INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?

4 posters

Go down

Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?  Empty Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?

Post by DuckieHoomever Mon May 03, 2021 3:22 am

It doesn't appear that today or yesterday is a holiday, so can anyone clue me in why there are fireworks keeping my friend up tonight?

DuckieHoomever
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?  Empty Re: Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?

Post by NoVaDamer Mon May 03, 2021 6:54 am

It's possible it's a one-off fiesta like a wedding, but last night was also the eve of the Feast of the Santa Cruz (Holy Cross), which is a big deal to construction workers, and they spend a lot of money on fireworks for it. We live out towards the west end (between Ajijic and SJC) and normally this is the nosiest week of the year for us.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?  Empty Re: Fireworks this late in San Juan Cosala?

Post by ComputerGuy Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 am

Fireworks are now de rigeur for just about any party around here, any day of the week, for any reason. If a week goes by in Riberas without some sort, I go outside to check if maybe it's the zombie apocalypse.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon May 03, 2021 11:12 am

my maid told me that the fireworks this Monday are because it is the Day of the Cross.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down