INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away...

2 posters

Go down

Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away... Empty Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away...

Post by Cincy Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:15 pm

A very good Mexican friend of mine passed away in Ajijic about a week ago.  The family have now invited me to attend a meal at the house of the deceased person.

What can I expect?  How should I dress?  Is it a celebration of the person's life or a time for sadness and prayers?

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away... Empty Re: Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away...

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Probably a bit of both. Dress rather nicely, but not formal style, and be sure to take something to contribute to the meal; perhaps a kilo of coffee, a cake, or such.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away... Empty Re: Mexican etiquette for a friend who recently passed away...

Post by Cincy Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:01 pm

Turns out the family was just having a get-together before the 9th day, which will be the following day.  A mass will be held at the local church in the morning followed by a large crucifix being taken to the Panteon later in the afternoon.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down