INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

+18
cypress
Catoca
nolajoe
mattoleriver
karjoeaz
Zedinmexico
Bartdude
Kiri
Wide Sky
CHILLIN
ElNido
ferret
slainte39
ComputerGuy
mudgirl
Plan B
CanuckBob
Dostortas
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 4 Empty Re: Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by mudgirl Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:08 pm

I hadn't been vaxed at all when I flew into Calgary July 3rd. Had to do the hotel quarantine (that was still in place then even for vaxed arrivals). Got the test at the airport on arrival as well as the self test in a box I had to do on day 8. At the airport, before lining up for the test, there were people assisting us to download the app for the daily check-in.
I never had to call and report whether I had symptoms or not. Each day I just had to check the no symptoms box on the app.

No one ever came to check whether I was at my stated quarantine location (my daughter's), no one called.
Got my first Pfizer the day after the 14 day quarantine was over. Now I just have to hope I can find the second here in Mexico soon.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 4 Empty Re: Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by ferret Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:12 pm

Mudgirl, you can get an AstraZeneca if you can't find the Pfizer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/immune-response-astrazeneca-shot-boosted-by-mixing-dose-schedule-with-pfizer-2021-06-28/

I don't really think the order is as important as the combination of the two. Suerte!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:33 pm

Yep, I would go for the AZ combo. Just register and go like it is your first shot.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:59 pm

and what do you do for the ctificate? or is that the chance to get the third jab?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

cypress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 4 Empty Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by cypress Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:26 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, I would go for the AZ combo. Just register and go like it is your first shot.  
In Mexico when you register again they will see what other vaccines you have had and probpbably say no. Oops that is the case only if you got your first vaccine (Pfizer) in Mexico. It isn't clear to me where you got your first vaccination

Last edited by cypress on Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correction, spelling error)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:34 pm

brigitte wrote:and what do you do for the ctificate? or is that the chance to get the third jab?
Good point. Will there be a problem when you show 2 different certificates? The combination should be fine but normally the second dose is supposed to be the same as the first for their paper work.

Last edited by cypress on Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:37 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:37 pm

ferret wrote:Mudgirl, you can get an AstraZeneca if you can't find the Pfizer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/immune-response-astrazeneca-shot-boosted-by-mixing-dose-schedule-with-pfizer-2021-06-28/

I don't really think the order is as important as the combination of the two. Suerte!

Thanks. But I won't take the viral vector vaccines. I'll only go for the mRNA ones. The blood clotting issues have been with the viral vector vaxes. And while I realize the cases have been few compared to how many people have gotten them, I have super low blood pressure and not willing to risk thrombosis.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:30 am

mudgirl wrote:
ferret wrote:Mudgirl, you can get an AstraZeneca if you can't find the Pfizer.

Thanks. But I won't take the viral vector vaccines. I'll only go for the mRNA ones. The blood clotting issues have been with the viral vector vaxes. And while I realize the cases have been few compared to how many people have gotten them, I have super low blood pressure and not willing to risk thrombosis.

Every vaccine has problems in small numbers. I wouldn't let either situation color my own opinion but its real. Here is the latest from NYT on mRNA vaccines. Both types of vaccines have some rare problems. I took the AZ shot and two months later got the Pfizer. No problems.

FROM NYT
Newly released data confirms that the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are both associated with rare heart problems, and that this side effect is most common after the second shot in adolescent boys and young men. Still, the benefits of vaccination continued to outweigh the risks, scientists said.

The side effects tend to be mild, temporary and uncommon. For every million doses of the second shot given to 12- to 39-year-olds, there were 14 to 20 extra cases of the heart problems, according to the new data, which was presented Monday at a meeting of an independent advisory committee to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“The data suggest an association of myocarditis with mRNA vaccination in adolescents and young adults,” Dr. Grace Lee, a pediatrician at Stanford and chair of the committee, said at the meeting. “Further data are being compiled to understand potential risk factors, optimal management strategies and long-term outcomes.”

But the benefits of the vaccines are substantial, even for those in the highest risk groups. According to an analysis presented Monday by a CDC scientist, every million doses of the Pfizer vaccine administered to 16- and 17-year-old boys would be expected to cause 73 cases of the heart problems, while preventing more than 56,000 COVID-19 cases and 500 related hospitalizations.

SEE NYT for rest of article.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4