INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covid Vaccinations Florida

+15
Sherman
mudgirl
ferret
Jreboll
mattoleriver
lakeside7
ComputerGuy
Zedinmexico
BisbeeGal
RickS
slainte39
Carry Bean
Canmex 87
CanuckBob
RoyD
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Covid Vaccinations Florida - Page 3 Empty Re: Covid Vaccinations Florida

Post by RickS Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm

Yes, I agree. Not forget... but move on from petty snarkyness. Not forget but try another approach attempting civility. Not forget but tone down the divisiveness.  It's tempting to use the tactics of those no longer in power. I just prefer to not lower myself to that level. YMMV, I understand.

RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret, RVGRINGO, Lady Otter Latté and Heem like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:34 pm

rotwein wrote:I received my first shot yesterday. Already have an appointment for the second shot.  Then I can travel.  What is this over 60 restriction in Ajijic I heard was in place?

No you can travel after you wait for the second shot to become effective. Until that time you will only be 50% effective until 15/30 days after second shot. I have heard both numbers. I am assuming you are getting the Pfizer vaccine.  I don't know about the others.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
rotwein wrote:I am assuming you are getting the Pfizer vaccine.  I don't know about the others.

Moderna is the same... except time between shots is 4 weeks with them, not 3 weeks like Pfizer.  

AstraZeneca, not yet approved in the US, is different I understand.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:24 pm

RickS wrote:
Jreboll wrote:I see RoyD is card-carrying QAnon

IMO that was an uncalled for remark.  Promotes nothing. Reminds me of the last four years which I would like to forget.

The remark that solicited the "the uncalled for remark" was an uncalled for remark also....IMO.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

RickS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Couldn't agree more 39!  You'll notice that I was the second to react to that remark right away.....
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm

RoyD wrote:Mudgirl,

The new strain of Covid is HIGHLY contagious, which is why the US is the Covid capital of the world right now. You CANNNOT risk NOT getting the vaccine as soon as possible. It's your life on the line if your a senior or have medical issues that make you high risk.

Secondly, when you get the vaccine, you have to wait two to three weeks for your body to develop the antibodies that gives you the immunity protection. In case of Moderna, which is the one I think we will be getting Monday, that would be two to three weeks after the SECOND shot. With the UK vaccine it would be after 1 shot. I never thought about this, assuming that when I got the vaccine, I would be immune, but I was wrong. You are not immune until you have enough antibodies in your bloodstream. This is why you have to wait for a period of time after the shot.

RoyD

Thanks for your concern about my health, but I'm pretty well informed about all this, and I don't take advice from people who spout nonsense like the new strain being why the US is the COVID capital of the world, which it has been long before the new strain came along.

And if the new strain is so dangerous, why would I risk catching it going through airports and sitting on a plane full of people to go to Texas, which is full of maskless COVID deniers and thousands of infected people? Not to mention idiots walking the streets with their precious guns. I'm quite safe here in my home in the countryside, thank you very much.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

rckrckr and brigitte like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3