself:

(quote)

(end quote)

Now if that's not good enough for you, I fail to see what ever could be good enough for you.

Yes, I understand that, but I believe the law applies to ALL areas of the restaurant.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:47 pm

johninajijic wrote:
raqueteer wrote:John, what part of IN don't you understand? The owner of the Thirsty Turtle himself has stated that he has a non smoking section, for about 3,000.

From the owner himself:

(quote)

(end quote)

Yes, I understand that, but I believe the law applies to ALL areas of the restaurant.

Incorrect.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2008/02/27/us-mexico-smoking-idINN2638831620080227

Now can you just limit your rants to specific laws and not speculation?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:53 pm

I've just asked the owner very bluntly, on (GASP) TOB, whether he was banning smoking inside his restaurant or not. How hard is that to answer with a "yes" or "no"?

He's been posting on there in the "meet and greet" thread, so he is likely to see it. So far, it sounds like he is dodging the question rather adroitly with the comments about trying to work something out that would make everybody happy. That is very unlikely, considering the level of passion expressed by various sides to the issue. The law doesn't attempt to make everybody happy. That is impossible.

I think the comment about "room for 3000" may well have been made with tongue firmly in cheek and may be referring to the great outdoors, since there are no restaurants in this area with inside seating for 3,000 patrons.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowDaddy Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Quoted "I can assure you if that scenario occurred with our Monthly Dinner group, there would be more than one of us chewing out a new ahole in the restaurant and if he did nothing, never to return again. None of us smoke."

There in lies the rub, if a restaurant doesn't abide by the no smoking law, "don't go there" not too difficult a concept to grasp.

Last edited by SnowDaddy on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation)
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

raqueteer wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

From the owner himself:

(quote)

(end quote)

Incorrect.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2008/02/27/us-mexico-smoking-idINN2638831620080227

So what!!! Read chapala.com and see how their members feel about Thirsty Turtle. Since there are more non smokers than smokers, let him cater to smokers and we'll watch his business go down the drain.

He won't have the business of most of the members on TOB.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Snowdaddy has the right idea. "Don't go there". Then it's up to the owner to see which side of the bread has more butter on it and act accordingly.

As far as the pro-smoking contingent goes........I wonder who'd be willing to pay his fine if it comes to that? It's easy to say what we'd like it to be and have an arsenal of reasons for it, but like speeding and all the other laws we may or may not agree with, it gets down to who pays the penalty for breaking said laws.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

johninajijic wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

From the owner himself:

(quote)

(end quote)

Incorrect.

So what!!! Read chapala.com and see how their members feel about Thirsty Turtle. Since there are more non smokers than smokers, let him cater to smokers and we'll watch his business go down the drain.

He won't have the business of most of the members on TOB.

I rest my case your honor, this poster is not really interested in any specific law, however wishes to punish any one who even thinks about allowing smoking outside of their establishment.

As to losing certain customers, while abiding by the law, well so be it. In fact, now that I know that certain posters on TOB, and on this one will not be going there despite the owner most likely complying with the no smoking inside law, perhaps the big guy and I will give it a shot, in good weather. No Smoking Law - Page 3 169387

The law is the law, whether you or anyone else likes it or not. No Smoking Law - Page 3 501432

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Keep on schmokin'. You'll get lung cancer or another smoking related disorder or one from second hand smoke. I don't wish you harm, but some people never wake up.

Enjoy your smoke filled unhealthy burger. I wouldn't go to Thirsty Turtle to eat because it's out of the way and there's better burgers in downtown Ajijic.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:28 pm

On TOB, the owner admitted the "3.000" was a joke.
He didn't answer the direct question of "yes" or "no" about inside smoking. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Quoting John: "raqueteer - What part of NO SMOKING in restaurants don't you understand??? A No Smoking law means No Smoking in a restaurant whether inside or outside."
&
"Keep on schmokin'. You'll get lung cancer or another smoking related disorder or one from second hand smoke. I don't wish you harm, but some people never wake up.
Enjoy your smoke filled unhealthy burger. I wouldn't go to Thirsty Turtle to eat because it's out of the way and there's better burgers in downtown Ajijic."

This sure sounds like there is a control issue with John and like all of his lists or restaurant opinions - it is his way or the highway. Remember there is power in numbers (more non-smokers) as he so states. This reminds me of a "professional firefighter" for the City of Spokane, WA who drew a line in the sand about entering any vehicle, store, restaurant or bar where people smoked because he was allergic to smoke. Say What?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 pm

ok... so you can't smoke in eating establishments... but the burning question I have is

Smokealot Can U still smoke at The Titty Bar? Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:43 pm

You are referring to something the smokers may still remember but many have also forgotten or have fading memories of which you speak!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Who knows? We don't have one here.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:57 pm

If The Thirsty Turtle fella falls on hard times because of his enforcement ( policies ? ) of the Law... he can always open up a Hooters Franchise Beer some things transend a simple ciggy!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm

If nothing else, the owner of the Thirsty Turtle is getting his name in front of lots of people with 3300+ views of the topic. How much would it have cost him to run advertising to get that much attention?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:25 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:If nothing else, the owner of the Thirsty Turtle is getting his name in front of lots of people with 3300+ views of the topic. How much would it have cost him to run advertising to get that much attention?

Bingo!!!!!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

No Smoking Law - Page 3 Empty Hey, CanuckBob

Post by SnowDaddy Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 am

David wrote:Who knows? We don't have one here.

AHA, a new business opportunity, Bob.
SnowDaddy
SnowDaddy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah if you want to have the cartel as business partners............. Smokealot

Last edited by CanuckBob on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob