INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

+18
cypress
Catoca
nolajoe
mattoleriver
karjoeaz
Zedinmexico
Bartdude
Kiri
Wide Sky
CHILLIN
ElNido
ferret
slainte39
ComputerGuy
mudgirl
Plan B
CanuckBob
Dostortas
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 3 Empty Re: Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by cypress Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:23 pm

Plan B wrote:Has anyone been able to get the documentation of their vaccination registration from this site?

https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/

I was told that it would be available approximately 2 weeks after receiving the second shot...Unfortunately this has not been the case.
Mine is there but only partly filled in.

Last edited by cypress on Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error, correction)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 3 Empty vaccination record

Post by cypress Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:41 pm

slainte39 wrote:Didn´t the WHO just in the last couple of days, completely approve the Sinovac shots?
They did but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico  - Page 3 Empty Re: Canadians being vaccinated in Mexico

Post by Canmex 87 Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:52 am

I was able to get through on the Government web site at 5:00 A.M. this morning and they sent a "certificado de vacunacion" to my e-mail address.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:38 am

Did you receive the email?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:43 am

CanuckBob wrote:Did you receive the email?
Yes, it came through in about 30 minutes.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:47 am

Ok, thanks. I entered my wife's info and haven't received the email yet. Been about an hour.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am

CanuckBob wrote:Ok, thanks. I entered my wife's info and haven't received the email yet. Been about an hour.

I did it at 5:00 A.M. when their web site probably wasn't that busy.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 am

CanuckBob wrote:Ok, thanks. I entered my wife's info and haven't received the email yet. Been about an hour.
When you do get the email it will be useless as there is a 90 minute time limit from the request. You might get lucky but I doubt it.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:47 am

Got it 2 hours later and it is expired.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:17 pm

Try early in the morning.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gatosigi Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:41 am

I got my certificate this morning around 8 AM. They left out the data for the 2nd shot.

gatosigi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:37 am

There is another link on that email where you can apply for corrections.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:15 pm

Give us a break, we are working as hard as we can to input/ output this data.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cd/71/8b/cd718ba34600cd7847a4c77e4ee4ebd1.jpg
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:42 pm

Got mine at 9am and it was correct! Beer

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:53 am

slainte39 wrote:Didn´t the WHO just in the last couple of days, completely approve the Sinovac shots?
Yes WHO did but the US CDC has not.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:01 pm

CHILLIN wrote:I skim read an article from Ontario which suggested that mixing of vaccines was possible. Obviously you would have to do some research, but maybe this will help some people. Can you be overvaccinated? Have no clue.
Quite a few people are mixing vaccines.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartdude Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:17 pm

We had 2 Sinovac in Chapala and getting our second Phizer this week in Canada.
Bartdude
Bartdude
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Almost nuthin better than a good laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:56 am

Plan B wrote:Has anyone been able to get the documentation of their vaccination registration from this site?

I was told that it would be available approximately 2 weeks after receiving the second shot...Unfortunately this has not been the case.
I got mine weeks ago.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:58 am

Dostortas wrote:The government of Canada has announced that beginning in early July, fully vaccinated Canadians returning to Canada will be exempt from the 14 day quarantine provided they test negative upon arrival.  At this point, only travelers who have received Health Canada approved vaccines which are Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZaneca and Johnson & Johnson will be able to forego quarantine. The government said it will assess and consider approving other Covid-19 vaccines at a later date.  

If you’re a fully vaccinated Canadian citizen or resident and planning on returning to Canada at some point, it may be prudent to check with Health Canada before booking travel if you haven’t received one of the 4 currently approved vaccines.  
If you plan on driving back you still can't cross the Mexican/US border by land.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:00 am

Yes, WHO did but the US CDC didn't.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:03 am

mudgirl wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:You are lucky to be going via Calgary. In Vancouver they are charging over $1000 Cad for the hotel stay according to some guests I had that went back.

Like airline tickets, booking several weeks ahead can get you lower prices than close to the dates. Maybe it was expensive for your friends because of that.
There are only 5 govt. quarantine hotels in Calgary, and most were in the over $800 range- I was surprised this one was so much less (it's the Best Western). Hopefully the food will be edible :-)

The thing is, all the flights from P.V. to B.C. go via Calgary, except for Saturday flights, and the Saturday dates didn't work for me, so I didn't exactly choose to stay in Calgary.
I would like to drive back to Canada so I can take some of my stuff and my dog. But it is not possible at present.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 am

Yes I got the documents

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:40 am

I missed that where was it reported.

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:54 am

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06-2021-who-validates-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-and-issues-interim-policy-recommendations
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:32 am

Didn't help me, of course, travelling to Ottawa on August 6. Three days after I got approval to skip the gov't hotel requirement (when did that make any sense), they cancelled that step anyway.

However, I guess having been double-vaxxed with any version helped my trip: At Toronto Pearson, Immigration walked me right by the testing table. On the other hand, nobody told me I would need a Day 1 and Day 8 test until I got an email 4 days later. There is absolutely no information on any Federal gov't Website about these tests: trust me, I scoured. I was also informed in that email that I needed to call in to a HealthWatch number every day to report any symptoms or lack thereof.

On day 5, I got a phone call from HealthWatch to "see how I was doing", part of the infamous checking in on quarantines. The next morning, an official came to my door to "see how I was doing". Both people, noting that I had been double-vaxxed, said "Okay, then, you're okay and you can ignore any more messages". But neither commented on the fact that it was Sinovac, so I was still not sure about my quarantine situation. Thus, I snuck out to shop and eat on numerous occasions. After that I never called in again. And I never heard from them again.

Everyone, everywhere, work masks and tried to distance (except at the Business lounge in Houston on my way back, where NO ONE wore a mask except employees).

One interesting sidenote: a link in the email from the Federal gov't "for more information" had me speaking with a woman who "before we continue" was offering a special deal on a Medical Alert device. At that point, she asked if I could hear her okay. Damn! I said yes and then realized I was talking to a recording. Some sneaky service was recording my "yes" to use against me at some point, as in other scams we've heard of around here. I hung up and reported this to the person who contacted me via phone, who told me she had never heard of such a thing and had no way of reporting it.

I plan to report the incident somehow to the authorities. I hope nothing comes of my faux pas.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:08 pm

I hadn't been vaxed at all when I flew into Calgary July 3rd. Had to do the hotel quarantine (that was still in place then even for vaxed arrivals). Got the test at the airport on arrival as well as the self test in a box I had to do on day 8. At the airport, before lining up for the test, there were people assisting us to download the app for the daily check-in.
I never had to call and report whether I had symptoms or not. Each day I just had to check the no symptoms box on the app.

No one ever came to check whether I was at my stated quarantine location (my daughter's), no one called.
Got my first Pfizer the day after the 14 day quarantine was over. Now I just have to hope I can find the second here in Mexico soon.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next